R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 12-11-2003, 05:26 PM   #2371
Tech Fanatic

lol i called up the post office and the first lady said it should be here this after noon, i called again, spoke to another lady who said it could take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks, at that point i almost had a heart attack. To make it worse, I then called up customs themselves and the guy at the information centre said "Whats EMS?" "I dont have a catalouge system, just a big warehouse" I then proceeded to swear at him and hung up.

Not look good lol

though I must complimant you guys at Fuku, you got the cells to australia VERY fast...damn australia post lol
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 08:15 PM   #2372
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: Web Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Thanks guys, I'll be contacting you guys. its been both busy and sick for me these last few days. I'm coming down with a cold or some such. Gonna still try to make it to the T4T this Sunday. Mo sent me a pre production motor to try out. hehehe

Dan
You and I both Dan. I just got home from the Dr. actually. But I'll be there sick or not.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 08:21 PM   #2373

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Just wanted to say Fukuyama cells performed really well at our two day race this past weekend. I had tons of power, and plenty of runtime to boot. Over 2 minutes left with a 10x2 Reedy Ti, which is excellent because it feels as if power doesn't fall off at all during the race.

I cycled one of my original Fukuyama packs last night, which I have used for about 4 weekends worth of racing. Numbers were very close to the labels still. Voltage was 1.15, which is exactly what is was when I received it. The label reads 1.169, but that is still pretty close. Run time was about 10 seconds off the label, but still over 3300mah. I suspect the numbers look a little different for me because Fukuyama uses the latest Turbo Matchers and I was just using a T35, so it's very possible their numbers on the label are more accurate, and since they haven't fallen off at all since the first cycle right after I received them, and they feel great on the track, I'd say they're performing very well.
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 08:47 PM   #2374
Tech Addict

from promatch's web site they said voltage and run time drops after soldering, the drop is more significant if there is excess solder between the bars and the terminals
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 09:01 PM   #2375
Tech Apprentice

Is the turbo 30 or turbo 35 better for charging the 3300's and other batteries? Or is there much of a difference?
dimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 09:46 PM   #2376
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to dpaton

Quote:
Originally posted by Fire
from promatch's web site they said voltage and run time drops after soldering, the drop is more significant if there is excess solder between the bars and the terminals
Only if the guy soldering is incompetent. The resistance of a 1/16" layer of solder the size of the positive terminal of a battery is about the same as that of a battery bar, around a thousandth of an ohm. That's about three decimal places less than your average digital multimeter is accurate to.

As long as you make good, fast joints, a little extra solder here and there will make no perceptable difference. Period.

-dave
dpaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:46 PM   #2377
Tech Addict

i found that the toughest joint to do is the banana tube to the pack's terminals, any tips on how to get it done right in a quick fashion?

would it be better if i bent 2 bars and solder the tubes on in the hard wire style?
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:54 PM   #2378
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3

thats what i do, tried out hard soldering for a while, went straight back to the tubes connectors.
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 11:08 PM   #2379
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

hehe, sorry Dan and Jon, but it's lookin like I'm gonna be runnin nitro this weekend We wont let the car sit in the pits for warm up tho, I'll be more courteus than that
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 11:12 PM   #2380
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That's cool. I'm more serious about bagging that thing for the drive up and home. I don't want that crap on the interior!
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 11:13 PM   #2381
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
That's cool. I'm more serious about bagging that thing for the drive up and home. I don't want that crap on the interior!
Dont worry, it's getting brought to the track by someone else, it isn't my car, just a donation ride to test the Palmaris engine
Old 12-11-2003, 11:16 PM   #2382
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to dpaton

Quote:
Originally posted by Fire
i found that the toughest joint to do is the banana tube to the pack's terminals, any tips on how to get it done right in a quick fashion?
You ned a really hot soldering iron with a very large tip. Something like the 100W Weller pencil or the 200/260W Weller gun would do nicely.

Quote:
would it be better if i bent 2 bars and solder the tubes on in the hard wire style?
Unless you have a heavy duty iron, I think it would be.

-dave
dpaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 06:56 AM   #2383
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Dan - sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm still getting over my cold as well. Good luck this weekend bro! Good luck to the rest of Fukuyama Cell owners as well! Bring home the trophys

John
Old 12-12-2003, 11:38 AM   #2384
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Dan - sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm still getting over my cold as well. Good luck this weekend bro! Good luck to the rest of Fukuyama Cell owners as well! Bring home the trophys

John
I just got over the cold as well, then on Monday, I completely lost my voice at work

Got my flu shot, so I think I'm ready to roll now.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:11 PM   #2385
Tech Adept

Default Flu shots

Flu shots are for whimps. Why, when I was a kid we used to walk five miles to school in two feet of snow and it was up hill both ways. Toughen up man, your an RC driver.

Just Kidding,
John
jcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote