R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree47Likes

Old 02-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #631
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccj816 View Post
Havent posted results up in a few weeks so here goes.

Last saturday I was able to get to the track until the mains. Had to start in the rear of each class. I won all 3. Stock Buggy, Stock Stadium, Super Stock Buggy.

Lastnight
Stock bug TQ'd won
SS Buggy Qualified 2nd won
Stk Stadium TQ'd won
Slash Qualified 3rd won
Great finishes as usual James. Keep up the great runs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
We had our annual asphalt challenge this weekend, two day event with two quals on Sat and one final qual and mains on Sun and over 200 entries. I had other commitments and was only able to run the first qualifier and the mains. but managed to shake off some rust and put all three on my entries in the B mains. As allways my speedzone batts were in top form even after sitting for afew months, thanks Speedzone!
Nice Chris. Now if you only ran all three qualifiers...

2017 Canadian National Champion//2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #632
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Creado View Post
Nice Chris. Now if you only ran all three qualifiers...
What I need to do is find time to run more than once every six months.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #633
Tech Master

Hey Chris, what classes did you run?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #634
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
Hey Chris, what classes did you run?
Vintage, nastruck, and Spec GT

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #635
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well, Speedzone Batteries placed 5 place overall on the 2nd race of the Puerto Rico EP On Road Series. The packs performed flawlessly (the driver was a little bit rusty ) amid great competition from sponsored XRay and Yokomo Drivers. Im very satisfied with the packs and the overall combination of electronics (Speed Passion motor and Hobby Wing ESC). More info: www.redrc.net

Looking forward to try the new motors. Will do better next time!
madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #636
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
What I need to do is find time to run more than once every six months.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Well, Speedzone Batteries placed 5 place overall on the 2nd race of the Puerto Rico EP On Road Series. The packs performed flawlessly (the driver was a little bit rusty ) amid great competition from sponsored XRay and Yokomo Drivers. Im very satisfied with the packs and the overall combination of electronics (Speed Passion motor and Hobby Wing ESC). More info: www.redrc.net

Looking forward to try the new motors. Will do better next time!
Well done!

2017 Canadian National Champion//2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Old 02-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #637
Company Representative

Exclamation Brushless Motors Update

BL Motor Update

I have been receiving questions about Speedzone Brushless Motors and ROAR approval. So to update all, we have submitted our motors to ROAR. I felt this is something we had to do for our customers and team.

The approval process is not very efficient and I will post an update as soon as we hear back from ROAR.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #638
ctd
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Had a great past weekend. I ran 3rd in mod buggy and 2nd in mod sct running the Sppedzone 8.5 in both and the 5600 70c in both also. Never had a problem and ran like clockwork.
My son ran 1st in stock and TQ'ed stock buggy running the 17.5 sct motor and was running faster times then 10th in mod with a stock buggy.
http://www.vpprousa.com/
ctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #639
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
Had a great past weekend. I ran 3rd in mod buggy and 2nd in mod sct running the Sppedzone 8.5 in both and the 5600 70c in both also. Never had a problem and ran like clockwork.
My son ran 1st in stock and TQ'ed stock buggy running the 17.5 sct motor and was running faster times then 10th in mod with a stock buggy.
Very cool Mike. Love it!

Old 03-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #640
Company Representative

We are out of our 75C and 80C 2S packs. We still have some of our 80C 1S packs available.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #641
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey guys just wanted to say this new 8.5 motor is way sweet. I just got it this week installed in my B4.2. I am running the Speedzone 5300 30c battery with it. It is an extremely smooth combo. I lapped the field in the second qualifier for open buggy. I broke in the main so I wasn't able to finish but I was putting down some good laps in the qualifier. I was running an LRP X20 7.5 before and it was always a hand full on our small indoor track. The 8.5 Peerless is perfect. I plan on ordering up a 6.5 and new saddle pack as soon as they are back in stock for my wheeler.

, Thanks Gavin!
chevmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #642
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to StockRacer

Raced at the WRL round 5 at CRCRC yesterday, smooth power all day. Lost steering to the left about half way though the main so was unable to finish. Just wish the shorty had a little more punch for the triple but was great everywhere else.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #643
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

2nd annual March Mayhem race was this weekend and I had some good results. We had 160 entries total.

Qualified for the A-main in my 4 classes.

Finished
5th Stock buggy
3rd Super Stock buggy
2nd Spec Slash
1st Stock Stadium truck

I had several bobbles in the stock buggy class but 5th overall is pretty good. In the Slash class me and the Traxxas driver Christian swapped the lead several times and I had a bobble on last lap letting him get by. Super Stock class I qualified 2nd and held the lead for a few minutes before deciding to the faster guys by me. Stock Stadium class was very exciting, I was in 2nd place for majority of the race and just riding the guys bumper very closely just waiting for the pressure to get to him and it finally did. I took advantage of it and got a real good lead on him and coasted over the finished line.

My SpeedZone batteries kept its power for 2 minutes of warm ups and 8 minute mains with plenty power to spare.
Attached Thumbnails
Speedzone Batteries & Motors-20130310_145830.jpg  
Old 03-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #644
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Leaving Weds to run my SpeedZone power package in mod at Carpet Nats. I know I won't be worried about power!
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #645
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevmaro View Post
Hey guys just wanted to say this new 8.5 motor is way sweet. I just got it this week installed in my B4.2. I am running the Speedzone 5300 30c battery with it. It is an extremely smooth combo. I lapped the field in the second qualifier for open buggy. I broke in the main so I wasn't able to finish but I was putting down some good laps in the qualifier. I was running an LRP X20 7.5 before and it was always a hand full on our small indoor track. The 8.5 Peerless is perfect. I plan on ordering up a 6.5 and new saddle pack as soon as they are back in stock for my wheeler.

, Thanks Gavin!
Glad the motor/pack combo worked so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccj816 View Post
2nd annual March Mayhem race was this weekend and I had some good results. We had 160 entries total.

Qualified for the A-main in my 4 classes.

Finished
5th Stock buggy
3rd Super Stock buggy
2nd Spec Slash
1st Stock Stadium truck

I had several bobbles in the stock buggy class but 5th overall is pretty good. In the Slash class me and the Traxxas driver Christian swapped the lead several times and I had a bobble on last lap letting him get by. Super Stock class I qualified 2nd and held the lead for a few minutes before deciding to the faster guys by me. Stock Stadium class was very exciting, I was in 2nd place for majority of the race and just riding the guys bumper very closely just waiting for the pressure to get to him and it finally did. I took advantage of it and got a real good lead on him and coasted over the finished line.

My SpeedZone batteries kept its power for 2 minutes of warm ups and 8 minute mains with plenty power to spare.
Great finishes again James. I am real excited about the future of the Speedzone Lipo/Motor combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Leaving Weds to run my SpeedZone power package in mod at Carpet Nats. I know I won't be worried about power!
Good luck at the Nats Andrew!