High Velocity Racing

You're on Page 49 of 66
Go to
  • RCMAN - Thats what I like to hear....
  • Awesome... cant wait for the pit towel.

Is anyone running the Tekin 212 on profile 1 for no boost or timing? I am trying to set up my 17.5 Murfdogg and i am looking for gearing and how much timing should i have on the motor?

Any help is appreciated
  • Hey Johnny when do you think you will get some more 60c 2s packs in.
  • 6 motor and 4.0fdr try it and work from there.how you been chad
  • Quote: Hey Johnny when do you think you will get some more 60c 2s packs in.
    I have venom packs in stock. It takes about a week for the smcs to come if you wanted me to order you some.
  • Quote: 6 motor and 4.0fdr try it and work from there.how you been chad
    I have been good. Work is driving me crazy though.

Only 6 on motor? And do you know any of the other settings i can adjust on the tekin without getting illegal?
  • Quote: Awesome... cant wait for the pit towel.

Is anyone running the Tekin 212 on profile 1 for no boost or timing? I am trying to set up my 17.5 Murfdogg and i am looking for gearing and how much timing should i have on the motor?

Any help is appreciated
    We usually run between 4 and 12 degrees timing for non boost classes.

Quote: 6 motor and 4.0fdr try it and work from there.how you been chad
    Our motors like less timing and more pinion than most of the others.

Quote: I have been good. Work is driving me crazy though.

Only 6 on motor? And do you know any of the other settings i can adjust on the tekin without getting illegal?
    Use Push control.... keeps the RPM's up thru the corner, so the motor does not labor as hard under acceleration. Most drivers report the feel of more punch with less heat, and better run time.... without any other changes.

Matt
  • Thanks MAtt and Smoke for the info... our first race on carpet is this saturday...this should be fun
  • Anytime....
  • i like to go with lower motor timing that way you can allways go up,no need for max.if you use grag brake you cant use push
  • Quote: i like to go with lower motor timing that way you can allways go up,no need for max.if you use grag brake you cant use push
    My motors make maximum power between -5 and 10 degrees of timing. I suggest -5 to +5 for boosted classes, and 0 to +10 for non boosted.

If you can get around without drag brake, you will usually be faster and will ALWAYS run cooler.

Our Synergy motors also have VERY strong rotors, and have more of a brushed motor feel than most others, especially under deceleration.

Matt
  • I'm not disagreeing with you
  • hey Johnny, I see you have the tcx and will be getting the TC6, do you plan on carrying other brands as well? no longer with shuie, and going to drop SP too. I'll be paying more attention to whats on your site. probably try and hook up with you thrusday, (my day off) to pick up a couple of things.
  • Quote: I'm not disagreeing with you
    Hope I didnt make you think that I felt like you were... Sorry if it seemed that way. I am just trying to give good info for everyone.

Matt
  • its ok.i try and do the same,but we were on the same page.