Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Old 05-19-2008, 10:44 AM
  #1456  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 148
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

How do you get a runtime close to an hour??
jawa is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 11:34 AM
  #1457  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
rockstar81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jawa
How do you get a runtime close to an hour??
If I had to guess a lower kv motor and a 6000+ mah lipo
rockstar81 is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 12:33 PM
  #1458  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,141
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Discharge at 1C
gulio is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 02:34 PM
  #1459  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

well i drift, with plastic pipe tyres, so theres really no strain being put on the motor, steering servo, or drivetrain. I run a vortex 7.5 with 4700 & 4800 lipos. racing is completely different to drifting, more strain being put on the motor/steering servo/drivetrain. If i strapped rubbers to my drifter, then i would be pulling 15min runtimes...
Drift Demon is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 02:56 PM
  #1460  
Tech Elite
 
streetracer745's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,291
Default

yes i can go to the same place, and run probably twice as many laps while drifting than i can with grip setup. this is all in a yokomo with an LRP system and 4500mAh nimh. obviously not CC but still brushless and a high powerd one too. drifting doesnt take near the power pulled from the motor. it works half as hard...
streetracer745 is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 03:23 PM
  #1461  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
theprocess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 183
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Anyone used an Orion/Peak Racing motor sucessfully with the new firmware?

Hooked up with all stock settings. Wired A tab - White wire, B tab - Black wire and C tab - Red Wire. All the motor does is cog. Wires got hot so I pulled the plug right away before anything over heated.

Any ideas?
theprocess is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 09:45 AM
  #1462  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Well just a little repost on how my Sidewinder system has been working for me over the last 5 months. Everything has been excelent and has never missed a beat til this weekend. Found the problem was simply the old connectors where worn out (these where not the new Castle bullets, these where the stock ones) which I knew would happen but wanted to see how long they would last for me. I got 4 months out of them. I ended up just cutting off the bullets and soldering everything wire to wire with some shrink tubing over each solder joint. Works flawlessly again.

Been running mainly the 4600kv Mamba motor except for 2 weeks with the 5700 motor in. My 4600 motor is coming up on 9 months plus of running and still works like the day I bought it. Its never been overgeared according to temperature checking or has the speedo. All in all the Sidewinder system has been totally reliable in my 2wd mod buggy.
wyd is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 09:47 AM
  #1463  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
chewiefttc4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bristol tn
Posts: 1,659
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by theprocess
Anyone used an Orion/Peak Racing motor sucessfully with the new firmware?

Hooked up with all stock settings. Wired A tab - White wire, B tab - Black wire and C tab - Red Wire. All the motor does is cog. Wires got hot so I pulled the plug right away before anything over heated.

Any ideas?

try putting the white (middle) wire on the middle post on the motor.
chewiefttc4 is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 PM
  #1464  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
theprocess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 183
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chewiefttc4
try putting the white (middle) wire on the middle post on the motor.
Still no go. All the motor does is stutter, even at full throttle.
theprocess is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 06:35 PM
  #1465  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
chewiefttc4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bristol tn
Posts: 1,659
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

maybe you have a burnt phase
try start power high. timing lowest.
chewiefttc4 is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 PM
  #1466  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 148
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default motor maintenance

Originally Posted by wyd
Well just a little repost on how my Sidewinder system has been working for me over the last 5 months. Everything has been excelent and has never missed a beat til this weekend. Found the problem was simply the old connectors where worn out (these where not the new Castle bullets, these where the stock ones) which I knew would happen but wanted to see how long they would last for me. I got 4 months out of them. I ended up just cutting off the bullets and soldering everything wire to wire with some shrink tubing over each solder joint. Works flawlessly again.

Been running mainly the 4600kv Mamba motor except for 2 weeks with the 5700 motor in. My 4600 motor is coming up on 9 months plus of running and still works like the day I bought it. Its never been overgeared according to temperature checking or has the speedo. All in all the Sidewinder system has been totally reliable in my 2wd mod buggy.
What kind of maintenance did you do on the 4600? I just ordered a 4600 sidewinder and a 7700 mamba. I am new to brushless.
jawa is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 10:58 PM
  #1467  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Drift_Buggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,662
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jawa
What kind of maintenance did you do on the 4600? I just ordered a 4600 sidewinder and a 7700 mamba. I am new to brushless.
Check this out http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=17&page=4
Drift_Buggy is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 04:58 AM
  #1468  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jawa
What kind of maintenance did you do on the 4600? I just ordered a 4600 sidewinder and a 7700 mamba. I am new to brushless.
So far only maintenance I have done is to take it out of the car and just wipe it off with a clean rag. I have not oiled the bearings at all since the end bearing is covered by the decal so no dirt gets in and end bearing where the pinion goes on is covered by my gear cover it don't really get too dirty. The bearings have factory grease in them. I never spray ouot bearings I leave the factory grease in them and maybe add a drop of oil from time to time depending on the condidtions I run it.

Just keep it geared that the motor is under 175 degrees and you shouldn't have many issues.
wyd is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 05:56 AM
  #1469  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
theprocess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 183
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chewiefttc4
maybe you have a burnt phase
try start power high. timing lowest.
I tried start power at high with normal and high timing...still nothing.

"burnt phase" what exactly is that? motor or esc problem?
theprocess is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 07:33 AM
  #1470  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

I ran the Orion 13.5 with my MM. It wasn't perfect but once it got moving it was fine until I would stop and then it would hesitate til it was moving and it would be fine. I will have to look at how I had it wired up.
wyd is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.