R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 03-05-2004, 09:17 PM   #4066
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Yea! A sign from the gods. 1.17s come out on my birthday!
Is one pack labeled "Happy Birthday John"?
Gee John!, sorry I didn't catch that up until now. Sorry for the late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 09:43 PM   #4067
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
LOL! you know you did a good job and that's what counts. But for XRC to choose that picture, I think they're trying to tell us "because" we're not advertising with them? I don't know. Just a wild geuss. Oh well, I was just about to contact them for an ad but after this, we'll have to wait or mayhaps go somewhere else. <shrug>
Nah, trust me, that had nothing to do with it. I provided them with a very limited selection of pictures for the race, and none of us even realized that until it was too late. I was the one narrowing down the pics to use, not the office guys.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:50 PM   #4068
Tech Rookie

The emails I sent were on Tuesday and Thursday. Haven't heard anything. Was able to get the online order to go through tonight. Figured I would try once more before calling. Thanks for your response.
courtlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:50 PM   #4069
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Tosolini
do you wan't to sleep with me?
I'll pass on that one, but Im still deciding on if Im gonna go or not, Id like to get a hotel that I at least know some people at if I do go..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 04:14 PM   #4070
Tech Master

Nate took this photo at my last race....notice the outside boards?? Notice the driver with his arm out? Notice his T-shirt?
FUKUYAMA IS EVERYWERE BABY!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00425.jpg (139.9 KB, 138 views)
R/C HEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:14 PM   #4071
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Thumbs up Results Today

Had another good day of racing today. Picked up a win in 19 turn today over a couple of guys I've never beat int he two years I've been racing with them. (Dave Smith and Jim Cooper for those of you who know them) Couldn't get the Losi to stop pushing so I played Russian Roulette and Pulled out the Tamiya that I'd never raced before for the main after only half a pack in practice. (Only run ever for it) and won the A.

How about anyone else that raced today?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:06 PM   #4072
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
LOL! you know you did a good job and that's what counts. But for XRC to choose that picture, I think they're trying to tell us "because" we're not advertising with them? I don't know. Just a wild geuss. Oh well, I was just about to contact them for an ad but after this, we'll have to wait or mayhaps go somewhere else. <shrug>

Dan
I'm lost? I'm sorry to inform you but we don't make decisions of pictures based on advertising. I know it's a theory but not true. We do seek pictures for reviews and other items in the magazine in how-tos and stuff from our advertisors. That's another way we support the peoples that support us. So ease up a bit...I don't even know what picture you're talking about, but I can tell you that's not how WE operate.

I hate to put the blame on people but sponsored drivers using product from other companies than their sponsors is something you should look into.

I can't tell you how many sponsored drivers ask me to wait while they make sure their "sponsors" are in view and nothing else. As a sponsor I would be pissed if my drivers had "other" stuff in their cars.

Last edited by DerekB; 03-08-2004 at 07:25 PM.
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:37 PM   #4073
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Results Today

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Had another good day of racing today. Picked up a win in 19 turn today over a couple of guys I've never beat int he two years I've been racing with them. (Dave Smith and Jim Cooper for those of you who know them) Couldn't get the Losi to stop pushing so I played Russian Roulette and Pulled out the Tamiya that I'd never raced before for the main after only half a pack in practice. (Only run ever for it) and won the A.

How about anyone else that raced today?
Was it an on power or off power push?
Old 03-06-2004, 10:47 PM   #4074
Tech Champion

Off power going into the corners. I've got quite a few adjustments I could have made but I wanted to try the Tamiya anyways so it was a good excuse. The tires were the biggest problem in the second run (it started to get pretty warm so I tried 36's, big mistake) but in the first qualifier, Going into the corner off power it would push and then it would come to a speed where the front end would basically catch and the car would rotate fine out of the corner. The two cars actually drive similar. They have a very similar feel to them.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:33 PM   #4075
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Off power going into the corners. I've got quite a few adjustments I could have made but I wanted to try the Tamiya anyways so it was a good excuse. The tires were the biggest problem in the second run (it started to get pretty warm so I tried 36's, big mistake) but in the first qualifier, Going into the corner off power it would push and then it would come to a speed where the front end would basically catch and the car would rotate fine out of the corner. The two cars actually drive similar. They have a very similar feel to them.
Assuming you were running green/blue springs, switch to blue/blue, should take care of the off power push.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:06 AM   #4076
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
I'm lost? I'm sorry to inform you but we don't make decisions of pictures based on advertising. I know it's a theory but not true. We do seek pictures for reviews and other items in the magazine in how-tos and stuff from our advertisors. That's another way we support the peoples that support us. So ease up a bit...I don't even know what picture you're talking about, but I can tell you that's not how WE operate.

I hate to put the blame on people but sponsor drivers using product from other companies than their sponsors is something you should look into.

I can't tell you how many sponsored drivers ask me to wait while they make sure their "sponsors" are in view and nothing else. As a sponsor I would be pissed if my drivers had "other" stuff in their cars.
I hope this is not about the pic of my car because the style of it has nothing to do with advertising and this is about me and my sponcers, come on, chill out Dan. I'll see you this week and Derik keep up the good work. You to Dan keep doing what your doing, its working, but chill on EX mag there the only ones that show me any love in the past few years, and I don't forget that.........
Chris Tosolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:19 AM   #4077
Tech Initiate

Hi guys
Thanks for the advise so far.I made my new cells up and they are ready to charge. I have the reedy quaser pro and when I go and set the v peak I set it at .5m v/c and it sets it automatically at 30m v/p. The nearest I can get to 50mv is to set it at 9m v/c which makes it 54m v/p. Is it me just been thick? What should I set it at?
Thanks
Mark
mark turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:03 AM   #4078
Tech Champion

You're right by setting it @ 54. That's close enough. Some chargers set differently. My LRP sets to either 50 or 55. Lately I've been going to 55 because I race outdoors mainly and it's been a little cooler around here so a higher delta peak will help the cells get good and warm.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:22 AM   #4079
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by mark turner
Hi guys
Thanks for the advise so far.I made my new cells up and they are ready to charge. I have the reedy quaser pro and when I go and set the v peak I set it at .5m v/c and it sets it automatically at 30m v/p. The nearest I can get to 50mv is to set it at 9m v/c which makes it 54m v/p. Is it me just been thick? What should I set it at?
Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark,

Just temp gauge it to around 140f~145f. That should be the ideal temp for the pack to perform.

Dan
Old 03-07-2004, 11:23 AM   #4080
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB

I hate to put the blame on people but sponsor drivers using product from other companies than their sponsors is something you should look into.

I've got my smiley face in there along with some joking remarks. I'm sorry if you feel offended. I wasn't really implying anything. Just some thoughts. Glad you cleared that up.

Dan