R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Tenergy Batteries

Hello,

My name is Brandon, and I am a representative of Tenergy battery corporation. Some of you may already be familiar with our products, as we have quite a large presence on EBay. Many of you may have also seen our direct sales web site, All-Battery.com. We offer a complete line of batteries for the RC market, everything from 7.2 NiCd/NiMH all the way up to Lipo battery packs are available. All of our packs include a 6 month warranty, one of the longest in the industry. If you are not familiar with our RC products I invite you to have a look at this link:
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...S&Category=154

I'd also like to know what you guys value in a batery pack. The obvious choice is more power (higher capacity in mAh), but how does the cost of more power figure into your buying descision? Is buying two lower capacity packs (3800 Vs 4200) a valid option? Basically what I'd like to know is what factors go into your descision when buying batteries.

In the future I hope to be organizing group buys on battery packs, the more people we get on the list the lower the price. Below are links to some of our more popular packs. Remember that all our packs come with a 6 month warranty.

3800mAh with Deans
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=1831

3800mAh Tamiya
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=1030

4200mAh Tamiya
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=1778

4500mAh with Deans
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=1830

4500 mAh Tamiya
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=1873

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me here in the thread or PM me.
BatteryMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:02 AM   #2
Exe
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Exe Send a message via Yahoo to Exe

Has anyone tried these batteries? any good?
Exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:18 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have 4 packs of the 3800 with Deans. Not bad, for the money they are good cells. i don't know how'd they be for racing, but for practice they are good. You have to give them a few cycles to really get broken in.
MonkeyFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:04 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi batteryman, I am intersted in purchasing the 24 pcs 3800s on ebay, but can they be bought without the tabs? Thanks.
Mark Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:05 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyFist View Post
I have 4 packs of the 3800 with Deans. Not bad, for the money they are good cells. i don't know how'd they be for racing, but for practice they are good. You have to give them a few cycles to really get broken in.
Hi, at what charge rates do you charge them up? Thanks.
Mark Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Default 4500's I've used them

I used the 4500 Mah batteries in my 1/12 scale pan car. They were good batteries for the money. The tabs that are on them must be changed and you need a GOOD charger. I've tried various charge rates. The best i've found is between 4.5 and 5.0 amps.

What I look for in batteries is #1 overall voltage. most batteries are 1.2volts. That works out to 4.8 volts for a 4 cell pack. I have gotten as high as 5.8 volts out of a 4 cell pack with these batteries.

The 2nd thing is sustained amp draw. Do the batteries fall off at the last few seconds of an 8 minute race. These did not fall off at all my lap times didn't vary from 1st to last lap

The only thing i did notice is that they don't seem to have as much "PUNCH" power as some other batteries but the runtime was better. I use these batteries during tuning of my car because they are consitant power. i race with a set off 4600 mah batteries because they have serious "PUNCH". The pack i use now are 45 bucks for a 4 cell DIY pack. I think that it may have something to do with the matching off the cells I'm not an expert or anything. I did get 1 pack of these batteries to work very well but I have an ICC charger so i matched the cells by charge time,total mah and voltage as I can see every cells numbers independent of each other.

Overall i'd say that these batteries are GREAT for that average basher or the weekend pleasure racers. For serious racers they just don't have the punnch of some other compairable priced batteries. JMO

Last edited by carl72s; 02-17-2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: wording was wrong
carl72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #7

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i was very disappointed with the large box of cells i purchased. thankfully they gave me my $ back.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote