R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-26-2004, 01:34 PM   #3136
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

We layed some smack down. There were a lot of guys running fukuyama cells yesterday. I knew of atleast 12
Old 01-26-2004, 01:44 PM   #3137
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I was the fastest one using Fukuyama cells.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 04:14 PM   #3138
Tech Initiate

Default Jon Kerr

Jon-

Congrats on becomming a team member!!!!
SpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 05:03 PM   #3139
Tech Adept

Our track is running 8 min.(480 runtime) stock gtp A mains. Half are experiencing battery dumps and half aren't. What do I need to do to achieve 8 min. runtime. 4 cell, stock, gtp, medium track, Thanks, xxxgrumpxxx
xxxgrumpxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 05:06 PM   #3140
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
That one wasn't my fault... I was soooo pissed, mostly for the fact that the guy didn't even say sorry for smashing into me when I was walking off the drivers stand and that the shop didn't have any spare T-bars. I had to buy one off the guys behind us. Luckily Jeff Jones was nice enough to swap it out for me while I worked on other stuff.

Scooby got smashed into as well and he was way off the line right in front of our pits. He was pissed as well. That practice was the most nuts I have ever seen....almost as bad as practice outside running nitro touring with T-maxx's practicing at the same time!
You race with Jeff Jones and Scooby? tell all those slow #$!%'s that Matt Howard said hi next time you see them. I raced with them occasionaly when I was stationed in N.J.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 05:08 PM   #3141
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxgrumpxxx
Our track is running 8 min.(480 runtime) stock gtp A mains. Half are experiencing battery dumps and half aren't. What do I need to do to achieve 8 min. runtime. 4 cell, stock, gtp, medium track, Thanks, xxxgrumpxxx
What kind of gearing and motor are you running? you should have no problem making time in 1/12 stock
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 05:19 PM   #3142
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You guys either have some HORRIBLE cells, a poorly maintained motor, or you are geared WAY to high. I've never really seen someone dump in 1/12th stock with GP3300s.

remember, pretty much all cells are set at a 30 amp discharge when matched, so you typically see cells from around 390-420 or so. 1/12th stock is more like 25 amps, not to mention yer not on the throttle the whole race....

My advice, check your motor and gear down.

Later EddieO
Old 01-26-2004, 07:10 PM   #3143
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Agreed, what motor are you using, xxxgrumpxxx? Some stock motors are MUCH less efficient than others, & CAN make it possible to dump even a pack of GP3300's, if not geared & driven VERY carefully(I had that problem a LOT with an MVP & Sanyo 3000's)....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:50 PM   #3144
Tech Regular

Default Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmm I have quick question.....are the latest fukuyama packs being assembled with the new "shorty" cells?

heres a better explanation http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=32161

I just want to make sure that the new cells Im ordering soon will be top notch!!
KevanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:52 PM   #3145
Tech Adept

Running older monster. I need to turn it and check comm I may be in need of new one. I ordered 3 new motors today, I just figured I would run this one to the limit. Thanks for all your input fellas. xxxgrumpxxx
xxxgrumpxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 08:27 PM   #3146
Tech Initiate

Default Shorty Cells

The latest cells I have seen from Team Fukuyama are the shorty cells.
SpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 08:35 PM   #3147
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by mb racer
O yeah !! congrads jon on being the new team driver for Fukuyama.......
Jon really earned it. Not by being the fastest guy on the track but always one to contribute and help out others. By no means is he slow. In fact he was hauling butt and did always does a good job on and off track! I'm sure we'll see him in more upcoming races.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 08:36 PM   #3148
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
John Fontaine me and Chris had a great time. Couldn't of been too much better unless I would have won and my buddy was 2nd. It was close at the line. I think it was less than a tenth of a second at the finish. Can't complain because I was almost a lap down and came back strong with my Fukuyama packs and Lightspeed motors laying the rip down.
So cool to hear that you guys are having just as much fun as us guys here in Socal.

Dan
Old 01-26-2004, 08:39 PM   #3149
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxgrumpxxx
You'll need 410 plus to be save. But for stock, that should be plenty depending on how you gear the car. Just remembered that any hits or bumps will deduct some runtime off your packs per that race. Chris Tosolini was just talking about today where every bump is an automatic runtime deduct which the PRO guys record mentally so they know where they're at on runtime. Good luck.

Dan
P.S. idealy at 410 runtime for stock is = about 550 seconds.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:41 PM   #3150
Tech Master

Default Re: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by KevanB
Hmm I have quick question.....are the latest fukuyama packs being assembled with the new "shorty" cells?

heres a better explanation http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=32161

I just want to make sure that the new cells Im ordering soon will be top notch!!
Yes! all Fukuyama Packs are updated spec. This is because we tend to be lucky enough with the support of our customers to move cells fast. We go through lots of cells so we were one of the first to get the "shorties" but now we're running 2nd gen "shorties" already. The numbers are gone up and the runtime is very good as well.

Dan