R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #916
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

any news,dont want to let this thread fall down to far
Old 06-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #917
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Hey all,

I wanted to make it known that I am very much involved in making HV grow but due to contractual obligations with another RC company it's taking a bit longer than I hoped and expected. The good news is that if things go as planned with this other company the support for the team will be far greater than i could provide on my own.

All team drivers will be emailed a coupon code valid for 10-20% off goods on a couple websites I've helped build so look for that soon.
And I still have all the access to products as Johnny did so if you need something specific let me know and I'll get it to you for dirt cheap.

High Velocity Batteries are still in the works and will be submitted to ROAR but this most likely will not be happening until Mid-Late August time frame.

Thanks to all those who support High Velocity and make the hobby what it is!

Jon
Neu_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #918
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcman182006

Sounds awesome, now if only I can find a job to pick up some new batteries
#NoChuck2015
rcman182006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #919
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcman182006 View Post
Sounds awesome, now if only I can find a job to pick up some new batteries
If you PM me your address I'll send a 3800mah pack out to you at no charge to get you by until you're able to find work.

Best of luck and thanks for the support!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #920
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neu_Racer View Post
If you PM me your address I'll send a 3800mah pack out to you at no charge to get you by until you're able to find work.

Best of luck and thanks for the support!
PM back at ya Jon, you are the MAN!
#NoChuck2015
Old 06-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #921
Tech Fanatic

So Jon sent me what he called a "Care Package" boy was I surprised to see what all was inside

Thanks again you are the man!
#NoChuck2015
Old 06-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #922
Tech Lord

wow,let us know how the battery is as i dont think any one has used them yet,i want to get some new 2s
Old 06-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #923
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wow, I could use one of those care packages...
Old 06-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #924
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
wow,let us know how the battery is as i dont think any one has used them yet,i want to get some new 2s
Jon sent me one of the 3800 packs, I charged it up just to make sure it had some charge and took it out in front in my SC-R and WhoooHooo, that pack has more punch than any recent pack I've used, can't wait to use it on the track
#NoChuck2015
Old 06-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #925
Tech Elite

Glad it arrived and all is well.

The shrinkwrap and silicone wire is going to be a new HV product soon. Let me know how it works for you.

The 3800mah packs are really good and the value is incredible. The 6000mah 60c packs are really impressive too and will be $20 cheaper than previously announced.

Smoke - I was told that team drivers had been using the packs. If this is not true I will do what I can to get more packs in.

I've got a few more of the 3800s and 8 of the single cell 5600mah 60Cs to blow out too so if you need something let me know.

Enjoy the package Charles and thanks for the continued support of HV!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #926
Tech Lord

i never bought one cause i was waiting for them to be roar approved as i was doing regional races but the offroad got canceled for know and i can use my smc for that,email me or pm the 2s price [email protected]
we need to get these HV packs in to circulation,other than HV and MD everyone else just sells someone else's battery and we cant let Matt take all the new business
Old 07-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #927
Tech Elite

Wanted to give a shout out to local High Velocity Drivers who made the trip from Tacoma, WA down to Amain Raceway in California for the JConcepts 2011 Indoor Summer Nationals race.

Jonathan Cantrell - TQ stock buggy in the 17.5 class! Mains went down to the C and after getting the TQ Jonathan experienced a small issue in the main that allowed a few drivers ahead of him and he finished 6th in the A. Unfortunately it was not Triple As or I think he would have bounced back nicely! Still a very fine effort. Great job Jonathan!

Tanner Matesa - 12 year old up and coming racer and HV driver. He raced very well and finished 7th in the Bmain in 2wd stock buggy! With all the competition down there we were all very proud of him, most importantly his father and fellow HV driver, Jeff who's been coaching him over the past few months. Recent accomplishment for Tanner is finishing 3rd place overall in stock SC at TRCRs Gold Cup race in Tacoma! There were well over 100 entrants at the Gold Cup so he had a lot of fierce competition! Been a pleasure watching you get better every month Tanner! Keep it up!

Jeff Matesa - After a real strong race in the Bmain of 2wd stock buggy he collided with someone on the straight away on the final few laps of the main event. Being a true ambassador to the sport, he did not just take off but waited for the other driver to be marshalled. This cost him precious time and he ended up missing the bump to the A main by just a few seconds. Jeff is a great racer and it's the sportsmanship such as this that makes him so valuable to the hobby and the High Velocity team!

Ryan Matesa - 16 years old and will be visiting a podium near you very soon! Last season Ryan was locked in a 3 way battle with fellow driver, Jonathan Cantrell and Portland, OR native Nick Young for the Electric Championship Tour stock 2wd buggy crown. Going into the final race of the 6 month series, Ryan dominated 4 of the 5 rounds of qualifying and winning 2 of 3 mains to give him overall series championship. At the encouragement of fellow racers, family, and friends, Ryan has since moved to Mod and been racing in this extremely competitive class for just a few months. At AMain he finished 17th overall in 2wd open with almost 50 racers entered and mains all the way down to F! We couldn't be more proud of Ryan and we're all expecting great things for him in the future!

Congratulations everyone, job very well done!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #928
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

High Velocity was represented at the recent ROAR Region 4 Onroad Championship down in Kissimmee, FL. I finished 5th in stock touring after running in 3rd place, but about 5 minutes into the main my sensor dropped for 2 laps and it cost me 2 spots. I also finished 5th in mod touring.

Jon, sending you a PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #929
Tech Lord

Tj,i think i seen AJ name at the region offroad race
Old 07-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #930
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
High Velocity was represented at the recent ROAR Region 4 Onroad Championship down in Kissimmee, FL. I finished 5th in stock touring after running in 3rd place, but about 5 minutes into the main my sensor dropped for 2 laps and it cost me 2 spots. I also finished 5th in mod touring.

Jon, sending you a PM.
Congrats! I've yet to race onroad (have a car though!) but it looks extremely difficult and fast even with 17.5. I can't imagine how tough mod is and especially at a ROAR race.

Soon racers will be able to use HV packs at ROAR events. That's first on my list of things to do as soon as packs come in!

I highly encourage any and all team drivers to share their exploits here and anywhere else they choose. If you'd rather not "toot your own horn" so to speak please PM me the details and I will share it. Obviously there are races going on I can't be a part of but still want to recognize the efforts put forth by everyone!

Pm replied by the way and congratulations again! Sorry to hear about the sensor issue but if you only lost 2 spots being down 2 laps that's extremely impressive!

Jon