R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Default Ask Peak Racing

Last edited by Rick Hohwart; 09-21-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

who distributes the sensor cables for the orion motor?will towerhobbies have it in stock?
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
who distributes the sensor cables for the orion motor?will towerhobbies have it in stock?
All our distributors will carry them so every retailer will have access to them. We will also add them to shoppeakracing.com and they can be purchased directly by ordering over the phone as a last resort.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
All our distributors will carry them so every retailer will have access to them. We will also add them to shoppeakracing.com and they can be purchased directly by ordering over the phone as a last resort.
thanks!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

rick or joe i just ran the new 19 turn motor and i can say wow you guys really turned it up a notch with this motor power of a trinity k2 with magnets that last like a checkpoint . but here is my question the brushes that come with it are dialed i can get four runs out of them with no brush burn but when i switched to xxx brushes it just did not have the power so what i am wondering is what are the stock brushes so i can order them and has anyone tried them in a stock motor?
Old 04-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka
rick or joe i just ran the new 19 turn motor and i can say wow you guys really turned it up a notch with this motor power of a trinity k2 with magnets that last like a checkpoint . but here is my question the brushes that come with it are dialed i can get four runs out of them with no brush burn but when i switched to xxx brushes it just did not have the power so what i am wondering is what are the stock brushes so i can order them and has anyone tried them in a stock motor?
Thanks! We always love to hear feedback and comments, good or bad. The Peak Racing part number of the stock brushes is PEK22201 Q Pro Laydown Brush w/eyelet.

Your favorite retailer should be able to get these through their distributor or if they have an account, directly from Peak. You can also buy them at shoppeakracing.com or by calling us directly.

In case the Peak branded version is hard to come by, the Orion ORI41225 Katana Laydown Brushes w/eyelet is the same brush.

We have not done much stock testing with the brush, but it originated as a 23-turn stock motor brush for the Japanese market. From what I understand, it is very popular in 23 turn motors so I imagine it will be as good in stock motors as it is in the others.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #7
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

thanks rick ..
Old 04-20-2007, 05:49 AM   #8
Tech Adept

Rick
what esc would you say would be the best for me to get for your 10.5 brushless motor i race 6 cell tc.
cheers Aid
Aid1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:57 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aid1970
Rick
what esc would you say would be the best for me to get for your 10.5 brushless motor i race 6 cell tc.
cheers Aid
I think the LRP and Novak brushless ESCs are both very good and reliable. And both allow you to make fine tuning adjustments to suit your driving style and preferences.

I would choose based on what is best supported in your area. Chances are you won't run into problems, but if you do you want to be able to get it resolved as quickly as possible.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:20 AM   #10
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
I think the LRP and Novak brushless ESCs are both very good and reliable. And both allow you to make fine tuning adjustments to suit your driving style and preferences.
Have you or Peak team members tested the Vantage BL 3.5 or 4.5 with the Novak GTB ESC? I'm also wondering what type of warranty, replacement, and/or repair policy is given with the BL Motors.

I'm debating running a GTB w/ your BL motors instead of the Novak version.

LONG LIVE THE HELLFIRE!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus
Have you or Peak team members tested the Vantage BL 3.5 or 4.5 with the Novak GTB ESC? I'm also wondering what type of warranty, replacement, and/or repair policy is given with the BL Motors.

I'm debating running a GTB w/ your BL motors instead of the Novak version.

LONG LIVE THE HELLFIRE!
I personally did a lot of testing with the GTB and Vortex 3.5 in my TC. I like the speedo and had no problems with thermal shutdown and the drivability was good, as was its tunability. The Vortex tends to have a little more drag brake than the LRP or Novak motors so you have to adjust the ESC drag brakes accordingly.

As with brushed motors/ESCs, heat is the most damaging factor. Gearing properly and using a little drag brake and push brake as possible will result in reduced temperatures and better motor/ESC operation.

The warranty info as well as gearing and application recommendations can be found in the instructions.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Quote:

I would choose based on what is best supported in your area. Chances are you won't run into problems, but if you do you want to be able to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

thanks Rick
Old 04-23-2007, 05:32 AM   #13
Tech Adept

Rick
do you know when the 10.5 brushless will be out
Old 04-23-2007, 08:36 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aid1970
Rick
do you know when the 10.5 brushless will be out
It will be very shortly but I am hesitant to give a date and then have it pass with no motors available. When a delivery date is certain I will post here and on the Peak website.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #15
Tech Master

This past weekend Tamiya held a fun race. This brought allot of fast people to get a little extra practice before the Reedy Race in a few weeks. The track was very well prepared and the traction was pretty good.
Since we have had allot of questions about the gearing for our new 19t Dynasty motor, I figured this would be a perfect time to test.
The first qualifier I geared the Dynasty at 6.14 The motor was very fast and never faded at the end of the run. This was also in the morning so it wasnt very hot out yet.
By the time the second qualifier came around the track temp was allot hotter. When we checked it with a temp gun the reading was 126 degrees! I stayed with the same 6.14 gearing and once again had really good power, but the last 30 seconds I could feel the motor heating up.
For the third qualifier I geared the motor down 1 tooth. This put me at 6.32 The motor had good power and didnt notice much loss if any on the straight. At the end of the run I had more power than with the 6.14 gearing and didnt really notice a fade at all.
I ended up qualifying 4th overall out of 4 heats of 19t. I stayed with my 6.32 gearing for the main and ended up 2nd.
I ran the motor just how we sell it. With the same springs and brushes that come on the motors. The new Q-Brush that comes on the 19t is awesome. Corey Lewis Tq'ed by allot being the only one to make the extra lap with these brushes and springs in the same motor that is used as the Reedy Race Handout.