R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-21-2007, 02:43 AM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Rick,

I sent you a PM,

many thanks for all you did for me,

Steve Curry
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:22 AM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've got my story on how I first met Rick Hohwart.At the 1/12th Nationals in Orlando at the Marriot Hotel(1986).Arriving at the hotel and going to the motor seminars. Those that attended got to draw for the motor from the winning car.I got lucky and drew Peak Performance.I went to his room and met him and his partner (just remember he had glasses).The funniest thing about the race was one of the main the carpet came up. Before you knew it half the field was under the carpet and the race was stopped.When it came time for the A main it was Rick Hohwart winning the A main with a Delta 1/12th car.Since this was their first they wanted to keep the motor- that was fine with me- they would send me a new one just like he raced.It was a either a triple or quad 25 wind. I've still got that motor today sitting on the shelf. Both my friends and I used this motor for a long time. I also got sponsored by Peak.When I went to our series races back then I'd sent Rick a copy of the track and he would build me a new motor for every race.I've always been able to call Rick and ask him anything about his products or talk ROAR stuff.
What ever he does now and where ever he goes they will be getting one of the best guys around .Wherever he goes I will buy that product.Now I'm just waiting to find out where that is?
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #93
Tech Master

We just received our shipment of the 07 Element 19t's today!
Old 07-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #94
Tech Master

Please contact me at [email protected] for ordering. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #95
Tech Rookie

Default About your first meeting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
I've got my story on how I first met Rick Hohwart.At the 1/12th Nationals in Orlando at the Marriot Hotel(1986).Arriving at the hotel and going to the motor seminars. Those that attended got to draw for the motor from the winning car.I got lucky and drew Peak Performance.I went to his room and met him and his partner (just remember he had glasses).The funniest thing about the race was one of the main the carpet came up. Before you knew it half the field was under the carpet and the race was stopped.When it came time for the A main it was Rick Hohwart winning the A main with a Delta 1/12th car.Since this was their first they wanted to keep the motor- that was fine with me- they would send me a new one just like he raced.It was a either a triple or quad 25 wind. I've still got that motor today sitting on the shelf. Both my friends and I used this motor for a long time. I also got sponsored by Peak.When I went to our series races back then I'd sent Rick a copy of the track and he would build me a new motor for every race.I've always been able to call Rick and ask him anything about his products or talk ROAR stuff.
What ever he does now and where ever he goes they will be getting one of the best guys around .Wherever he goes I will buy that product.Now I'm just waiting to find out where that is?
The guy with glasses, was Mike Hickman. These guys were my first motor and battery sponser back in the early days. They were vey very good to me and still to this day would never forget thier generosity. I am just getting back to racng after all these years, trying to get my sons excited and into the hobby. It has been a lot of years and it would be great to catch up with Rick again, as he has never met my son and get a few pointers for him.
Rick thanks again. and drop a line one of these days. I have a son building his first car to cut his teeth (Team Orion Engine) he could use some expert tuning as cars are little different these days. Our Delta's look like the pan cars did to us back then.

Jaime Navarro
[email protected]
jaimepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:25 PM   #96
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Question on springs and brushes

When are springs and brushes going to be available for the Dynasty 19 or 07 motors?
lidebt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:22 AM   #97
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to s.nicholson Send a message via Skype™ to s.nicholson

Joe Pillars please check your pm thanks
s.nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:15 AM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

J.P.......................what is the hot setup for the core stock motors for foam tc???????
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:54 AM   #99
Tech Master

Josh H. - This is the set-up we ran the last time on carpet: Orion Katana Brush, Orion Red Springs on both + and -, Comm Size .292
Old 08-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #100
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Thanks Joe...................any idea on rollout
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #101
Tech Master

We will be testing this weekend to find a close roll out for Cleveland.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #102
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to encore75

I know this is kind of a broad question, but what are the differences between the new Orion and Peak brushless motors?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #103
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by encore75 View Post
I know this is kind of a broad question, but what are the differences between the new Orion and Peak brushless motors?
pretty much they are the same i believe both are made by speedpassion
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:14 PM   #104
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
pretty much they are the same i believe both are made by speedpassion
I dont think there's any difference between the two. I know the Orion one has vent holes witch is pretty sick. cant wait to get mine for my onroad.

Joe good luck at the worlds this year.

Mitch
Mitch P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:41 PM   #105
Tech Master

Joe- Are you going to the next JBRL race? that motor for 2wd is perfect!

Chris

Last edited by Chris Jarosz; 08-31-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Chris Jarosz is offline   Reply With Quote