R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2004, 12:38 AM   #2866
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CORONA , CALIF.
Posts: 4,054
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: sunday

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
I'll be happy to be the back marker. Now that you're running our batts, it all comes down to skill but for me, thats one thing I lack.

Dan
HEY DAN ,!! you give up to easy .. dont let HOWIE scare ya.....you have higher cells then he does..hehe
__________________
Mark Barden .
mb racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:51 AM   #2867
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 10
Default Fukuyama batteries in UK

I am sure this question has been asked before, but how can I get hold of some packs of Fukuyama batteries in the UK?
Hudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:13 AM   #2868
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default Re: Fukuyama batteries in UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Hudd
I am sure this question has been asked before, but how can I get hold of some packs of Fukuyama batteries in the UK?
You have PM

For anyone else in the UK, PM me or email [email protected]
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:01 AM   #2869
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 44
Default Proper battery maintenance

Hi Fukuyama staffs, I just got two packs of 1.16x battery and I need advise on how to keep them properly. Here's how my charge, discharge and storing procedures

Charge: 5A with 50mv delta peak on my LRP Pulsar charger or my CE pitbull

Discharge: After the race day, I use my pulsar 10A discharge the pack as a whole to 5.4 v and store it for a week.

Race day: put the pack on Indi Octane 2 about 20 mins before I charge it (I put the pack on tray only once even if i am planning to use the pack for twice a day)

ps: I usually run a pack twice a day and I race twice a week.

Would somebody or Fukuyama staffs correct me if I am wrong. I would like to keep as much punch as possible, runtime is not that big deal to me thou. Thank you!
discus18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:41 AM   #2870
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
Dan..


Chris's t-shirt could use a couple of Fukuyama logos...
your right dude! actually, Nexus is working on that and looks good.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:42 AM   #2871
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KevanB
Will this discharger auto cut off diagram, and this equalizer diagram be ok for the fuk packs?

http://www.balakracing.com/autocutoff.htm

http://www.schumacher.clara.net/equaliser.htm
The discharge amp is too low. I would suggest you just get a decent production made tray instead of building your own.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:43 AM   #2872
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Grizzbob
I can't answer for everyone, but I believe that mine are the older cells(they don't look like the new short cells), & the others from the Oklahoma gang that use them appear to have the same thing.....
Some were long cans and some were short cans.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #2873
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrad
Dan, I got that battery case yesterday. It is awesome thanks. My boss put an order in today for the shop. He said you were out of the 1.17's?!?
Glad you got the case. Your right and we're out of the 1.17s but been processing some cells and looks like they're coming back already. We'll see in a couple of days.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:46 AM   #2874
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default Re: Re: Re: sunday

Quote:
Originally posted by mb racer
HEY DAN ,!! you give up to easy .. dont let HOWIE scare ya.....you have higher cells then he does..hehe
no, I'm not giving up just that I haven't been practicing and forgot how my car feels. Hopefully I'll make the A. LOL!

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:55 AM   #2875
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default Re: Proper battery maintenance

Quote:
Originally posted by discus18
Hi Fukuyama staffs, I just got two packs of 1.16x battery and I need advise on how to keep them properly. Here's how my charge, discharge and storing procedures

Charge: 5A with 50mv delta peak on my LRP Pulsar charger or my CE pitbull

Discharge: After the race day, I use my pulsar 10A discharge the pack as a whole to 5.4 v and store it for a week.

Race day: put the pack on Indi Octane 2 about 20 mins before I charge it (I put the pack on tray only once even if i am planning to use the pack for twice a day)

ps: I usually run a pack twice a day and I race twice a week.

Would somebody or Fukuyama staffs correct me if I am wrong. I would like to keep as much punch as possible, runtime is not that big deal to me thou. Thank you!
Your charging is fine with a 5a but if you can set it to a 6A, it'll be even better. Do note that you want to temp the pack during it's final charging and make sure it's around 140f ~ 145f when it shuts off. This is the ideal temp to run the pack.

As for discharging with your Pulsar at 10A, that's too low and will train the pack to discharge slower. While this will not hurt the pack, it is not suggested. You might want to consider discharging it with the Octane 2 for 5 minutes. This should work. Although I would always suggest you to discharge it with a more accurate system such as a GFX but sometimes that's not available.

Good luck.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:12 PM   #2876
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,667
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Chris's t-shirt could use a couple of Fukuyama logos...

your right dude! actually, Nexus is working on that and looks good.
i'll have a pic next week.
__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:34 PM   #2877
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CORONA , CALIF.
Posts: 4,054
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: sunday

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
no, I'm not giving up just that I haven't been practicing and forgot how my car feels. Hopefully I'll make the A. LOL!

Dan
WELL with that said Ill see you in the main>>> the A main baby......!!!!! It will be fun running with you again....
__________________
Mark Barden .
mb racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:34 PM   #2878
Tech Addict
 
Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 703
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Glad you got the case. Your right and we're out of the 1.17s but been processing some cells and looks like they're coming back already. We'll see in a couple of days.

Dan
can't wait
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:46 PM   #2879
Tech Regular
 
Jimmy Fukuyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: PCanywhere I think?!
Posts: 345
Default Back at the office

Hey guys! Happy new years still right? I'm temporarily back at the office. Got some high numbers packs I brought back that I didn't use while I was ASIA. Those interested, please check out our website. I don't think it'll last. Thanks.

Happy Racing


Jimmy
p.s. very small stash only. First come first serve. tks
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:51 PM   #2880
Tech Elite
 
John Fontaine's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SouthEast PA
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine
Default

Jimmy, how you doing bud?
__________________
Xray and Serpent....very dusty!
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fukuyama batteries/ trinity batteries 20-50 dollars a piece. jackfast R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 02-22-2005 06:37 PM
3 fukuyama batteries HEWITT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 07-19-2004 11:32 PM
fukuyama batteries TRF_StEvE Australian Racing 6 03-25-2004 05:04 AM
Fukuyama Batteries horniez Singapore R/C Racers 8 11-14-2003 01:19 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:53 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net