Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:53 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
castle will make it right. I have been pretty impressed with there customer service.

Now wyd, since you appear to be in the know, give me one nod for yes, two for no (Joe, DON'T LOOK!) that the Mamba Monster Max will be released by may this year.
Yeah CRASH knows way more than me. My best guess is that it will make it out this year. I plead the 5th if it don't make it by years end.

I'm here to try to answer as many things as I can to help Joe out. He has alot of other forums to go on, emails, tech calls, warranty stuff, and so on. He is just one person with alot on his plate so I'm trying to help out when I can and if I know the answer. Joe needs t know about every single product they sell and how to use them and thats alot of product to know inof on thats for sure. Problem is that list is growing ever larger all the time which is a great thing to consumers but just adds more to Joes plate. Joe I hope you are a big eater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
Yeah CRASH knows way more than me. My best guess is that it will make it out this year. I plead the 5th if it don't make it by years end.

I'm here to try to answer as many things as I can to help Joe out. He has alot of other forums to go on, emails, tech calls, warranty stuff, and so on. He is just one person with alot on his plate so I'm trying to help out when I can and if I know the answer. Joe needs t know about every single product they sell and how to use them and thats alot of product to know inof on thats for sure. Problem is that list is growing ever larger all the time which is a great thing to consumers but just adds more to Joes plate. Joe I hope you are a big eater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am. And I definitely appreciate you helping out on here B. 26 forums, ~20,000 emails last year, no idea how many phone calls, new product releases, software/hardware testing, going to shows, discontinued product head, etc etc etc...definitely a lot on my plate, and certainly more to come. Knowing you're helping out on here definitely gives me some peace of mind. Some exciting things ahead...
Old 01-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yep, wyd helps out a lot. Joe is always busy and I am for the most part. But look for lots and lots of new and exciting things to come from Castle in 08!

Later,
Old 01-23-2008, 01:56 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well we'll see what happens. MMM sounds like a good way to jump into the 1/8 sized track near my house w/o that damn nitro

R
Old 01-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

just saw this posted:

Our Monster Max
system should be available in March[/u][/i][/b]. With these, the drive train of the
vehicle becomes the weak link, not the ESC.

--
Bernie Wolfard
Product Support Supervisor
Castle Creations
235 S Kansas Ave
Olathe, KS 66061
913-390-6939 Ext 123
Old 01-23-2008, 04:38 PM
png
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone care to explain on the throttle dead band adjustment?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by png
anyone care to explain on the throttle dead band adjustment?
Sure. We were getting calls from customers who had upgraded their transmitters only to find out that there would be a dead zone when they would pull the trigger (I was in this group as well w/my M11)...the motor wouldn't start turning until they had pulled the trigger for about 1/8"...the dead band adjustment eliminates this. You now have the ability to literally get the dead band to nothing...I showed my neighbor how tight you can get it with my M11. After adjusting my endpoints in the transmitter to get as close as possible to 1.000ms for brake, 2.000ms for full throttle, and 1.500ms for neutral I brought the adjustment in to "very small". I blew on the trigger (like blowing out a candle), and the motor moved the car about a foot and a half. So essentially it gives EVERYONE, no matter what transmitter, the ability to adjust their ESC so it immediately responds to throttle input. Let me know if you have any other questions. Always happy to help.

Last edited by Joe Ford; 01-23-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Thats really cool. I was finding I needed to up my trim on my throttle with my DX3. I'll give that a shot instead.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
Thats really cool. I was finding I needed to up my trim on my throttle with my DX3. I'll give that a shot instead.
Definitely better to do it in the ESC than the tx. Adjust your endpoints in the transmitter until you're as close to 1.000ms for brake, 2.000ms for full throttle, and 1.500ms for neutral as possible (may take some time, unfortunately can't do it live), and then adjust the dead band til you get immediate response. If you can't find neutral with your trim you've tightened the dead band too much.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:03 PM

well w/my big mamba gettin part and the twitch of a nerve is not the issue. so much power i'd like a lil bit more lazyness, and sometimes 2 extra turns ha

R
Old 01-23-2008, 06:48 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
well w/my big mamba gettin part and the twitch of a nerve is not the issue. so much power i'd like a lil bit more lazyness, and sometimes 2 extra turns ha

R
If your racing offroad at PitStop this year will work on more lazyness for you.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:50 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CRASH
Yep, wyd helps out a lot. Joe is always busy and I am for the most part. But look for lots and lots of new and exciting things to come from Castle in 08!

Later,
I'm trying my best to help out but I have a ton to learn and after will keep learning as much as I possibly can. Joe and Tony work hard so us Castle users can play hard.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 PM
png
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Ford
Sure. We were getting calls from customers who had upgraded their transmitters only to find out that there would be a dead zone when they would pull the trigger (I was in this group as well w/my M11)...the motor wouldn't start turning until they had pulled the trigger for about 1/8"...the dead band adjustment eliminates this. You now have the ability to literally get the dead band to nothing...I showed my neighbor how tight you can get it with my M11. After adjusting my endpoints in the transmitter to get as close as possible to 1.000ms for brake, 2.000ms for full throttle, and 1.500ms for neutral I brought the adjustment in to "very small". I blew on the trigger (like blowing out a candle), and the motor moved the car about a foot and a half. So essentially it gives EVERYONE, no matter what transmitter, the ability to adjust their ESC so it immediately responds to throttle input. Let me know if you have any other questions. Always happy to help.
what to you mean " After adjusting my endpoints in the transmitter to get as close as possible to 1.000ms for brake, 2.000ms for full throttle, and 1.500ms for neutral I brought the adjustment in to "very small". "??

What the # represent and where to obtain this reading?

Last edited by png; 01-24-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by png
what to you mean " After adjusting my endpoints in the transmitter to get as close as possible to 1.000ms for brake, 2.000ms for full throttle, and 1.500ms for neutral I brought the adjustment in to "very small". "??

What the # represent and where to obtain this reading?
On the new software look in the lower right hand corner of the screen. It will show what you're currently calibrated for. See pic below.
Attached Thumbnails Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!-transmittercalibration1.jpg  
Old 01-24-2008, 09:00 AM

where shall i send the 'unit in need of a flash'?

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.