R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-30-2003, 07:58 PM   #2101
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Glad to hear of the great results at Cleveland for all our team drivers, that's awesome! It makes me happy to hear the news

Jimmy, glad to hear from you, glad to hear you're coming back to us...

Check out these matching Fukuyama bodies. They rock One's for my Xray and the other is my mod 1/12th scale that I am racing for Trinity's ORL series this winter. I'm still in the process of building my Yokomo SD

Happy racing everyone!

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fukucars1.jpg (127.7 KB, 158 views)
Old 11-30-2003, 08:00 PM   #2102
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Second pic. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fukucars2.jpg (116.3 KB, 155 views)
Old 11-30-2003, 08:06 PM   #2103
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Great pics John, where's the SD tho?

Dan - Can you please send me some stickers, I ran out of what I had, used them on my cars, and handed out the rest...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 08:26 PM   #2104
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Second pic. Enjoy!
John they look good.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 08:51 PM   #2105
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Results

Pretty good results for Fuku here in San Diego today. I took third in 19 turn today to a couple of our fastest local guys. Pretty respectible. Mark Franco, also running Fukuyama packs finished 4th right behind me. We actually had a very good battle for the last couple of laps. Once I got the car geared right for the tight, small layout, my car was flyin' on the track. Handling wasn't the best but still a good end result. How'd everyone else do?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 08:59 PM   #2106
Tech Master

Default Re: Results

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Pretty good results for Fuku here in San Diego today. I took third in 19 turn today to a couple of our fastest local guys. Pretty respectible. Mark Franco, also running Fukuyama packs finished 4th right behind me. We actually had a very good battle for the last couple of laps. Once I got the car geared right for the tight, small layout, my car was flyin' on the track. Handling wasn't the best but still a good end result. How'd everyone else do?
Nice! can't wait to see you again for T4T and tell Mark I'll buy this time.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 09:15 PM   #2107
Tech Master

Post Awesome Results but disapointed at a So-call matcher!

The Cleveland race went very well and Mo Denton, Chris Tosolini and of course Rob Love did an excellent job all placing within the A mains with Mo standing on the podium with third place after three consecutive TQs but because of traction rolled that sent him to the marshalls.

What's funny was after Mo's third TQ, lots of guys came to his room to give him congrats include companies that want to offer him a bunch of deals and rides. Needless to say, he did well and really deserves the best! On a note though, one of the so-called new matchers with those funky looking bars decided to tell Mo how bad Fukuyama batteries were and that he should switch over to use theirs. When Mo heard this, he was of course upset since he knew how important these batteries were to his TQ during this event so he asked the guy how many guys they have running for them in the 12th Stock and the answer was 5 but none of them made the A main.(Mo was the one and only Fukuyama Driver for the 12th Stock!) Funny how one company is trying so desperately by bashing another company just so the driver can switch and make them look good. The bad part was the bashing and trashing of our company and that really ticked off Mo and myself when I heard it. I've always reminded our drivers never to bash another company and always stand neutral with debates between one company and the other but unfortunately, this company thinks its the best strategy they can come up with. LOL Kinda sucked because they probably didn't think Mo would tell me. It is our honesty and the ways we treat our drivers/families that makes the ultimate difference. Those drivers who are with us are considered family and have total loyalties! So to make the long story short, I am quite irratated that such company with nothing but textbook BS can come up to my driver and totally bash and trash us in hopes to have my driver switch over to them. Mo also had his TQ motor stolen that night so he had to rush and tune another motor which was a dawg and just didn't felt right. All in all though, they all still did an excellent job and I am very proud of all of them.

So from now on, I willl tell all Fukuyama supporters/owners and drivers to freely defend our products and don't let those worthless textbook BS cowards bash us. Of course, please let them throw the first punch and we'll counter and "out-punch" them anyday, anytime!

Happy Racing dudes!

Dan

P.S. sorry, I was just venting and sharing my frastration. I hope you guys don't mind.

Last edited by Maj. Teeth; 11-30-2003 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:10 PM   #2108
Tech Addict

that 1/12 looks like a hungry creature ready to eat anything in its way
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 10:37 PM   #2109
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy

I didnt get to race. I was whipped into doing the xmas thing. Damn setting up the tree took forever! Oh well got to get the brownie points somehow! Good to hear the Fuku crew tearing it up!
JR V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 11:26 PM   #2110
Tech Addict

Well said Dan. I don't think that a company who atacks other companys is going to stay around very long anyway. i think there scared
teamAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 11:32 PM   #2111
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by teamAE
Well said Dan. I don't think that a company who atacks other companys is going to stay around very long anyway. i think there scared
yeah, it's really sad when a company does that. I'm sure there are other ways but to put one down to make iteself look good? wow! that's hitting below the belt man. lol

Dan
Old 11-30-2003, 11:47 PM   #2112
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Awesome Results but disapointed at a So-call matcher!

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
So from now on, I willl tell all Fukuyama supporters/owners and drivers to freely defend our products and don't let those worthless textbook BS cowards bash us. Of course, please let them throw the first punch and we'll counter and "out-punch" them anyday, anytime!

Happy Racing dudes!

Dan

P.S. sorry, I was just venting and sharing my frastration. I hope you guys don't mind.
Dan very well said and you should vent that frustration. One thing that made me try your product, was the fact that there was well over 2000 posts displaying your company and the quality products you sell. More than any other matcher on this forum. Its pretty ballsy to put your credibility on the line on the internet for all to post freely, and for the fact that you care, respond, Honest, and satisfy all your customers that you earn a special place in me. I will only support a company that is willing to help, and support me with the product even after I purchased it. Hell I dont want this to turn into an ass kissing post , just want it to be known that I and Im sure alot of others are grateful of what you do and the support you show us as we show you.

Let the bashers come here and read all the posts of the happy Fukuyama family here, and they wont have a leg to stand on.
JR V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 12:06 AM   #2113
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Fukuyama Battery at the track

Hello everyone this is Nate. Good racing to everyone. On Dec 7, I will be at the KING DADDY RACE. I will have batteries there to sell. Come by and look for the Fukuyama Battery Banner.

Nate

save you some money on shipping and I will talk to Dan maybe he have some blow out packs for me to show ya all

CLICK ON THE RACE SCHEDULE FOR DETAIL INFO.

www.racingrccars.com

Last edited by empire racing; 12-01-2003 at 08:17 AM.
empire racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 12:45 AM   #2114
Tech Adept

dan,

out of interest who was that company ?
Hixsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 08:46 AM   #2115
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Well John shared his Fuku ride, so here's mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn1448.jpg (76.3 KB, 111 views)
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote