R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #3856
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Most ppl I know can do real well with the less than best batteries. I myself have been running 1st generation GP3300's for a long time in stock TC on carpet. The labels are like 1.14 @ 20amps. Well anyway, i ususally do well in the A at the local club I race at. I just ordered some Fukuyama's, the 1.15+, cause the old batts are dumping in a 5 min round. I can't wait till i get a chance to run them!! Anyway I think the formula is:

10% Equipment
30% Car Setup
60% Driver!!

Thats always what I was told anyway!
nickw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:37 PM   #3857
Tech Regular

It was just a minor comment about the boxes. I'm used to the GM boxes wich can withstand a nuke
Don't know about the Trinity boxes tough since i never want one of their battery's ever again. I ordered a few of them in the 1900sp era. If you don't know wich ones i mean, they were the black Sanyo cells. Anyway, they were total [email protected]
Luckily shortly after that i discovered ESP. I got to know Kim and got some great cells from him. I became one of their team drivers. Sadly they went out of bussines a few years back so i had to look out for another supplier. I've tried a few and found one that is great. However his prices are way out there, so i figured i would try some of these Fuku packs.
I'll let you guys know how they performed after the weekend.

Regards
Hardriven RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:51 PM   #3858
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm sure you'll love them. Out of curiosity, what numbers did you get?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:29 PM   #3859
Tech Regular

I got 7 packs ranging from 1.165 to 1.169v.
Runtime from 0394 to 415 sec
IR 12 to 15

These are the short stack cells
Old 02-26-2004, 01:44 PM   #3860
Tech Champion

That's a heck of an order. You've got some good cells there. Enjoy!
Old 02-26-2004, 01:53 PM   #3861
Tech Regular

I do an order like that almost every 3 to 4 months. I use them every sunday for racing and when i get a new batch in i sell the old ones half price to members of my club. I sometimes keep a couple for training. This way i have fresh cell to race and i can make e few members of my club happy by selling them packs wich are still verry good at half price. I do try to give them to the people who can't afford the fullblown expensive race packs.

Regards

Last edited by Hardriven RC; 02-26-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:03 PM   #3862
Tech Champion

That's very cool of you.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:09 PM   #3863
Tech Regular

I'm not that cool, just like to win Got to keep my stuff in tip top shape for that

Regards
Old 02-26-2004, 07:09 PM   #3864
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardriven RC
It was just a minor comment about the boxes. I'm used to the GM boxes wich can withstand a nuke
Don't know about the Trinity boxes tough since i never want one of their battery's ever again. I ordered a few of them in the 1900sp era. If you don't know wich ones i mean, they were the black Sanyo cells. Anyway, they were total [email protected]
Luckily shortly after that i discovered ESP. I got to know Kim and got some great cells from him. I became one of their team drivers. Sadly they went out of bussines a few years back so i had to look out for another supplier. I've tried a few and found one that is great. However his prices are way out there, so i figured i would try some of these Fuku packs.
I'll let you guys know how they performed after the weekend.

Regards
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into it and see what I can do. I'm sure we can always improve.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 07:14 PM   #3865

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Hey Dan,
Thanx for the luck and all the help. I'll be at the track tomorrow as soon as school ends. Hopefully I will meet some other Fukuyama guys.
Stephen
Old 02-26-2004, 07:20 PM   #3866
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Trinityracinnut
Hey Dan,
Thanx for the luck and all the help. I'll be at the track tomorrow as soon as school ends. Hopefully I will meet some other Fukuyama guys.
Stephen
Stephen,

I believe you will be the only one representing this time along with some of our customers. Other then that, I don't recall any of our drivers are making this one. I'm sure you'll do good and good luck again.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 08:36 PM   #3867
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'll be there But I'm not a team driver You might not want to know how I preform this weekend anyways....
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:22 AM   #3868

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Hey chad if u need help, give me a holler at the track. I'll be there around 3:30 today.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:07 AM   #3869
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 3300 Longevity

I have only had my Fukuyama cells for about 2 months so it's too early to tell, but my other branded 3300's have not lasted very long. 1 pack I have had since October and last night when discharging it I noticed one of the cells has gone bad. While sitting on a tray (with voltage cutoff feature) I checked the voltage of the cells and all had equalized except for one of them which read .06 volts. Another pack I've had since last August has a cell in it that appears to be on the verge of doing the same thing.

I've got one of the new Novak dischargers on order and am going to start using it before the first charge of the day as earlier suggested, but I was wondering if any of the guys from Fukuyama have any thoughts on how long these 3300's should be lasting. I never run my packs more than twice a day, always make sure they are completely cooled before recharging and use an LRP charger.

Thanks for any input!

racer-oZ
racer-oZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:40 AM   #3870
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: 3300 Longevity

Quote:
Originally posted by racer-oZ
I have only had my Fukuyama cells for about 2 months so it's too early to tell, but my other branded 3300's have not lasted very long. 1 pack I have had since October and last night when discharging it I noticed one of the cells has gone bad. While sitting on a tray (with voltage cutoff feature) I checked the voltage of the cells and all had equalized except for one of them which read .06 volts. Another pack I've had since last August has a cell in it that appears to be on the verge of doing the same thing.

I've got one of the new Novak dischargers on order and am going to start using it before the first charge of the day as earlier suggested, but I was wondering if any of the guys from Fukuyama have any thoughts on how long these 3300's should be lasting. I never run my packs more than twice a day, always make sure they are completely cooled before recharging and use an LRP charger.

Thanks for any input!

racer-oZ
You know what's strange? I've been running my 3 packs of GP3300 since REEDY of last year and they are still running strong! I run them twice a race day charged at 5.5amps on the hot CA parking lots both 19turn and recently 5 minute mod. I've won a national with them, took them to japan and raced them to death and I'm going to run them again this week in modified. One thing the matcher says not to do with these cells is equalize them so I haven't which could be the key to the failure of your cells. In fact I don't discharge my packs at all since they have to be stored with some charge in them any way.... Just throwing out some input.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote