R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Carey
I ran the new rims the past weekend at the Canadian Challenge and they were simply amazing. Parma did a great job on these. No problems with them at all the whole weekend. Thanks Paul.
Same here, they are just as good if not better then any other wheel i have run this season Man if only they came in chrome and autographed by seaball
Old 04-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Same here, they are just as good if not better then any other wheel i have run this season Man if only they came in chrome and autographed by seaball
man, you need to call Paul, mine came in, and they were the seaball edition....all blinged up with an official autograph on a gold rim.....

they ain't called dubs for no reason.....
Old 04-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #93
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Just tried the Pro 53 rims for the first time this past weekend. All I have to say is "Fantastic!" The car was a absolute dream to drive with frightening cornering speed and minimal tire wear.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:52 PM   #94
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AChupp2

What size do the 1/12th Scale Pro 38 front and rear tires come out of the package at?
Old 04-08-2007, 08:54 PM   #95
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Good to here mcgreevy..... after this weekend ill get a chance to try out some of the tires also. What did you run, magenta all around ?
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #96
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Parma Tires TQ'd and won 19 turn 1/12 scale again at Oceanside RC Saturday. Thanks for the great shoes Paul.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:36 AM   #97
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Yep, Magenta all around.
USVTA Member #211

Old 04-09-2007, 06:41 AM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Originally Posted by AChupp2
What size do the 1/12th Scale Pro 38 front and rear tires come out of the package at?
The fronts are 1.87 and the rears and 2.09.

Do you think they should be made smaller out of the package?

Paul
Old 04-09-2007, 06:43 AM   #99
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Nice Job guys!!!

Glad you like the new tires.

Paul
Old 04-09-2007, 06:59 AM   #100
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As long as we can one pass them Paul...haha.

This is what i have figured based on trying the pro 53's, regular Parma's, and wraps. (All of this is with 19 turn)

I could run the same fastest lap with all 3 tires, but was least consistent with the regular sized Parmas (cut at 55mm) I ran the others at 57mm as that seems to be the somewhat ideal size. My car feels best with either pro 53 or the jaco wraps (i think this is mostly due to the rim stiffness since i spaced them out wider to compare with Parmas older rim), however overall it seems better with the narrower stance.

On a new set of jacos i can get 4 runs before they are shot, with the pro 53 i had left from the Fastcats race, i got around 5 more runs before they were junk, on top of the 3 i ran them there (8 run total). I would say that the first 2 runs for jaco were ideal, and the first 3 or 4 for the 53's were ideal. I was getting 2 to 3 good runs on my regular parma's.

My conclusion is that the 53's last longer and feel just as good as the wraps do, and they surpass the wraps (in longevity).

The biggest down side is that they should so be chrome and called dubs...LMAO
Old 04-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03
Nice Job guys!!!

Glad you like the new tires.

Paul
I was only able to run one a couple heats with a set (magenta's all the way around) b/c I was comparing to the 26mm Jaco wraps, and I can say I was just as fast with the dubbs as with the wraps. I did have to not let the Paragon soak as much, as I felt the 53's actually had more grip - this might be due to the 28mm width compared to the 26m wraps I was comparing

It is almost crazy how big the rims are! I will be playing with longevity here this week. I am curious to see how many good runs you can get on them. I had cut mine down to 58mm just to play with in club racing.

I can say I think these are the real deal!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #102
Tech Elite

With the big rims, you do have to raise your roll center, I found, which makes complete sense. Bigger tire at same ride height = much lower roll center. I tried them with the same roll centers I had with small rims and the car was a bit too planted. This was, though, with them cut to ~59.5 mm (had about the same amount of foam as a 57 mm small rim does). By the time the tires got to 57.5 mm at the end of the night, the car became more free every run and was extremely fast.
USVTA Member #211

Old 04-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

the dubs have more sidebite (grip) than anything else out there, which in addition to the geometry that brian noted, will make the car roll more. i am certain that we will see some setup changes for the new wheels. (unless your car sucked to begin with )

so far so good, though. if vegas is like last year, there won't be anything better than these.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:34 AM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
the dubs have more sidebite (grip) than anything else out there, which in addition to the geometry that brian noted, will make the car roll more. i am certain that we will see some setup changes for the new wheels. (unless your car sucked to begin with )

so far so good, though. if vegas is like last year, there won't be anything better than these.
Couldn't agree with you more there Mr. Cockswell.

The Pro 53s definitely have a ton more side bite than what I am used to. The main setup changes have been everything to free the car up. I haven't run the standard rim stuff that much lately as all testing has been done lately with the Pro 53s.

Just like Haynes said, longevity is there and they are a heck of a lot less likely to "peel". Pro 53s are good stuff. Great alternative to a 2 stage tire with the handling characteristics of a 2 stage tire.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:48 PM   #105
Suspended

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03

Do you think they should be made smaller out of the package?
I think you should make the package bigger and raise the price.

Most guys will pay top dollar for a bigger package.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote