Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hard wire so i use the switch, and as long as your trigger is at neutral when you turn on there should not be a problem.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Brake:50%
Reverse:20%
Punch/Traction: Lowest
Drag: 20%
Start power: medium
Cutoff: Auto-lipo
motor timing: lowest
Throttle curve: set to curve setting, and dragged curve line at 50 mark downwards a bit.

Any help or advise would defenitely help fellas....thanks
Go back to the factory default settings and start there. Then let us know if that helps.

Later,
Old 01-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aaron P
Is this anytime you use the switch, or mainly in instances as described in the tuning guide, where say...you've adjusted the drag brake with the radio, and if you used the switch, it wouldn't see the throttle as being in a neutral position and so you have to set the trim back to zero before you turn it off? Or is it something that you would have to potentially completely re-calibrate each time?
Our you referring to the Mamba Max or Mamba 25?

Later,
Old 01-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's a question. The ESC knows time, and it knows the motor's rotational speed. Why don't you just add an adjustable rev limiter to the ESC's programming? This would allow people to run 3s lipo on the 7700kV motor without it blowing apart. Admittedly, the release of the 6900kV motor will render this feature less important.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

The 6900kv is still only rated at 2s max.

As far as a rev limiter that would be completly up to the eingineers.

Later,
Old 01-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am buying the mamba maxx 7700 package , I want to run the orion platnuim Is this a problem ? ANd what pinion should I run? I will be useing a Lazer ZX-5 .
Old 01-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J C F D
I am buying the mamba maxx 7700 package , I want to run the orion platnuim Is this a problem ? ANd what pinion should I run? I will be useing a Lazer ZX-5 .
No the Orion Platnium will not be a problem, it is a 2s li-po.

As for gearing will you be racing or playing? If racing what size track and what kind of traction does the track have? Also are you sing the stock spur gear?

Later,
Old 01-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

OOps sorry to leave that info out, I will be mostly just playing , but might do a race or 2. Yes in the beginning I will be useing the stock spur. Unless you suggest I get a different one. I want the most out of the mamba package. ANd the track is a loose traction track. I havnt been to it yet but will be when the weather permits.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J C F D
OOps sorry to leave that info out, I will be mostly just playing , but might do a race or 2. Yes in the beginning I will be useing the stock spur. Unless you suggest I get a different one. I want the most out of the mamba package. ANd the track is a loose traction track. I havnt been to it yet but will be when the weather permits.
I would recommend starting with a 16 or 17 tooth pinion and go from there.

Later,
Old 01-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi CRASH. Any further info on the 6900? I take it this is not the IFMAR legal motor?
Old 01-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Info on the 6900kv

Not sure if any of our motors are IFMAR legal I now they are not ROAR legal, so I presume they are not IFMAR.

Later,
Old 01-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Hi Crash
I have an Esc that want power up??
It will power and receive info with the pc link but no led's etc etc when this is removed> tested the on/off switch but still nothing.

Any thoughts

Tony
Old 01-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sounds good Crash. My time for brushless has come!
Old 01-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CRASH
I would recommend starting with a 16 or 17 tooth pinion and go from there.

Later,

Thanx
Old 01-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Angry Error Messages

I have had the Mamba Max 7700 system now for 3 weeks. I am very happy with the system overall, and still to fine tune to find the right speed Im looking for to compete with Novak 3.5R systems. However, two out of the 3 weeks, I have had serius problem with the MMX system suddenly being 'unable to write packet to ESC' mesages, and I cannot update or change anything on my settings. The software just seems to get messed up, and I have tried to uninstall/re-install software, and then plug the USB to ESC and PC to begin anew, but the ESC seems to always keep the old settings, and then flashes the red and greed LED lights simultaniusly and continiusly. If make any changes to my settings and try to send info to ESC, then I get the same stinking error message: "Unable to communicate with device. Cannot write packet to controller, unplug and reconnect USB device". I hate and fear this message as it tells me the ESC program is screwed up and there is no way to fix it by simply re-installing the program, or somehow resetting it; if you try to re-install, then when you plug in the USB to ESC, it somehow still retains the previous settings and bugs, and remembers them, and doesnt allow you to change anything because if you do, you get that anoying message! The first time this happened, I called Joe Ford, and once I told him what the message was, he immediately proceeded to replace the ESC for me, which was really nice...but 2 weeks later, here we go again...there must be some immediate fix to this problem. There must be a way to erase previus corrupt sofware or settings/bugs from the ESC and be allowed to re-install the software/firmware without like getting and brand new ESC and set to default settings. Now I am forced to miss out on another week of racing due to this frustrating issue....please help me. There must be something that can be done with having to go through the hastle of disconnecting the ESC and waiting for a new one to arrive 3-4 days later, reconnecting wires and setting up, and then having the fear that it will get screwed up again...there must be a fix/cure for this ASAP . Anyways, Mr. Ford, here is my info:

Yohan Hayyim
2750 N. 34th Ave, Unit 9H
Hollywood, FL 33021
954-643-0209
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.