R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-08-2004, 05:40 PM   #3391
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You can Email directly. Send it to [email protected]. He goes by Maj. Teeth on the forum so you can also PM him. I'm sure he'll get back to you as soon as he gets back in town from the birds.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:41 PM   #3392
Tech Champion

Welcome to the team Stephen.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:47 PM   #3393
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

thanks for the updates dan.

did you get their shirts at the birds...just wondering if you had any pics?

stephen...congrats...great to see another midwest fukuyama driver. hopefully i'll get up to trackside more often.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:52 PM   #3394
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Updates

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
hey guys,

Sorry I've been away from this board for a week. This Snowbird thing is tolling on all of us and we're trying to catch some zz's when chance permits. Of course I was up mostly hanging out and trying my best to cheer up our guys.

It didn't seemed like we'd even make the Main since our guys were fighting to find the setups and the conditions on the track did change a few times. Not only that but the competition is fierce and had alot to do with car setups. Batteries, motors weren't even the issues since everybody was within hundredeth if not thousandeth of second from each other. From what I know, the CGM is a great car but having only a few days wasn't enough to find a good enough setup for some of our drivers. While our Stock guys, Rob had to built the brand new MI2 a couple of days beforehand, he was struggling mad to get the car to work and didn't happened until the last two qualify. With one qualifier running record time and was at TQ pace but right after the final buzzer sounded during it's final lap, someone turned on his transmitter and got onto his freq and totally disabled the car. Luckily in the last qualifier, Rob managed to pulled it off and got well within the A. I'm telling ya, this guy can drive!! Ran the main and was the fastest car out there. Good job Rob!

Also, a kid named Timmy Heiser got his car stolen from his room and I notice another young man offered to help him by letting him borrowed his car. This was a class act! so after watching him during a couple of practice rounds, during the club race that night, I took him in and gave him a spot in our team. He ran fiercely and did an excellent job! His name is Stephen Sobottka (sp?) and goes by trinityracenut on this forum. Stephen seemed like he'll be our future A-main driver from the looks of his abilities and his personality.

All in all, we had a very decent showing and I guess my presences was a bit of a pressure for the guys. We did manage to do well with only 4 official drivers in 2 A-mains and picking up Stephen during the race. Oh well, till next year and I'm sure more good things will come.

Dan

P.S. Drivers, you guys did your best and I appreciate your efforts!
Yeah, I heard about Timmy's car being stolen(doing something like that is just beyond my comprehension, it's really pathetic to steal something like that, or anything form a guy's room or his pit), but I was glad to hear that Stephen was able to help him out(I met Stephen at the Novak race last year, helped him with his motors a bit, he's a good guy). Also good to hear his efforts are being rewarded(I still wish I could do the Novak race & the 'birds too, but they're just so close to each other as far as vacation time & saving enough money goes). I'm also glad everyone's been having fun, & at least getting a LITTLE sleep, we're proud of you guys!

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:25 PM   #3395
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6
Default Re: Updates

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
His name is Stephen Sobottka (sp?) and goes by trinityracenut on this forum. Stephen seemed like he'll be our future A-main driver from the looks of his abilities and his personality.
Dan, Glad to hear that. I know Stephen, and I'm sure he will be a great addition to your team.

Thats probably bad news for everyone back here in Milwaukee. It only means he will be even faster.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:39 PM   #3396
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I thought having one Stephen at Fukuyama was cool, but two... I just cant comprehend this yet
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:56 PM   #3397
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Thanks Daniel for letting me borrow that pack for th Main. Car was whicked fast. I turned 12.5 and 12.6 with a car in 3-wheel drive and a broken a-arm!! so it must have been fast!!!

Nice to meet you=you are a trip-brother!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:15 PM   #3398
Tech Champion

Hey Randy, I found out this week, I'm not going to be able to take any time off work that's not a must for the next 6-7 weeks. I'm not going to be able to make Stockton I was putting my name in for the time off and they shot me down.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:24 PM   #3399
Tech Prophet

Dang, that sucks Jon...

Hey Dan, wanna go to Stockton in March, I got a empty seat in the Subie
Old 02-08-2004, 09:37 PM   #3400
Tech Champion

My sales partner is going in for back surgery so there won't be anyone there to cover the territory. I was pissed.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:46 PM   #3401
Tech Prophet

Ah, that sucks, I hope he is alright... hopefully you'll have a chance to pick up some more territory and make some bank
Old 02-08-2004, 09:53 PM   #3402
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Thumbs up Stephen Sobottka

that is so cool He is a great guy > I have talked with him a few time online and think he will be a asset to the team GO Steve and welcome howard hudson aka caliwarp

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:56 AM   #3403
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

I want to thank Rob Love and Dan for some help at the Snowbirds. Rob loaned me one of his packs. The pack was very good. To bad my heat was a hackfest and one guy broke me in the 2nd and 3rd Qual. I ran one of the packs in Stock and One pack in 19turn. I guess I had the same luck in 19 turn. Could never get a clean run. Ran a 25 5:04 in the club race and could never get close to running 24 in the actual race.

I had mad rip going down the Straight but once I caught someone it seemed they would put me into the boards or I would get around them but be out of shape for the next corner and have to slow way down. (I learned a new way around the track.. alot of drivers would not be in the line and instead of slowing down for the corner the would go full speed into the corner and hope a car was there to hit so that it would deflect them around the corner... )

All I want to know is what happened to the Track for the Finals. In my Stock class I did good on the first lap but I hit something in the middle of the track right at the start of the long straight and it took about 1/4 of my rear tire off my car. The track got really rough. It also Ripped a nice scratch markon the bottom of my car and cut the shrink off my battery packs. I figured it was a nail but I saw that it was still there during the later runs also.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:36 AM   #3404

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Hey Guys,
I just came home about an hour ago and am very tired from this weekend. I had about 20 hours of sleep total over the whole 10 days I was there. Thanks for welcoming me to the team, It was nice to meet some of the guys who are on it, I already knew Andrew Ellis. Thanks for the help this weekend Dan and putting me on your team! It was really coool to meet you in person finally. Timmy ended up running Bakers car but mine was offered if he needed it. Please e-mail me when you have a chance Dan. Hp and the car was not a problem this weekend as I was turning some very very fast laps, luck just didnt follow me. Its ok, I still had a blast and am definately coming back. Thanx for all the support on the boards guys!
Stephen Sobottka
Old 02-09-2004, 10:59 AM   #3405
Tech Regular

These cells are rated by voltage what discharge rate are you using?
I would love to get hold of some in the UK at these prices they are charging a 130 bucks a pop for cells like these.

Smokes
Smoking motor.. is offline   Reply With Quote