R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 12-16-2003, 07:29 PM   #2461
Tech Fanatic

hey guys,

got my new cells on monday, finished building em yesterday and tested one today. DAMN!!!! they are good, the car I tested it on I run on carpet with rubber tires. I've got a patch of carpet i test speed on at home, i have never EVER been able to spin the tires.

I dropped the Fuku cells in and whellspun the whole length of the carpet, abouit 20m!!!!!!!!!!

thanx FUku, and thanx for the 1.69pack

i'll let you know how i do on the track this weekend
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:44 PM   #2462
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff

I'm considering that car because that's what most use at SoCal and getting tuning tips would be real EZ...

Of course since most are running them..the competition is tight...I can be convinced to try something else that could eventually give me an edge....

I'm sorry to get this thread off topic should I start a new thread for this????
nutfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 08:01 PM   #2463
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Quote:
Originally posted by hawker
hey guys,

got my new cells on monday, finished building em yesterday and tested one today. DAMN!!!! they are good, the car I tested it on I run on carpet with rubber tires. I've got a patch of carpet i test speed on at home, i have never EVER been able to spin the tires.

I dropped the Fuku cells in and whellspun the whole length of the carpet, abouit 20m!!!!!!!!!!

thanx FUku, and thanx for the 1.69pack

i'll let you know how i do on the track this weekend
Dude, that's awesome! Keep us posted on how you do! I know you will like them a lot. Thanks for the supporting Fukuyama!

John
Old 12-16-2003, 09:57 PM   #2464
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default New Ride

Here's a quick pic of the new body I had Charlie Barnes do for me sportin' the Fuku Stickers!. Still need to do some nice pictures in daylight this weekend.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:00 PM   #2465
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Re: New Ride

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Here's a quick pic of the new body I had Charlie Barnes do for me sportin' the Fuku Stickers!. Still need to do some nice pictures in daylight this weekend.
The scheme is definately cool on it...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:15 PM   #2466
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Is the drivers corner going to be for the team drivers, or all drivers using Fukuyama batts?

the driver's corner will spotlight both team fukuyama racers and customers. when it is first released it will mainly be made up of the sponsored guys. after that i will start putting together pages of fukuyama customers

good luck at the races!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:39 PM   #2467
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
I'd like to get a TC3 and would love some input on the things I would need to have it tricked out for SoCal raceway...

excellent choice.

i run a tc3 so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

as for hop-ups....the FT TC3 is awesome out of the box. if you're running foams you might not need the one-way....carpet/rubber tires i would suggest the one-way. a switch to 64P gears is nice since it's smoother overall and offers better increments in gear ratios.

if you browse the TC3 thread i'm sure you'll find every mod possible :P
Old 12-17-2003, 01:35 AM   #2468
Tech Regular

Default Re: New Ride

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Charlie is the man. Nice body my man......
empire racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:18 AM   #2469
Tech Elite

Nice body! Another painter Frank has sported a bunch of bodies for me. It's the one in my avitar provided by Daniel Fukuyama.

Last edited by John Fontaine; 12-17-2003 at 07:37 AM.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 09:38 AM   #2470
Tech Master

jkerr0043 , nice body! now we can spot it a mile away! those stickers are placed just right! Now, I won't have the nicest body in the pit area anymore. LOL

Nexus, Thanks again man! that page is looking better and better! I'm still waiting for all the drivers to give me the details needed such as pictures and bio. Your work rocks!

JohnF, Frank was supposed to have a few more bodies ready for me but hasn't contacted me. ChrisT took the last of those Fuku body so I'm actually out. Let's hope Frank comes through.

Hawker, you know it man! those will definately win you races! glad they came in from the customs. Your track will never be the same again. If people asks, just tell em' what "Fukuyama" means. You do know what it means right? LOL.. HAPPINESS MOUNTAIN in Japanese.

Nutfluff, TC3 is a good choice the the parts are readily available mostly anywhere. Let me know if you need setups or if got the car already, just by going to socal and asking those fast guys, they'll be able to tell you. Most of the fast guys started out with a TC3. Good choice in my book. But of course, those same guys ended up going different directions, some with barracuda, SD, and etc. Thats why although I drive the cuda, I still have my TC3 just because. LOL!

Guys, we just processed some more cells and looks like things are picking up with some 1.17 showings. I'm pretty sure they'll sell out in no time. But I've also notice that the latest 1.16s when cycled a few times more actually increased it's voltage all on its own so it may be that these newer gen cells needs more cycling done to them. Unfortunately, we do not have the opportunities to cycle each and every cell for 9 times therefore they're marked at whatever the matchers read out is during the final matching. I'm suspecting these to be the case and people are actually getting awesome result and said the car felt just as good if not better. We're conducting some more testings on the track to see how high the voltages will increase after a few race days. Just thought I'd let you guys know.
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:52 PM   #2471
Tech Apprentice

In April 2004 I'm planning to go to the LRP Masters race. Any of you guys comming over to Europe?

I saw Chris has been there a fews years ago.
PeterCr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:50 PM   #2472
Tech Apprentice

what are you supposed to do to the batts after the third weekend of racing I herd something about training? if you can help me out thanks
nick b. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:08 PM   #2473
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Hawker, you know it man! those will definately win you races! glad they came in from the customs. Your track will never be the same again. If people asks, just tell em' what "Fukuyama" means. You do know what it means right? LOL.. HAPPINESS MOUNTAIN in Japanese.

Nutfluff, TC3 is a good choice the the parts are readily available mostly anywhere. Let me know if you need setups or if got the car already, just by going to socal and asking those fast guys, they'll be able to tell you. Most of the fast guys started out with a TC3. Good choice in my book. But of course, those same guys ended up going different directions, some with barracuda, SD, and etc. Thats why although I drive the cuda, I still have my TC3 just because. LOL!
My mom said that either Fuku was mountain, or yama was mountain, I forget(pretty sure it is yama, but I am only half Japanese LOL).

Yeah, you can learn A LOT from the fast TC3 guys at SoCal, Nick B. is SOOOOOO fast, he should be able to help you out. Nick should be running Pro Stock from the looks of his signature... ( sorry Nick, I had to do it!!!)

So Nick, what is the secret for going fast?
I NEED to go faster!!!
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 05:27 AM   #2474
Tech Adept

Who is the producer/main agent of the Fukuyama Batteries?
McLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:21 AM   #2475
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by McLaren
Who is the producer/main agent of the Fukuyama Batteries?
Fukuyama stocks GP3300 cells and then performs the CET process to match cells. They're the best in the industry right now.

Dan - No probs with the bodies. Im covered cause I keep my bodies in awesome shape with reinforced tape and shoe-goo on the inside. I can get a year of racing out of a body I also clean the outside with alcohol to get of all of the black compound or residue from touching the boards (Oh not, skip that step...I don't do that! ) I'll give you a call brother!