Team Muchmore USA

Old 06-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Ray,

You have a PM. Question regarding the Much More CTX-W IC tire warmers.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gijoe64
I would recomend that you send your unit into our hobby services goto www.muchmoreusa.com

Yes you can discharge 5 cell packs if you goto the Muchmore Korea website it shows you how to do it properly. http://www.much-more.co.kr/tech_talk.asp

I use a liner discharge for my packs.
hello,

thank you very much for the info. I ll try to see if I can replace the 6th cell fets with the first one.. if that solves my problem I ll be fine. I live in Istanbul so it would be hard for me to send the item for repairs to US I am not sure if you would accept it at all???
Old 06-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

With no cell in slot 1, it won't start discharge. However, if your slot 1 will still "see" a cell, there is a way round it. You just need to put a cell with some charge in it, into that slot, then put pack in other slots and it will be fine. AFter it has started, you can remove the 1st cell if you wish, and it will still finish ok.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:53 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ray,
When will MM USA get the lipo balancer for the SC? You also have PM
Thanks -Paul
Old 06-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P2
Ray,
When will MM USA get the lipo balancer for the SC? You also have PM
Thanks -Paul
We will have the new Cell Balancer for the Silent Charger soon. The balancer works great! And with the adapters it comes wity you should not have to worry about you pack not fitting.
Attached Thumbnails Team Muchmore USA-cellbalancer-medium-.jpg  
Old 06-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
hello,

thank you very much for the info. I ll try to see if I can replace the 6th cell fets with the first one.. if that solves my problem I ll be fine. I live in Istanbul so it would be hard for me to send the item for repairs to US I am not sure if you would accept it at all???
Let me get some information from Muchmore Korea about were you need to send you D2
Old 06-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
hello,

Hi,
CTX-D won't start if you don't place a cell in cell. no.1 spot as MattW said.
I will post a picture and let you know which parts should move from no.6 cell to no.1 cell. you should move two parts-the one is FET and the other one is LM324 part. then you will be able to discharge your 5cells pack.

thanks,

Ryan
Old 06-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (93%+)

I am looking at getting tire warmers and just wondering if there is a difference between the platinum edition and the Mark R. ( blue) edition
Old 06-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wallstreet
I am looking at getting tire warmers and just wondering if there is a difference between the platinum edition and the Mark R. ( blue) edition
Hey the CTXW Tire Warmers are all the same, no differnece.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gijoe64
Let me get some information from Muchmore Korea about were you need to send you D2

Detach two parts(no.6 cell) shown in the picture carefully then replace two parts in the circle of no.1 cell with them.
If this does not work, let me know. I will ask Muchmore UK if they can do because UK is closer than Korea or USA.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ryan Lee

Detach two parts(no.6 cell) shown in the picture carefully then replace two parts in the circle of no.1 cell with them.
If this does not work, let me know. I will ask Muchmore UK if they can do because UK is closer than Korea or USA.
Thank you very much to everyone for their replies. I gave the unit to my good electronics buddy who much more eligible on circuit boards than I am. I have sent him the pics as well. I ll have the unit here in a few days and test it out.

I will let you know as soon as possible
Old 06-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Hi, (yes it is me again )

I just received my cell masters. I got them one day befpre the race so I really couldnt use them much. I only had one unit out so I could tinker with it. I usually had problems with false peaks.

After I have seen the messages here, I checked the profile given in the tech talk section of MMR site.

What I understand from the manual is use peak charge to basically peak a battery and ctx charge to charge a fully discharged pack. Am I correct on this?

I set the CTX charge 1 (named it CTX IB4200) to the given values of

1/3 - 3000mah 7.0A Fn Tn 5cell
2/3 - 3030mah 0.2A Fn
3/3 - 5000mah 4.5A Fn T50 delta 6mv

I ll play around with delta and the charge rate of the 3rd section depending on what I need...

do we use the same profile for IB4600 as well or do you have a special profile you guys have tested for the 4600.

Since my CTX-D is out I have been using the old deans bulb discharger until the lights are dim and them I place the pack on the LRP Batt conditioner 2 with V-cutoff set to 1volts. I usually set the batts to cool off and before charging I discharge them again to 1v/cell then charge.

Is this ok?

there is some debate on between .9 vs 1.0

Last edited by Toughbeard; 06-06-2008 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typossss
Old 06-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I really don't think that the .1v difference is going to be that big of a deal. Really the biggest thing that I have noticed that helps our current packs is consistancy.

I don't know much about the LRP conditioner, but MuchMore has a new balancer that should hit the States somtime this summer that is great. I posted pics earlier in the thread.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:37 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah I saw the pictures but couldnt locate one. now I know why

I started using 1volt because I started having cells with very low voltages that the CM give out a low cell voltage error.

I will try to find one and get it though, as I want to stay with one company. makes askng question and getting answers very easy.

question1: Why is the CM:Platinium so loud??? I have 2 and it is twice the headache :P

question2: is there an available IB4600 ctx charge profile for CM. or do we use the IB4200 profile listed in the tech talk section...

question3: I am currently using an 8.5A Switching power supply as the power source. will this cause any problems? I am currently using it but I dont know it CM is working properly. The manual suggests 24A if I remember correctly.

qyestion4: (related to 3) Is it better to use a non switching power supply. transformer, bridge diodes and caps only to supply around 12 13 volts?

regards,

Serdar
Old 06-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Q1: I had this same problem with my CTX-D2. Much More replaced the fans and no problem since. You could try oiling the bearings to quiet them down, but that is the only thing you could do without replaceing the fans I think.

Q2: Here are my charging profiles that I have been testing with. I don't know if they are right or wrong, but I haven't had a problem yet! Remember to take into consideration that this is for 4 cell Oval batteries that only have to last 4 minutes, but go ridiculusly fast! lol I have used both profiles for regular charging and am just trying to learn what's best.

These are for Trinity IB4600's.

CTX Charge:
Step 1/3
3500mA 6.0A
Flex off

Step 2/3
4000 7.0A
Flex off

Step 3/3
9990mA (all the way) 8.0A
Flex off

delta peak 09

Pulse Charge:
9990 mA Then I vary from 6-9 amps depending on class, track, and temp.

I like to have my cells about 120-130*f on my way to the line. I use the MM Cell Heatsink 2 for the first 10 - 20 minutes depending on weather and battery temp.

Q3 and Q4:

I'll admit I don't really know enough on this subject to give advice. I am currently using a MM 24amp ps to power 2 CTX Platinum Chargers, a CTX-D2, CTX-Batt Heatsink 2, and another cooling fan; without any problems.

Hopefully some of this may help you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.