R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 12-20-2003, 12:24 PM   #2521
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
yes sorry i meant power cube
Hi, It wouldn't hurt to, but since they are "Power Cube", then most likely you're using it for practice. Squeezing that extra volt wouldn't really make that much of a difference. I would just put them together, fully charge the packs and discharge them once. Then place it on the tray and take note which one brings the lights out first. Mark that cell and do the same to the other two packs and basically, what you're doing is finding the closest runtime cells together which in terms will perform flawlessly for you.

Good luck

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 12:27 PM   #2522
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Models
sorry about the above 'FUKUYAMAS'
LOL.. no worries! we've been called worst. But that was funny. I kinda dig that "YAM" thing. LOL..

For 6 cell packs on a GFX, here's what I do:

Charge: 6 amp
Disc: 30 amp
peak detect: .05
cutoff: 5.40v

*NOTE* for 4 cells, then just go .03 on your peak detect and cutoff at 3.60v

Dan
Old 12-20-2003, 12:37 PM   #2523
Tech Regular

HI Thanks for your help....

Btw do you get similar readings that are printed out on the labels such as dcg time and the dcg average volt.

Bye
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 02:55 PM   #2524
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys

well last night was my first night with Fuku cells, I was also running in rebuildable stock for the first time which was real test lol. I have to say I am amazed at how well the fuku cells performed, I drove my Evo 3, a little undergeared with a Core Orion Stock and was able to match my speed with some of the fasted cars out there that are running Monsters, etc. which I think was pretty impressive considering it was a second hand core stock in the first place.

Best thing was there was complete power the whole way round the race, no drop of in power at all. Needless to say I need to get used to driving the Evo at higher speeds before I can take advantage of the Fuku cells but thanks very much Fukuyama!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 10:59 PM   #2525
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

When are you going to get in some more power cubes?

How do you pronounce your name? Is it FU KU YAM AS
Peter Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 02:06 AM   #2526
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Quote:
Originally posted by spongebob
When are you going to get in some more power cubes?

How do you pronounce your name? Is it FU KU YAM AS
Here, directly from Dan's Signature...

"Pronounced: Fool Cool Yeah Ma"
lol
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 03:35 AM   #2527
Tech Fanatic

hey guys,

expanding on the definition of 'Fukuyama', i'm always looking for a new and interesting way to paint body shells.

I think i'm the only person in my club with a bright PINK car sporting "Pink Panther" racing all over it lol. But I've decided that I'm going to make my next body shell the "Happiness Mountain" shell. I plan to do a range of mountains along the side with some detailed snow capted mountains on the bonnet etc... in honour of these fantastic cells. Once I have the design finalised, I'll post it along with the finished shell!
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 09:24 AM   #2528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

you should post a pic or two...sounds hard to do
Old 12-21-2003, 09:46 AM   #2529
Tech Master

Ahhh, I didn't see that.
Peter Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 11:53 AM   #2530
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by hawker
Hey guys

well last night was my first night with Fuku cells, I was also running in rebuildable stock for the first time which was real test lol. I have to say I am amazed at how well the fuku cells performed, I drove my Evo 3, a little undergeared with a Core Orion Stock and was able to match my speed with some of the fasted cars out there that are running Monsters, etc. which I think was pretty impressive considering it was a second hand core stock in the first place.

Best thing was there was complete power the whole way round the race, no drop of in power at all. Needless to say I need to get used to driving the Evo at higher speeds before I can take advantage of the Fuku cells but thanks very much Fukuyama!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the famous voice impersonation of MO DENTON, "Yeah! that's what I'm talkin' about. haha!".

Dan
Old 12-21-2003, 11:54 AM   #2531
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by spongebob
Ahhh, I didn't see that.
haha! that's ok spongebob, we've been called worst.

Dan
Old 12-21-2003, 12:03 PM   #2532
Tech Master

Default That thing came out of nowhere and just smack me and knocked me out

I'm sitting here in front of the puter with muscle aching all over and a real bad case of sore throat typing as best as I can. I guess that flu thing finally came down and hit me hard today.
I'm debating whether or not to be at the office tomorrow since it's the week of Christmas and we still need to process some more cells to fill some of the orders. Just thought I'd check in and wish everybody the "Merriest Christmas and a Wonderful, Happy New Year!". "May you have the healthiest of 2004, May you be Prosperous and May you constantly be placed in the A-Main and win some races in 2004". HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! THANKS AGAIN FOR SUPPORTING FUKUYAMA RACING!.

GOD BLESS,

Dan
Old 12-21-2003, 12:52 PM   #2533
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just curious, how many cycles does it take before you start to see a bump in run time on new unproccessed cells. Does your zapping process increase run time or just improve voltage and IR?

I bought some of your power cubes a while back and they seem good. I bought some unmatched unprocessed cells from another company.......the case was factory sealed, but after 3 cycles on my turbomatcher 4/35, I still haven't gotten a cell over 370 runtime....using 6 amps Charge, 30 amp discharge, .90 cutoff and 5000 run out. I have yet to get a cell over 1.126 either voltage wise. The power cube cells I got from you, all are easy 380+ runtime and 1.15 voltage or better, but I think I read they HAD been zapped.

Later EddieO
Old 12-21-2003, 01:09 PM   #2534
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Re: That thing came out of nowhere and just smack me and knocked me out

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
I'm sitting here in front of the puter with muscle aching all over and a real bad case of sore throat typing as best as I can. I guess that flu thing finally came down and hit me hard today.
I'm debating whether or not to be at the office tomorrow since it's the week of Christmas and we still need to process some more cells to fill some of the orders. Just thought I'd check in and wish everybody the "Merriest Christmas and a Wonderful, Happy New Year!". "May you have the healthiest of 2004, May you be Prosperous and May you constantly be placed in the A-Main and win some races in 2004". HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! THANKS AGAIN FOR SUPPORTING FUKUYAMA RACING!.

GOD BLESS,

Dan
Dang Dan, I went through that crap a couple weeks ago, hope you get better soon! I know Stephen can run the show if you need to stay home
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 03:03 PM   #2535
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: That thing came out of nowhere and just smack me and knocked me out

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth

GOD BLESS,

Dan
Well your another one that got the flu like i did .. so try to stay warm and keep you mind busy,, also try Lemon tea very warm .. it worked for me and antihistamine around for the itchy throat ....You Too HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR ... ..