R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-29-2003, 05:39 AM   #2086
Tech Rookie

Post To Dan

Thanks for replying Dan, Yes, I am trying to cylce the packs, I have fukuyama batteries and I have sanyo 3000, I honestly dont know what the "cylce" feature on my CDC charger is for. I am just wondering whether it is good to cycle the battery or just leave it, and can the "cycle" feature increase the peak voltage?

Thanks Dan , I really appreciate your help
TAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 08:21 AM   #2087
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My freinds name racing in Cleveland are Brandon Melton and Chris Pace I believe they are running the Xtreme chassis.I found a link to the results so far, I found their names but couldn't really make it out very good. If you find them post here how they are doing for me .will ya ..lol I think Brandon is running 19t and Chris is running mod as far as I could could tell They are two good kids, I say that because I am one the oldest drivers at our track.Keeping up with some of the younger guys these days is getting rough.Its such a cool hobby to be involved in. I just keep trying.haha..Its amazing after all these years the Tc3 is still lightning fast..ur batts. look cool sitting in my tc3.Hopefully our hobbyshop will stock ur batts.Yes u did hand pick my batts. over the phone ty.
tc3jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 08:59 AM   #2088
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

tc3jp

your friend >

http://www.nashrcracer.com/cleveland...ting/s0612.jpg

he's in heat 8 so far...pretty good w/ 23 laps in.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:06 AM   #2089
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thanks NEX..
tc3jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 09:10 AM   #2090
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by tc3jp
My freinds name racing in Cleveland are Brandon Melton and Chris Pace I believe they are running the Xtreme chassis.I found a link to the results so far, I found their names but couldn't really make it out very good. If you find them post here how they are doing for me .will ya ..lol
Chris Pace
round 1 7th in heat with a 22/311
Blackstock tq'd with a 28/5:06
round 2 8th in heat broke on lap 9
Blackstock tq'd with a 28/5:06 still from rnd 1

Brandon Melton
round 1 2nd in heat 22/288
Ray Daroch tq'd with a 25/5:10
round 2 2nd in heat 23/306
Dan miled tq'd with a 25/5:05

Brandon is 7th overall
Old 11-29-2003, 09:34 AM   #2091
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just a last minute reminder, only a few days left to take advantage of our special this month on Fukuyama racing Batteries!

Check out our website for details

Good luck at Cleveland Fukuyama!

Steve Wang
Old 11-29-2003, 11:49 AM   #2092
Tech Master

Default Re: To Dan

Quote:
Originally posted by TAC3
Thanks for replying Dan, Yes, I am trying to cylce the packs, I have fukuyama batteries and I have sanyo 3000, I honestly dont know what the "cylce" feature on my CDC charger is for. I am just wondering whether it is good to cycle the battery or just leave it, and can the "cycle" feature increase the peak voltage?

Thanks Dan , I really appreciate your help
I don't think just by cycling the packs will the voltage go up. It is not meant to be done that way. Although it could very well exercise the cells but adding more cycles=wasting the lifespan of the cells. Just hope this answers your questions.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 11:55 AM   #2093
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by tc3jp
My freinds name racing in Cleveland are Brandon Melton and Chris Pace I believe they are running the Xtreme chassis.I found a link to the results so far, I found their names but couldn't really make it out very good. If you find them post here how they are doing for me .will ya ..lol I think Brandon is running 19t and Chris is running mod as far as I could could tell They are two good kids, I say that because I am one the oldest drivers at our track.Keeping up with some of the younger guys these days is getting rough.Its such a cool hobby to be involved in. I just keep trying.haha..Its amazing after all these years the Tc3 is still lightning fast..ur batts. look cool sitting in my tc3.Hopefully our hobbyshop will stock ur batts.Yes u did hand pick my batts. over the phone ty.
Yes, I remembered them as well and looks like they're doing a wonderful job! I just got a call from Mo Denton and our Fukuyama Drivers are the ones to watch at this years Cleveland and a lot of other drivers are coming down from their rooms to watch and shake their heads at the unbelievable level of mad rips these Fuku Drivers had in their cars. It sure makes me feel good! and Mo also said that others PRO drivers are wanting to try out our batts if they haven't yet!

Dan
Old 11-29-2003, 12:00 PM   #2094
Tech Master

Default Breaking News again!

Mo Denton just called me again to update me that he LAID IT DOWN on his third round again beating his own TQ's and is still #1 on the list of qualifying! Said not once did the batts dump and just hauled major butts! Got alot of people scratching their heads wondering what he's running.

Rob Love is 6th so far but had worked on his car a little more so he's definately a contender going for the podium it looks like.

Chris hasn't run his, but looking good again! So we'll keep everyone updated.

Bill Jeric is running our secret brush with our treatments on them and is 9th both in Master Stock and Master 12th.

Looks like my boyz will go all the way. Let's keep our fingers crossed and our batteries charged guys! LOL

Dan

P.S. all other drivers running Fuku batts are all on the roll and coming in fast and stronger after each run! Good luck to those I've missed to mentioned! Awesome run guys!
Old 11-29-2003, 07:46 PM   #2095
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Mo Denton

Hi to the guy's at Fukuyama
I just used your batteries today at a race and they were great as I had very good run time and no loss of power at the end. Can't wait to use them next week as we have a big race next weekend. I talked to Mo this morning congradulating him on a great TQ run and I really hope he can keep it together for the last run. I'm so glad to see that you guy's shipped him some of your great batteries, He'll do you guy's proud. Mo your the bomb ( your friend ) Jedd. GOOD LUCK DAWG!!! KICK SOME BUTT.
Dan thanks for the fast service you guy's are great to work with and so freindly and GREAT BATTERIES!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jedd

GO MO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 07:51 PM   #2096
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Good luck to everyone running the heck out of their Fuku's at Cleveland

Dan, you ready for T4T coming up??
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 10:27 PM   #2097
Tech Master

Default Mo, our TQ man of the day!

Just got off the phone with Mo Denton. He had another TQ run and finished 1st again so looks like he'll be taking it home tomorrow! Rob Love finished in 8th and looks like he'll move up some come the A main tomorrow as well as Chris Tosolini who is in the A both in Mod TC and 12th MOD. Man! I'm so happy to see all our Fuku drivers will have a good rest after two days of battle since they're all in the A's, they won't run until the afternoon tomorrow. Also like to share that Mo was asked by almost everybody what batts he was running since he's got mega rip and never dumped in the whole race. Our ordering system is filling up with orders after orders from guys in the other main checking in online as we speak. LOL..

Meeting with Hara the man next week when he gets back and we'll go drinking and do a little partying as well.

Jedd, Mo's the man! you rock too dude!

Rand, I'm ready when you are. T4T, here we come!

Dan
P.S. aside from the cheers, lets just hope the Fuku guys will pull it off smoothly tomorrow because in racing, its never a sure win until it's over and the trophy is your hands the following day when you wake up......
Old 11-30-2003, 08:57 AM   #2098
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I'll be cruising up to T4T with Jon Kerr, so hopefully we'll have a pretty big Fuku pit

Jon let me run his XXXT Friday night at the off-road track down here, and it is definately fun. I was running it with the Novak BL, and that thing had so much rip, it was great I think I'll have fun with my B4.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 11:03 AM   #2099
Tech Regular

Default Good Job Fukuyama Drivers

Just saw the news and looks like every one of our Fukuyama drivers at the clevelands made the A main! that is truly awesome performance. I'm sure just being anywhere in the top 10 is good enough at this type of events with so many great racers around the world and any podium showing will be even better! Wishing you guys all the luck and have fun! also please have a safe and sound flight back.

For those asking, I'll be back to the Fukuyama HQ by the end of the year.

Jimmy
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 11:23 AM   #2100
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to dpaton
Default Novak charge issues

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
yeah, we're having the the same problem with the 6 cell packs just as you're describing. Then, I would use a GFX or an older T35 and no problem each and everytime.
Interesting. I've been using my Millennium Pro without any issues (6C, 6A, 30mV). I wonder if it has to do with the various firmware versions floating around. Mine is 1.03.039.

Congrats to all the amazing racers kicking butt and taking names with the cells!

-dave
dpaton is offline   Reply With Quote