R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-12-2007, 02:12 AM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Loopedout:

Hi,

I have been dealing with Novak Customer Service since the days of the the " Novak Road Packs" ( two Novak midget servos and a small AM Rx). I've sent lots of speedos in with no problems.
Seems like you just picked a bad time to deal with Charlie as he was at the Birds all this past week. and the above posted comments about the service rep you talked on the phone were just flat out rude. she had no idea what was said between you and Charlie.

good luck with whatever you buy

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #62
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Permit me to comment on several things.

Not only is Bob Novak not in the dark concerning this situation, (nor is Novak's customer service staff keeping things from him), he has been completely informed, from the beginning, about this issue.

Mr Loopedout's SS ESC was replaced last week, at no charge, with a new GTB ESC---a point he has failed to emphasize. Novak believes that this is a fair resolution to his problem.

CharlieS has been at Snowbirds all week--Snowbirds is a round-the-clock, 24 hours per day race. However, he has kept Novak Customer Service apprised of all communications pertaining to this issue.

Also, permit me to say that Novak believes that their Customer Service staff is the best, most helpful, and most experienced in the R/C industry. Such comments, posted above by customer, are completely out of line. Novak (including Bob Novak) supports CS's solution to this problem.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #63

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Even before I ran for Novak, hey had the best customer service i have ever dealt with. Had a Millenium Pro go on the fritz, got it back in a one week turnarond time and have never had a problem since. 2 Thumbs up for Charlie and Novak.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Looped, you are acting completely irate and childish. Don't insult our intelligence. "Charlie obviously can't do anything, hes decision has been trumped by his boss" is absurd, he is the ONLY person that can do anything or defend you here. "I know I was taking notes during my call to him and I know that paper says Charlie- Novak $30 get a gtb/3.5 write on warr card that he said to do that.", I am sorry but that is not proof.

If you don't like novak, good bye and good riddance. They don't need or want a customer like you anyway.
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #65
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to loopedout

I think everyone of you that are posting these pro Novak responses are so far off track its rediculous. Im not saying Novak is bad overall. Im saying I am having a problem with Novak and Novak needs to address it. If you want to promote Novak in general, start another thread. This has nothing to do with Charlie being at a race or anything. Point blank. I told them what I was told by Charlie, he was indecisive on the matter, leaving doubt. won't ? And yeah they sent a GTB speed control, big deal, makes no difference to me, still has a 5800 motor. It performs the same as the SS esc. Only difference I'm seeing with the GTB I got is that it works, where the two SS controller I got did not. I'd just as soon be done with Novak, I am just having difficulty selling the product I have. I posted that GTB up for sale with the 5800 motor for 180 shipped and didnt even get a bite. But never-the-less until Mr. Novak himself tells me through an email or by phone that this is how they do business, I'm not going to leave it alone.
This could have been handled many different way by Novak and a better outcome. For one had Charlie told me 70 to upgrade to the gtb/3.5 I would said Ok. I was prepared to pay what he said, if they dont want to charge me then thats their problem, I never asked for a discount. I only called to see if there was an issue with the 5800 systems and if we could get it resolved. My original conversation with Charlie was pleasant and I wasnt really mad in the least. Them giving a GTB controller does not shadow the fact, in any way, the FACT that I was told one thing and got another.
This is all about accountability, what I was told should have been upheld.
Im waiting patiently for a call from Mr. Novak to end this. He has my number. He has my email address. Seems it would be pretty simple to take 5 mins and settle this issue, why he is not I don't know.

Last edited by loopedout; 02-12-2007 at 02:27 PM.
loopedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #66
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

So let me get this straight. You sent in a supersport speedo 2 times and Novak decided to send you a GTB speedo as a replacement...a $30 dollar upgrade for your trouble.

All novak had to do was replace your supersport. However they went above and beyond and sent you a better speedo worth $30 more. I just dont understand how you got screwed??

The reason there are so many people on here being pro Novak is because Novak is doing the right thing. You on the other hand are acting like a child!

Feel free to continue acting childish because the owner of a company won't call you

You sir need to step into the real world
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #67
Tech Master

You people wear me out, I really hope this happens to you from any company so you will understand. So basically if I tell you people that I'll mow your yard for 30 bucks , then I just mow the front youre going to love me for it. Yeah that makes sense. But seriously, thanks for the bump while I was out, I glad youre off topic post is keeping this thread at the top .
I guess the real world is where you go to a car dealership and they guys says yeah for x amount you get that car there with chrome wheels and after you pay you walk out and say hey thanks for hubcaps! You mental midgets amaze me with your thoughts. I guess we will start letting murders off because they did good deeds during their life. " He was always a nice guy, who cares he had a body in his freezer, hes such a nice guy" lol

Last edited by loopedout; 02-12-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Its more like this......You bought a lawnmower...it didnt work so the company gave you a new mower and came over and cut your lawn to try and make thing better

You think your doing damage to novak by continuing to complain but all you have accomplished is to prove your an idiot and novak has great customer service
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:11 PM   #69
Tech Master

You have to be kidding me. So what you're saying is Novak doesnt have to follow through with what they say, just as long as they send you part of what they said. That makes things right??, you are insane sir. Get off the glue, your response is so rediculous I can't even accept it as an unbiased opinion.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:26 PM   #70
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopedout
So what you're saying is Novak doesnt have to follow through with what they say
They did follow through with what they said.

Like you posted earlier, "I know I was taking notes during my call to him and I know that paper says Charlie- Novak $30 get a gtb/3.5 write on warr card that he said to do that." is not proof otherwise. Sorry looped!

When you come back from dream world, let us know!
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:32 PM   #71
Tech Master

No they didnt follow through at all. You guys must be ringers for Novak, every other forum this is posted on I'm getting an opposite opinion.
Subject: asking for your opinion
Date: Monday, February 12, 2007 7:22 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i agree 100%.... in fact, they should at a minimum return you a brand new unit and refund all your shipping costs... at the very minimum.

but, if they agreed to a small fee upgrade, then they should be held do it. If the guy that told you that doesnt have that authority, they should either keep him from talking on the phone, or fire him, and then honor your agreement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Monday, February 12, 2007 7:23 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What company? But yeah, they did you wrong.

Date: Monday, February 12, 2007 6:42 PM

i'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. the company screwed you
Date: Monday, February 12, 2007 8:38 PM

hell no, they are in the wrong and know it... and basically if they want to keep their good name of customer service they should practice what they preach...
Date: Monday, February 12, 2007 9:00 PM

Glad i'm not the only one that has had a problem with them.....i bought a new unit for my RC thru them and it worked for bout 2 hours and blew...had the same problems with them and did exactly what sneaky said and went thru my Card company and got my money refunded and got a new unit just like sneaky said climb that ladder and you would be amazed with what happens

Good luck
You better not let Gabe or TM see this, thy will never let you down.

Surprised there was not a post asking how sneaky would handle this type of situation...lol

I personally would not of have paid anything, shiping to them or back. Did you buy it thru Novak or a distibuter? Did you pay with a credit card or check?

The distributer should of have stepped up at a minimum unless you bought it thru Novak directly. I would find someone really high in Novak and talk to them. First you bought a "new" unit that had a failure right out of the box. That warrants another "new" unit, not a refurb.

I would tell them if they can or wont send you a "new" unit then you will file a dispute with your credit card company. I promise you that your credit card company will stand behind you and Novak will not want to mess with a charge back and prob make it right.

Climb that corp ladder and you should be able to get them to make it right.

Last edited by loopedout; 02-12-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #72
Tech Adept

Default Novak im not happy

Dear Loopedout,

Since you decided to make your problem a public issue on this forum, I felt it necessary to answer you in the same way. Novak and its employees provided a fair solution to your service situation. In addition, we have waived the $30 upgrade fee for a service that you have indicated that you do not appreciate.

The company policy is to not upgrade an SS motor to a Velociti 3.5R motor. This policy was followed by Charlie and this was explained to you by our Service Manager. As you have heard from some of our customers on this forum, Novak has an excellent reputation for both product quality and customer service.

I fully stand behind our staff, and I do not appreciate the manner in which you have treated our employees on the phone and on this forum.
I am sorry that you feel that you were not treated fair but I feel that we not only treated you fairly but we went beyond that by waiving the $30 charge and taking the extra time to get your product back to you before the week end.

Sincerely,
Bob Novak
Bob Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #73
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopedout
No they didnt follow through at all. You guys must be ringers for Novak, every other forum this is posted on I'm getting an opposite opinion.
Man, I wanted to stay out of this, but I'd love to know what forum you made those posts on..I find it ironic that they are all made last nite within 3 hour window...Pretty impressive...

Novak stepped and honored its warrenty issues...Cut the crap and let it go...

NO manufactured, whether its R/C or real cars, will offer you a warrenty replacement AND a refund on shipping..Hell, even the TV Infomercials tell you shipping is not refundable...

Let it die man...You wanted Bob Novak, you got him posting here - but wait, you probably think that is someone trying to keep the "boss in the dark", huh?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Bob your a first class act in my book
Old 02-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #75
Tech Master

Guys, this is a much more simple issue.

The original problem here is it's assumed that I told this person one thing.

For the life of me, I cannot think of a good reason that I would promise this customer one thing, and not make sure it was done. I've done special things for customers in the past, but we alway wright it down and note it on the invoice.

There ARE NOTES on your invoice indicating the $30 fee for the GTB. NO promises were made otherwise. I rember you calling and telling me all about your dad and him wanting to quite, Then at the end when I explained aobut the GTB and it "working" with all our motors, you made a big point about asking me if it would work with the 3.5 and 4.5. I never said Sure I'll throw in the motor for free.

You're right, if you had been promised something and then we backed out fine. That was not the case. I never made any promises to you about a motor. JUST the ESC as we have done with everyone else that has had similar problems.

I can Claim that I called a company and their Rep promised me something. I can. Like right now. I just called Toyata, and the guy said if I went down to the dealer and stood on my head for an hour I'd get a free Toyota. Well I did, I went down to my dealer, stood on my head for an hour and guess what..... No Free Toyota.

Really though, I thank you sir, you've made it very clear that trying to be nice to people is not a good idea. Just gives you more to fight about.

Have a nice R/C Life, and I hope that your future purchases work out better for your sir. Really I do. For the sake of my fellow Customer Service Reps.