Thank you for nothing Trinity!

Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default Thank you for nothing Trinity!

Hi all,
I would like to share a story about Stormer and Trinity. Exactly a year ago I've purchased a Trinity Monster horsepower machine. Unlucky for me it missed a rpm sensor for the motor. Stormer contacted Trinity, Trinity contacted me via this forum (Ernie himself) and promissed me a replacement part (that never came). A year later I've moved to brushless like all mod racers. Year ago I have spent $140 for something I've never been able to use and still have no use for it, because of the missing part I can not sell it so I think I better throw it away together with other Trinity stuff I have.

Greets from Holland,
Z
Old 05-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

At least bomb one foam is in stock again!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

A brushed motor with an RPM sensor? Or are you talking about a motor dyno or something?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

“Monster Horsepower Machine” Motor Checker
Designed to break-in, condition and test all your standard and 1/18th mini sized motors.

Features:
• Fully Programmable “Auto Run” Mode: Simulates the variable voltage input a motor sees when being run on the racetrack. Effectively breaks in your motor without the worry of it over-heating. You can quickly and easily program the minimum and maximum voltages (0 – 8.00V) along with the ramp up/down delay, the running time (1-99mins.), the delay time (1-99mins.), and the number of cycles (1-99).
• Constant Voltage “Motor Run In” Mode: Runs your motor continuously at a constant voltage which you specify (0.01V – 8.00V). Great for just “buzzing up” motors (checking their rotation), breaking them in when your in a hurry, or for powering any of your accessories (such as comm lathes, battery/motor coolers, etc).
• Programmable “Condition Run In” Mode: Automatically runs your motor until the brushes have broken in to the predetermined condition which you specify. The condition of the commutator/brushes is indicated by a reference number (1-20), the lower the number, the less arching and the better the brush contact with the
commutator.
• To check the performance of your motor, you may view the Amp draw and RPM (when connected to the included stand/sensor) during any of the modes.
• You may record and save your data (including the Amp draw and RPM) for up to 12 motors with the “Motor Run In” mode. You may save the data for as long as you would like and delete it at any time.
• Compact (125 x 100 x 48.5 mm) and lightweight design (only 435 grams!)
• Input Voltage: 11 – 15V DC with reverse polarity protection. Also includes internal temperature controlled cooling fan.
• Motor clamp holds .05 sized and mini sized motors.
• Works stock and modified motors 8 turns and above.
• Stores data on 12 motors for easy comparison.
• Regulates voltage so maybe used to power comm lathe.
Attached Thumbnails Thank you for nothing Trinity!-tri30009.jpg