R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-06-2003, 10:57 AM   #1561
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Check out AllSpec.com when you do get an iron, I was happy with their prices, and good customer service as well. But that should hold you off until Dan wants to make Fukuyama irons
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 11:10 AM   #1562
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

LOL...thanks for the link.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:11 AM   #1563
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Check out AllSpec.com when you do get an iron, I was happy with their prices, and good customer service as well. But that should hold you off until Dan wants to make Fukuyama irons
haha! that would be fun to see Dan trying to market some golf clubs. Fukuyama Golf. 2 iron through 9 iron, it'll be Dan's best support yet with all those years of golfing and drinking beer under his belt. haha! just kidding and I know you guys are talking about soldering iron.

btw, I do not weight my solder ok at least not anymore haha. Dan was making fun of me for being slow on soldering. haha! I better go back to bed.

Jim
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 11:15 AM   #1564
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by dpaton
I learned to solder from my dad when I was 10, he was mil-spec certified. Since then I've learned to solder to slightly higher standards, since I spent some time doing solder metallurgy work with some very wierd formulations. My solder joints probably look a littl elight on solder by most standards, but are more than sufficient, I promise.

The best way to learn to solder is to practice. There are several places on line that have good pictures of acceptable and unacceptable solder joints. The URLs escape me right now, but I'm sure Google will remember.

-dave
I too learn when I was working at a large SMT lab hand soldering 0204s. Those are microscopic resistors and caps on Cell phones. Then, theres stencil cuts and such. Maybe one day someone can come up with a stencil for battery jigs.

Jim
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 11:52 AM   #1565
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
haha! that would be fun to see Dan trying to market some golf clubs. Fukuyama Golf. 2 iron through 9 iron, it'll be Dan's best support yet with all those years of golfing and drinking beer under his belt. haha! just kidding and I know you guys are talking about soldering iron.

btw, I do not weight my solder ok at least not anymore haha. Dan was making fun of me for being slow on soldering. haha! I better go back to bed.

Jim
Just think, any crazy ideas Dan comes up with, your name get put on them
Old 11-06-2003, 11:58 AM   #1566
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Just think, any crazy ideas Dan comes up with, your name get put on them
Hey! there's absolutely nothing wrong with selling golf clubs. I know of a guy who became an overnight millionaire because he had come out with a special grade of titanium and all the giant golf guys are buying from him and rebadging it. I don't see myself doing anything with this soon but hey, knowing me, anything is possible.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 12:08 PM   #1567
Tech Master

Default Another New Team Member

Just wanted to let everyone know we've added yet another Modified Team Driver to our team. Let's welcome Jay Williams of San Clemente, CA.

I had the pleasure to see him drive last Saturday with packs he borrowed from teamAE. These were 1.165 packs that's been ran
numerous time. At the time, Jay told me he hasn't raced for a couple of years because it was getting too expensive for him and he didn't have the support to do so. With a crappy mod motor and a few packs of very decent Fukuyama 1.165s, he was able to tail Chris Tosolini and stayed within a close distance while they both ran Fukuyama packs, both were way ahead of the rest of the pack and finished the A-main with Chris 1st and him 2nd.

Now, considering he hasn't driven for a couple of years, and didn't have the motor nor the packs to really get him going, he managed to stay along Tos and was really fast. I can only imagine what he is capable of doing when the supports are there and after he's been practicing for some time.

Welcome aboard Jay!

Dan
Old 11-06-2003, 12:13 PM   #1568
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Welcome to Team Fukuyama Jay!

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 12:28 PM   #1569
Tech Regular

Default racers choice of power on the track

Hello everyone this is "natedog" at SoCal "the sleeper" at Team Titus racing "air-nate" at La Mirada.

first time on the thread.

Fukuyama Batteries is truly the racers choice of power on the track indoor or outdoor from what I've seen.

proud to have your banner on our web site.......

nate
www.racingrccars.com
empire racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 01:01 PM   #1570
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Hey! there's absolutely nothing wrong with selling golf clubs. I know of a guy who became an overnight millionaire because he had come out with a special grade of titanium and all the giant golf guys are buying from him and rebadging it. I don't see myself doing anything with this soon but hey, knowing me, anything is possible.

Dan
Well as long as you just stick with golf clubs, just dont go too crazy with Jimmy's name
Old 11-06-2003, 01:23 PM   #1571
Tech Adept

Last week I had report of trying of my new Fukuyama 1.179s pack. Which I wasn't pleased with. Well, Come to find out my esc wasn't set up right. Which I'm very embassassed about now. Now that esc is set -up right my car really rips.. I can say promatch has lost a long time customer to Fukuyama Racing...
akrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 01:29 PM   #1572
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by akrcracer
Last week I had report of trying of my new Fukuyama 1.179s pack. Which I wasn't pleased with. Well, Come to find out my esc wasn't set up right. Which I'm very embassassed about now. Now that esc is set -up right my car really rips.. I can say promatch has lost a long time customer to Fukuyama Racing...
Glad to here you've fully switched to Fukuyama Racing... stay tuned for more new and exciting products to come...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:59 PM   #1573
Tech Master

Default Just a though

Guys,

I'm sitting here thinking.......

What would you guys want as a SPECIAL this month? post what you think will help you and others decide to buy Fukuyama Racing Batteries. Let's try to be reasonable ok? We are here to listen to our customers and also might consider your suggestions. Thanks.

Dan
Old 11-06-2003, 03:12 PM   #1574
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Just a though

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Guys,

I'm sitting here thinking.......

What would you guys want as a SPECIAL this month? post what you think will help you and others decide to buy Fukuyama Racing Batteries. Let's try to be reasonable ok? We are here to listen to our customers and also might consider your suggestions. Thanks.

Dan
Buy one get one free... oh you said reasonable. I liked the free upgrade, do that again and i'll buy two more packs.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 03:22 PM   #1575
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Sky

Free shipping is a very good incentive.
Blue Sky is offline   Reply With Quote