Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree51Likes

Reedy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

We are working on creating a motor/ESC setup sheet and database of setups. So for those that purchase motors and come up with an interesting setup that you would like to share please let me know. With so many ESCs and tuning options this will be a good way to share your experience and try new things that have worked for others.

Originally Posted by hanulec
looks like they are out -

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/l...ushless_Motors

they are listed as being completely rebuildable. will replacement stators be available for purchase??
Originally Posted by hanulec
The motor looked pretty good today at the track. I'd like to be able to try one soon...
It will take a couple of weeks until they are circulating but they are packaged and ready to ship or on the way to distributors. The stators are not yet available separately but could be soon. This is not something that has been requested so we did not make it a priority item.

Originally Posted by Mr.Che
Interesting ... sad that we in Switzerland have no clever importer for Reedy Associated Products

Nice Motors Rick....

Greetings from the guy with the Alfa Romeo at Basildon/Southend 1993 Off Road WC ....Years ago..... do you remember ... I was then driving for Team Orion your engines
Thanks! HRC Distributing is the AE/Reedy distributor in Switzerland. There is no reason that they won't stock these but the fact that HRC sells Novak could make them hard to get unless you specifically ask for them. But the good news is that Reedy will be launching a new website soon that will make it pretty easy for racers worldwide to buy Reedy products at fair prices. If your hobby shop or distributor doesn't carry it, you can still get it and not pay excessive prices.

I don't remember you from the race but I drove an '87 Alfa 75 for three years or so. I loved that car but loved the VW Corrado that replaced it even more!

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Rick,

motors looked good at Reedy. Just noticing that they have a similar look to the Thunder Powers. Any relation, or just like the thunderpower/novak stators seem "similar", a coincidence?

Thanks
It is hard to come up with something unique and still fit within the rules. We are familiar with LRP so this was the idea behind the two-piece case. The TP motor is similar and probably shares some standard parts but they are completely different motors. In my opinion a big advantage of the Reedy motor is that fact that it runs very cool. This results in a long lasting motor with less fade at the end of the run.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks for the update Rick. I see the motors listed at various retailers as of today..
Old 06-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

For the off road racers , I'm happy to let you know that 550 SC 4x4 motor testing is nearly complete. Info should be released later this month. In the mean time, the team guys are using 5.5 and 6.5 540 Sonics. In the SC10 4x4 I personally prefer a 540 motor due to the better feel off power (less drag brake) and smoother power band.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
For the off road racers , I'm happy to let you know that 550 SC 4x4 motor testing is nearly complete. Info should be released later this month. In the mean time, the team guys are using 5.5 and 6.5 540 Sonics. In the SC10 4x4 I personally prefer a 540 motor due to the better feel off power (less drag brake) and smoother power band.
Ran the motors last week, ran very well and stayed under 155 all day. More time on them ill get more out of them.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is there going to be a 1S version of the motor?
Old 06-15-2011, 01:37 AM
Tech Initiate

HRC ... good joke ... I order everything overseas for the Associated Cars ... half as expensive and faster.
Previously it was in Switzerland better ... good old days :-)

:-) Lars

Last edited by Mr.Che; 06-15-2011 at 04:45 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Rick,

motors looked good at Reedy. Just noticing that they have a similar look to the Thunder Powers. Any relation, or just like the thunderpower/novak stators seem "similar", a coincidence?

Thanks
I thought the same thing about it looking similar to the Thunder Power motor...
Old 06-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey rick: With Reedy soon to release a new brushless version of the old Sonic electric motor line how will this affect AEs distribution of LRP products? Thanks
Old 06-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by b-man777
Hey rick: With Reedy soon to release a new brushless version of the old Sonic electric motor line how will this affect AEs distribution of LRP products? Thanks
The Reedy line does not affect LRP at all. In the U.S. we still actively promote and advertise LRP products and our racing team will continue to use them. Some drivers will use Reedy and others LRP.

Overseas LRP and Reedy have no sales connections. In many of the largest markets Reedy and LRP are sold by different distributors. In fact the overseas distributors were the biggest reason for resurrecting the Sonic line. They want motors to sell to their customers.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey Rick - do you know when the sonic motors might be available for sale? I checked out stormer, a-main, tower and none have them...Stormer at least has them as 'on order'

thanks!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Hey Rick - do you know when the sonic motors might be available for sale? I checked out stormer, a-main, tower and none have them...Stormer at least has them as 'on order'

thanks!
We sold out the first shipment of the modified motors. Some went overseas but they are either at distributors/hobby shops or on the way. We still have a few 17.5 and 13.5 in stock here but expect them to be gone when our shipping department re-opens next week (inventory).
Old 06-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

We sold out the first shipment of the modified motors. Some went overseas but they are either at distributors/hobby shops or on the way. We still have a few 17.5 and 13.5 in stock here but expect them to be gone when our shipping department re-opens next week (inventory).
wasn't looking for a modifed - just a 'plain' 17.5 and they aren't around

found the link on your website - wow!! full retail price?? eek!!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
wasn't looking for a modifed - just a 'plain' 17.5 and they aren't around

found the link on your website - wow!! full retail price?? eek!!
Yeah we are going to launch a new Reedy site with more appropriate street prices. If you can't find a motor by next week I can sell you one directly at a competitive price.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah we are going to launch a new Reedy site with more appropriate street prices. If you can't find a motor by next week I can sell you one directly at a competitive price.
thanks Rick, I'll be in touch
Old 06-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

follow Reedy news, team, and other stuff on Twitter.
@reedypower

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.