R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-08-2003, 05:58 PM   #1621
Tech Initiate

Fukuyama Batteries are Fin unbelievable! In my XXX-4 G+ these cells ran the nuts. Im running a 9x2 Orion, and the track is tight, but with huge jumps. I can clear all the triples, quad, tabletops easily. I dont even need alot of running room. the power is amazing and the punch is there throughout a 5 minute run! Im so happy Ive ordered 4 more! I cant wait to have enough to qualify, and run them in the main! Anyone who runs offroad can benifit from these awesome packs also!

jkerr0043 you have to get a XXX-4. its almost handles like a mini 1/8th buggy. Only thing I dont like is shock travel could be a tad longer(bottoms out alot), but otherwise I might abandon the XXXT MF!
Hyper Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:08 PM   #1622
Tech Fanatic

hey, i was about to fly planes, but the touring bug got me again. I don't own a lathe, because i'm 15(no job), and a lathe costs in the 200 dollar range. Many compaines make them, like integy, cobra, and a few others. I never counted how many times a comm can be cut, mostly because something else brakes or happens to my motor, so i throw it away, and get a new one. I think a motor should last a season, and still be running good, as long as you maintain it well with oil, brushes, springs, a little dremel work on the bushings(i do it). For more info about motors, just go the stock motor forum, it says stock motors, but your questions are general enough.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:09 PM   #1623
Tech Initiate

Heres what I have to race on. I showed the tight technical part. the rest is open. its either very slow if you dont clear the jumps the full length or fairly fast paced. Batts worked well for me.

Track 1

Track 2
Hyper Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:16 PM   #1624
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by reznikvova
By cut do you mean the comm needs to be cleaned? I just take fine sand paper to it and clean all the gunk off. Is this not correct?
Right.. that is not correct. You need to cut your comm when it becomes "out of round". This happens pretty quicky. The real competative guys will cut their comms every 3 runs, I go 10 and have no problems.
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:19 PM   #1625
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to reznikvova

Do you know if it is usual for a track to have a Comm cutter setup for people to use/pay to get cut? Im pretty sure not eveyrone has this 200 piece of equip.
reznikvova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:19 PM   #1626
Tech Apprentice

To the starter of this thread,
Im sorry about getting off topic, Ill go search for info in other threads.

Sorry,
Vova
Old 11-08-2003, 06:53 PM   #1627
Tech Regular

Default " I see Fukuyama "

its everywhere.....ahhhhahhhehhahhhahhhha hhahh

check out the racers that have them.

http://www.racingrccars.com/FUKUTECH.htm

nate
empire racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 07:00 PM   #1628
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

reznikvova - No problem here. Everyone has to learn somewhere. There is a lot of information here on this website so with a simple search you can find all the answer and then some on your questions.

But to help clarify some of the points of electric racing motor maintance is very necessary to be competitive. I spend on average 2-3 hours tuning a motor before a race day. This means cutting the com with my Hudy Com lathe, aligning the brush hoods via wear marks on the brushes, polishing the bushings and other tweeking of timing brushes or different sping tensions. But generally you will find Electric racing very competitive and since the equipement is very similiar for each racer than the little things like motor tuning and brush selection will be the difference between 1st and 10th place. If you get to this level of competition you will understand, but it's a blast! Welcome to electric racing, if you have any questions feel free to visit www.fukuyamaracing.com and give the guys a call.

John
Old 11-08-2003, 10:14 PM   #1629
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by reznikvova
Do you know if it is usual for a track to have a Comm cutter setup for people to use/pay to get cut? Im pretty sure not eveyrone has this 200 piece of equip.
If you are at a track, most guys will cut your comm for you... usually for just a few bucks.
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 10:25 PM   #1630
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by holycow
If you are at a track, most guys will cut your comm for you... usually for just a few bucks.

What!!! You mean people actually charge for cutting someone elses comm. Darn, I should have had a nice little stash by now. Ahh well...
Old 11-08-2003, 10:44 PM   #1631
Tech Fanatic

my lhs just got there own lathe, they charge a buck a cut. A guy i race with has his own, he got one years ago, and was charging 8 bucks a cut, till he figured out how cheap a new bit is, now every one charges a buck.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:03 AM   #1632
Tech Addict

1 dollar per cut??

that is a nice shop
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 01:30 AM   #1633
Tech Regular

I cut other racers comm's for free! If there friendly
Johnny J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 06:40 AM   #1634
Tech Addict

Default Comm Cutts

I do it for free, because you never know when you might need a favor in return.

My lathe is an Integy for $89.00. works as good as the rest. I have some fun because my girlfriend is a tool and die maker. If some one asks me to cut their motor I just hand it to her and smile. She does the comm so I have time to do other things. She also made me a really nice tweak station.

Just so you know Rez, its best to cut the arm (comm) when you change brushes. I have run a motor and worn out the brushes without doing anything, but more power is available if you keep your motor in top shape.

Get your motor running and spend your time and money behind the remote. Practice, Practice, Practice.

If you can drive 1/12, you will be able to drive anything.

I missed the Region 1 races yesterday, Had to bury my dog

David Root
David Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 06:47 AM   #1635
Tech Apprentice

Off topic again, lst Question.

Ok, Im buying a motor. Does this look like a good choice for the tc3 w/ Fukayama Batteries.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=34063

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2565 or this?

Also, is it worth investing and getting good batteries From Fukayama, or getting the 1.15's?