R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 05-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #901
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sorry to hear your leaving Johnny it's been a pleasure working with you over the past few years. You where gracious enough to sponsor an unknown which has helped me gain more sponsors over the years.

Good luck in your future ventures and when I'm in the Washington area again and race hopefully we'll cross paths.

Hello Jon,
We haven't meet, but from comments looks like things are in good hands. Look forward to hearing from you and good to see the currrent team members are all still on board.

Brent Klingforth
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #902
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Hi Everyone.

I just wanted to post a quick update.
As Johnny mentioned, I am currently racing the Gold Cup which is an annual event and brings in some very talented racers in the NW. It has been a busy week preparing among other things. But paid off as I'm currently qualified 2nd out of 17 in stock Buggy!

Anyway,
I've sent a couple emails/PMs so far and will get to the rest as soon as possible.

I do have a few announcements for HV though. I have purchased some equipment that allows me to test and graph every battery we sell. From now on, every single pack will include a sheet of paper that has a graph showing the charge and discharge curve of the battery packs, internal resistance, capacity taken in and put out, ending voltage, cell voltage down to .001 volts, and more. Every pack will be put on this equipment and it's specs will be handwritten on the backside of the battery along with the printouts included in the packaging.
My reason for this is frankly, I'm sick to death of these "C Rating" wars that current lipo companies are doing. As most know, C ratings mean absolutely nothing and there is zero standard in the industry for what constitutes a "true C rating"
My intention is to offer TRUE AND FACTUAL data about the capabilities of your batteries which is what these printouts will do. I hope other manufacturers and OEM companies follow because it will only benefit the end users who purchase them.

[Edit:I have 2 more announcements but I just read the sticky at the top of this form and realized my post violated the rules! Currently I'm having issues accessing the team facebook page so can't post it there either! Will try and get the info out soon! [/Edit]

Stay tuned for another exciting announcement!

Last edited by Neu_Racer; 05-14-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Neu_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:40 AM   #903
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

taking that extra step,good luck in the main
Old 05-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #904
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcman182006

That is by far the best idea ive ever heard about Lipos in general, I know a lot of friends on a couple other forums caught one Big Lipo Co. (not naming names *cough*MA*cough*) not living up to said specs on the pack

can't wait to hear more

Oh yea and Good luck in your main
#NoChuck2015
rcman182006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #905
Tech Elite

Thanks guys.

Ended up 2nd going into the mains and finished with 2x 2nd places against a 1st and 3rd in triple A's. Lost on the tiebreaker for 3rd overall. First trophy I've won in my 1st full season of racing so pretty happy!

As for other companies, I don't wish to talk bad about other lipo manufacturers. My intentions are to give the end users data that matters and not overly inflated C rating and capacity claims that don't even come close to reality.
Hopefully this will help the industry as a whole!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #906
Tech Elite

High Velocity had a great weekend at the Gold Cup!

Congratulations to the following drivers!

Ryan Matesa for his 2nd place finisj in 13.5 SS buggy. The only person to finish ahead of him was a former A Main Onroad World's racer! Ryan is only 16 years old and piloted his Kyosho RB5 SP2 with great skill! Ryan also recently won the ECT championship in stock buggy! Look for him on a podium near you soon!

Tanner Matesa finished 3rd overall in 13.5 short course with his Kyosho SC-R. That was Tanner's highest finish in a regional race and beat out some very skilled drivers. He had a 2nd, 4th, and was in 2nd when he popped a ball cup in the final race but was good enough for a 3rd place finish! Tanner is only 11 years old!!!

Derry Teidemann won the overall 17.5 buggy class with a TQ and 2x first place finishes. He drove a B4.1 to victory and is now banned from stock classes at our local track or else will earn the infamous "sandbagger" title!!

Tony Donlin took 3rd place overall in SS 13.5 buggy with his Losi 22 in a tough field! Tony is a long time friend of HV Founder, Johnny Chase and had taken an extended break from competitive racing. It is great to see him back and still kicking butt!

Thanks to all the HV drivers for their support! HAPPY RACING!!!

Last edited by Neu_Racer; 05-16-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #907
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcman182006

Congrats to all the driver!
#NoChuck2015
rcman182006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:50 AM   #908
Tech Lord

Jon,did the 1s get roar approved i know johnny was going to send them in
Old 05-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #909
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
Jon,did the 1s get roar approved i know johnny was going to send them in
Johnny didn't get a chance to submit them before I took over. I plan on having 4 different packs total, each approved by ROAR but it costs around $500 for each different pack to get the approval so it won't happen all at once.

This is a top priority and will be done as soon as possible. There will be an announcement as soon as it's done!

Thanks
Old 05-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #910
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neu_Racer View Post
Derry Teidemann won the overall 17.5 buggy class with a TQ and 2x first place finishes. He drove a B4.1 to victory and is now banned from stock classes at our local track or else will earn the infamous "sandbagger" title!!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #911
Tech Lord

how are things coming Jon
Old 05-28-2011, 01:42 AM   #912
Tech Elite

Hey all!

Forgive me for not being on here as much as I'd like to. I'm in my 3rd year at the University of Washington business program and we're wrapping up the quarter! Also preparing for my 2nd child, a baby girl due in July!

Anyway, HV is coming along. I've been in negotiations with different suppliers including the current battery manufacturer for the past couple weeks. I'm happy to announce that I was able to get the cost of the batteries down quite a bit. In fact all our packs will be under $100 MSRP now including the explosive 6000mah 60c hard case 2 cells!

I've also got a line on some extremely high quality yet mind blowingly cheap electrical accessories. Heat shrink, bullet connectors, high strand silicone wire, etc that I'm hoping to have soon. These will come in every size imaginable and I've been using it for awhile myself to ensure it's good enough for me to put the HV name on!
Getting the prices of the packs down so far and exploring the wire/heatshrink avenue is a large financial commitment so will take a little bit but keep an eye out for it soon!

Happy Racing!
Old 05-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #913
Tech Lord

Things take time,congrats on #2.I'll get in touch for some SC tires I may be doing our region race if money is there.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #914
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are the 6000 mah Lipo Kokam, Tenergy, or Thunder Power as OEM.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #915
Tech Elite

They are OEM. I provide discharge/charge and capacity graphs in each pack that sells so you know the exact quality and ratings of the packs. Every battery spends 2 1/2 to 3 hours on my battery station to get all the readings and ensure the mah put into the pack are no more than 5% less than the claimed ratings. I've yet to see a 3800mah 35c pack that doesn't take at least 3900mah though. The 6000s are always at 5,850 or above.

Thanks for the question, if you have any more don't be shy.

Jon