Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Ford
No, there's a separate board for the Castle Link that plugs into the receiver plug on the Mamba 25...you'd need it to plug the Mamba 25 in. It doesn't come with the Max.
ygpm joe
Old 11-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

well, lets say then i dont have posibility for USB programing and i dont want to buy more stuff...

i did some tests today , when i connect the battery, the mamba 25 makes 1 ring, waits a little and then 2 rings in a row, then it shows a RED solid light , no yellow

i make the calibration , all looks right, at the end , finish with the 4 rings for the neutral position calibrated, wait 1 second and 2 rings more to say its armed, then RED solid light again

i push the gun and red light start flashing but no motor movement, i push brake and red light flashing but no motor movement, when i leave the gun alone in neutral position , it shows red solid , should it be yellow? i dont really remember what light was for neutral when the ESC was workign right.

i also checkd the transmiter for not zero trim on throtle , it was indeed not in zero , but i changed to zero and repeat calibration... same thing , the motor is like dead ....

please HELP!
Old 11-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys.

I got a Mamba 25 Speed Controller here. It is connected to a Trinity Mini Cobalt Brushless and does not seem to work.

The Servo works fine, and everything. But when i try to accelerate or use reverse nothing happens. I have followed to instructions in the manual, and done step 3.1 i believe it is many times, and done it exactly to how the manual says. After setting the speed controller i still get no motion from the motor. I connected a brand new Dynamite C4 8000kv to it and same thing. So i checked both motors on another cheaper speed controller and it worked instantly.

What could it be???

Also could someone please tell me what wire does what on the Trinity motor. Which one is Positive, Negative and earth. I believe the Red is Positive, Green is earth and Yellow is Negative. Is this correct????
Old 11-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DrKucho - Try reversing the throttle channel on your radio and then recalibrate and see if that works. Also if your radio has a 70/30 switch for the throttle trigger switch, make sure its set to 50/50 and if not recalibrate.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nitrobuggies
Hey guys.

I got a Mamba 25 Speed Controller here. It is connected to a Trinity Mini Cobalt Brushless and does not seem to work.

The Servo works fine, and everything. But when i try to accelerate or use reverse nothing happens. I have followed to instructions in the manual, and done step 3.1 i believe it is many times, and done it exactly to how the manual says. After setting the speed controller i still get no motion from the motor. I connected a brand new Dynamite C4 8000kv to it and same thing. So i checked both motors on another cheaper speed controller and it worked instantly.

What could it be???

Also could someone please tell me what wire does what on the Trinity motor. Which one is Positive, Negative and earth. I believe the Red is Positive, Green is earth and Yellow is Negative. Is this correct????
you may have same problem than me, please describe how lights do when you throtle, reverse and stay in neutral

about the cables in any BL motor , what i know is : it doesnt matter which one is which one, just connect them to any cable coming from the ESC and if the motor spins reversed, just swap two cables and it will work fine , that's all you have to know ...i belive
Old 11-22-2007, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Super_Roo
DrKucho - Try reversing the throttle channel on your radio and then recalibrate and see if that works. Also if your radio has a 70/30 switch for the throttle trigger switch, make sure its set to 50/50 and if not recalibrate.
thanks i will check the reverse thing , but it shouldnt be the reason as it was working before ....

my radio is 50/50
Old 11-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

did the reverse test but didnt work , i also ccconected the mamba 25 to a diferent car with diferent receiver and controlled by a diferent transmiter, the thing wss doing the same , calibrated for new transmiter but problem still there

im doing all these things but i dont really see the point of the problem in the transmiter settings, it makes no sense, because the calibration is exactly for that , to adapt to your radio . so if the problem is a wrong setting in the transmitter, calibration should fix it , but it is not ....

help .... help , HELP !
Old 11-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Joe, will the sidewinder have a brushed profile as well? Or will it solely be a brushless system?

I have a GTX that I am going to sell, and another ESC that I can get a good deal on, but I don't want to buy it if I can get the Sidewinder ESC for $80...

Aahh... brushless conversion is so tempting.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

i found what was wrong.... my battery was discharged !!!!!

i think the red light instead the yellow one is saying that the lipo cutoff is not allowing you to thortle, if this is correct , it would be a good idea to include this in the manual

as well as correct the mistakes on the programing guide steps , cause it says rings in two steps but it should say beep, and some other wrong steps order in the calibrating secuence ...

sorry about my stupidity , i should check the battery before but it should not be discharged thats why i didnt think about this

still not 100% sure the problem is gone cause battery is still charging , but i think this is it
Old 11-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I thought about your dead battery thing today when my car was not working right When I hit the throttle my car would slow down and I tried everything to fix it Then after like 45min. I put my other LIPO in and low and behold the car was just fine I must of hit the discharge instead of charge and well !!! it said it was done!!!! so I put it in my car.!!! Now I know what happens when the LIPO cut off works like its suposed to, I set mine at 6.5 so no harm done. I just thought I would share that with you .......Mamba max rules......... even when you make mistake's.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Cooling fan

Hi I'm running a mamba max 7700 In a dirt oval car and when i gear it hard the speed control gets hot from no air getting to it. I checked it after a run and it was 290 degrees! Can someone give me an idea where to buy a cooling fan to put on it? I have seen them before but can't find one now. Thanks
Old 11-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by latemodel13
Hi I'm running a mamba max 7700 In a dirt oval car and when i gear it hard the speed control gets hot from no air getting to it. I checked it after a run and it was 290 degrees! Can someone give me an idea where to buy a cooling fan to put on it? I have seen them before but can't find one now. Thanks
nexus racing look under brushless motor acc i am using the intergy one.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by latemodel13
I've seen my MM's at 275F+ quite often...as long as the motor stays below 200F and your ESC isn't thermaling you don't HAVE to use a fan. If you'd like to though, it won't hurt anything.

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
Hey Joe, will the sidewinder have a brushed profile as well? Or will it solely be a brushless system?

I have a GTX that I am going to sell, and another ESC that I can get a good deal on, but I don't want to buy it if I can get the Sidewinder ESC for $80...

Aahh... brushless conversion is so tempting.
Yes, it will be brushed and brushless.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Ford
I've seen my MM's at 275F+ quite often...as long as the motor stays below 200F and your ESC isn't thermaling you don't HAVE to use a fan. If you'd like to though, it won't hurt anything.

Yes, it will be brushed and brushless.

Damn i guess the esc is 'Built Ford Tough'
Old 11-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Island Losi
Damn i guess the esc is 'Built Ford Tough'
it would not last long at those temps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.