R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-28-2004, 11:31 AM   #3886
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You gonna attack it with the mill like you did with the dremel last time?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:41 AM   #3887
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Hot warm are the pack when they get to that point? I know some chargers are reading temp instead of voltage drop (ex Yokomo) So that may be an option as long as they're getting warm enough.
Yeah. My match cells would either be warm when its reaching 3500mah or 8.95v. Before it peaks i actually stop charging it.

My previous match cells gave very consistent performance after each charge. Manage to stay the same way for about half a year.
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:43 AM   #3888
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

I'd expect a fairly new set of batteries to take closer to 50 minutes to charge at 4.5amps.
The reading of whats gone in can vary from different chargers, it's only worked out from the charge rate and time. I regularly charge at 5 amps on my Pro Trak and get around 4100 into my Fukuyama's, they are equalised before I charge them which will add a couple hundred mA. They never get overly hot, around 40 celcius. I get pretty much identicle readings when charging to about 42degrees but only bother getting the temperature tray out when racing outdoors in the summer where it's more consistant since you can compensate for ambient temperature.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:36 PM   #3889
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnMatrix
Whats the average time it takes you guys to charge your Fukuyama's?

I'll be charging a 6pack at 4.5 amps and 50mv. What charging time would you guess for that ?

The reason I ask is cause i want to know if my charger false peaks or not.

thanks
At 4.5 amp, about 45 min to 55 min.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #3890
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Hey Jon, my new toy is on the way
what toy??

Dan
Old 02-29-2004, 04:53 AM   #3891
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
what toy??

Dan
I told you on the phone a couple days ago...

But for now, we still gotta get you that toy we were talkin about yesterday
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 05:24 AM   #3892

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Hey Guys
I have turned 11.9's just like everyone else consistently fast enough for a second or 3rd place time for the A-main. I have not had good qual luck so far. We have another resort and qual to go today, I'm gonna try and put her in the show once again!
Out the door to the track
Stephen
Old 02-29-2004, 11:19 AM   #3893
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Trinityracinnut
Hey Guys
I have turned 11.9's just like everyone else consistently fast enough for a second or 3rd place time for the A-main. I have not had good qual luck so far. We have another resort and qual to go today, I'm gonna try and put her in the show once again!
Out the door to the track
Stephen
Stephen,

Good job working the fields! I heard you're doing alright. Good luck with today's Q and Main. Course, you'll read this after the fact. LOL! take care.

Dan
Old 02-29-2004, 11:21 AM   #3894
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I told you on the phone a couple days ago...

But for now, we still gotta get you that toy we were talkin about yesterday
Yes! I now remembered which toy you were talking about. Me getting one too, at least that was decided before you did but you always seemed to be ahead of me. I gotta stop telling you my secrets.

Oh, and my wife likes that new 51". I'm gonna check what military base sells that for first. Will get in touch with you about that.

Dan
Old 02-29-2004, 04:05 PM   #3895
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardriven RC
It was just a minor comment about the boxes. I'm used to the GM boxes wich can withstand a nuke
Don't know about the Trinity boxes tough since i never want one of their battery's ever again. I ordered a few of them in the 1900sp era. If you don't know wich ones i mean, they were the black Sanyo cells. Anyway, they were total [email protected]
Luckily shortly after that i discovered ESP. I got to know Kim and got some great cells from him. I became one of their team drivers. Sadly they went out of bussines a few years back so i had to look out for another supplier. I've tried a few and found one that is great. However his prices are way out there, so i figured i would try some of these Fuku packs.
I'll let you guys know how they performed after the weekend.

Regards
Well, I tried them.

Sorry, I don't feel any difference with my "old" packs. They perform exactly the same as my other packs wich were Power Pushed an matched by my German friend.
I used 3 different chargers, just to make sure that the charger isn't the problem. I used an Novak Millenium Pro, An LRP Pulsar Competion and an CE Turbo GFX(not mine).
So the only thing that does stand out on these packs is the price. Now don't get me wrong, they do sell a good product but i felt the need to stay honest.
Now i know a lot of you guys are going to diss me for speaking the truth here, but if the Fukuyama guys are as mature and honest as i think they are they will sort of understand me.
I'm in the habbit of buying new packs every 3 to 4 months, so my packs are never that old to feel a big difference in performens with new pack like you do when the packs you are replacing are over a year old. Since i bought 7 packs at the same time it rules out a bad pack. The only thing it could be is a bad batch of cells. But then again that would have showed in the numbers.
If you Fukuyama guys want or need more feedback, please PM me.

Regards
Hardriven RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 04:35 PM   #3896
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Stephen,

Good job working the fields! I heard you're doing alright. Good luck with today's Q and Main. Course, you'll read this after the fact. LOL! take care.

Dan
Stephen was on an A-main run from what I heard during his last heat until a mishap. I didn't see it, I'm sure he can tell the story better than I can.

He did end up with the B-main win though. Congrats Stephen.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 04:46 PM   #3897

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

I did win the B by about a lap lol. I was on a 26 lap pace that probly would have been a 25 5:02 by the end of the race but had a slight mishap in last qual. I still had a good weekend and, Hey dan, I have a surprise class I might run. It does involve going off the track OFFROAD!
Old 02-29-2004, 06:47 PM   #3898
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Hey guys, I'm back from a lovely week in Southern California. I want to say thanks for all that Daniel did for me this past week. Racing at SOCAL was great on Tuesday. I met a lot of great people and devoted Fukuyama customers and had a blast racing myself. Thanks to Randy for giving me a lift back and forth. I enjoyed myself very much the next day at Fukuyama HQ's and so did my Fiance. Daniel, you run such a top notch organization that it makes me proud to be a part of it. Thanks for everything.

John
Old 02-29-2004, 06:53 PM   #3899
Tech Master

Default Fukuyama Racers!!!!

Dan, your team drivers were on fire today at RC Heat Raceway!!!

Great job!!!
John Kerr
Randman
Howard Hudson
Mark Franko

Keep up the good work guys! Way to represent!!!

Peace..
John G.
R/C HEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 06:59 PM   #3900
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Well, I tried them.

Sorry, I don't feel any difference with my "old" packs. They perform exactly the same as my other packs wich were Power Pushed an matched by my German friend.
I used 3 different chargers, just to make sure that the charger isn't the problem. I used an Novak Millenium Pro, An LRP Pulsar Competion and an CE Turbo GFX(not mine).
So the only thing that does stand out on these packs is the price. Now don't get me wrong, they do sell a good product but i felt the need to stay honest.
Now i know a lot of you guys are going to diss me for speaking the truth here, but if the Fukuyama guys are as mature and honest as i think they are they will sort of understand me.
I'm in the habbit of buying new packs every 3 to 4 months, so my packs are never that old to feel a big difference in performens with new pack like you do when the packs you are replacing are over a year old. Since i bought 7 packs at the same time it rules out a bad pack. The only thing it could be is a bad batch of cells. But then again that would have showed in the numbers.
If you Fukuyama guys want or need more feedback, please PM me.

Regards
Well, everyone's entitled to his opinion, but I don't think you're giving your new packs enough of a chance yet. With the newest batches of cells, everyone is noticing that they look less than stallar at first, but asfter a good 10-15 runs, they start to really pick up, & the internal resistance stays great, to where they're working just as well on track as older packs with higher voltage numbers. Just keep runing them for a little while, & then see how you feel, rather than judge them after a single race day....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote