R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 05-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #1471
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

theprocess - try red wire A, white wire B, black wire C. Ive run white wire A, black wire B, red wire C for quite a while now, little over 6 months with no problems whatsoever.

if you get cogging with the above mentioned wire setup, maybe change back to firmware 1.09 & see how that goes for you. it could also be the quality of the motor wires, are they brand new or have you used the motor wires that came with mm?
Drift Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #1472
Tech Regular

here are my settings, & my motor wiring

everything is basically stocko

it could also come down to what type of batt, batt plugs, etc. i had a problem with my mamba max where the switch would not engage to the on position properly, which would cause cogging, simple solution for that was to cut the thing off & solder the wires together.

I also had a problem with what batt plugs i was using. for the esc i was using a deans, but on the batt i was using a venoms style 'deans'. i noticed after a full run the venom plug would be very hot, & the esc was not getting the full power of the batt (orion carbon 3200). i since changed to real 'deans' for the batts & that fixed the problem...
Old 05-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #1473
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

ok so i know yall say dont use the 6900 or 7700 motors on 3s lipo. but why? i was thinking put a 6900 with 3s in my TC. swap my old LRP system into my buggy or something probably. i think that be sick fast.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:48 PM   #1474
Tech Regular

3s lipo w/6900/7700 exceeds the max rpm the motors can withstand, you could go ahead & try it, just at your own risk!!

I've seen some ppl running 4s lipo with the 4600...
Old 05-23-2008, 07:11 AM   #1475
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks Drift Demon.

Checked all the things you mentioned. Ive given up on trying to mate the MM esc with Orion motors. Just cant get it to work at all.
theprocess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #1476
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprocess View Post
Thanks Drift Demon.

Checked all the things you mentioned. Ive given up on trying to mate the MM esc with Orion motors. Just cant get it to work at all.
Mine worked running Orion 13.5 but not perfectly. It would cogg for a split second but once it started to move it ran them fine but it would always hesitate off the starts.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #1477
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Mine worked running Orion 13.5 but not perfectly. It would cogg for a split second but once it started to move it ran them fine but it would always hesitate off the starts.
Had any luck w/ Trinity Duo or Novak 13.5?
rockstar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #1478
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar81 View Post
Had any luck w/ Trinity Duo or Novak 13.5?
We do have a guy racing dirt oval in the 13.5 class using MM and the Duo 13.5. It only hesitates on ake off bu like my Orion once rolling it works great. The guy don't mind because he burned up a few other brand speedos and so far the MM has been the only one he didn't mess up (Sooner or later I imagine he will though)
Old 05-23-2008, 02:46 PM   #1479
Tech Elite

yeh i was worried about the RPMs.... and yeh i dont have 4s lipo. do have 3s though

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #1480
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
We do have a guy racing dirt oval in the 13.5 class using MM and the Duo 13.5. It only hesitates on ake off bu like my Orion once rolling it works great. The guy don't mind because he burned up a few other brand speedos and so far the MM has been the only one he didn't mess up (Sooner or later I imagine he will though)
I wonder how he has such good luck, I tried it with horrible results. When it would start it would take a minimum of 2 seconds to move sometimes as long as 5 seconds I tried all different settings with nothing really changing on either motor I tried.
rockstar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #1481
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar81 View Post
I wonder how he has such good luck, I tried it with horrible results. When it would start it would take a minimum of 2 seconds to move sometimes as long as 5 seconds I tried all different settings with nothing really changing on either motor I tried.
He might of had a second delay but that was about it. I have roughly the same type delay as well. I don't think I had anything special done as it worked about the same with my IB4200 packs and with my 4900 Trakpower packs.

Righ now I run offroad mod and it isn't a problem since I use Castle moors or I could use the Tekin Sensorless motors as well with no problems. I don't really go to ROAR races so running other motors at this time is not a problem but I know for some alot of touring car and dirt oval tracks run 13.5 classes so I see it would be a problem.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #1482
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Low_E

just an idea I had:

Why not making the software in the MM (of sidewinder) in such a way that you can actually tune up, not one but several personal programs.
Then you would only need a small button on the ESC with which you can the personal program you need.

This way, you would have the advantages of the very nice Castle Link-software (easy to use and program) ... and the advantage that you do not need to take a laptop to the competition, just in case your ESC needs some adjusting (as do LRP, Novak ... ESC's do)

Would be a great system I think.

Also, one other personal note: I prefer the linking via the servo-wire (through a small adaptor), which is very easy, over the use of a USB-port.
I know that I can use something as Velcro to attach the ESC and by so, making it easy to take out of my buggy (as I do with my receiver) but I prefer attaching it in a solid and permanent way. Also, my MM is attached to a little Aluminiumplate (*) and this helps cooling my MM by conducting the heat. The use of Velcro, which insulates the ESC, would prevent this.

(*) I made a little mod to my X10. (pic here
Old 05-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #1483
Tech Fanatic

Just a question,

I have a MM, and I haven't updated the software(fear of the dreaded BIOS lock). Does the software installed have reactive timing? where the timing advances as the RPM of the motor advances?

Also, will CC join the ranks of the Sensored clan?
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #1484
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailranger View Post
Just a question,

I have a MM, and I haven't updated the software(fear of the dreaded BIOS lock). Does the software installed have reactive timing? where the timing advances as the RPM of the motor advances?

Also, will CC join the ranks of the Sensored clan?
IF you look at downloading and decide to do that it shows you all the new updates before it updates so you can easily decide to not do the update if you don't want to.

As for the speedo you never know what Castle has up their sleeve. All I know for sure is they are always working on updating and new products overall.

Normally Castle won't promote stuff until it is very close to coming out as not to have people wait 6 months to a year like some companies like to do. If and when a product is very close to completion they will let everyone know for sure.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:18 AM   #1485
Tech Elite

is that why we waited so long for the MMM??? haha.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS