Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 07:34 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetracer745
what about size? which one is smaller? the sidewinder has all the programming of the mamba right? you just need to get the linkage?
The length is the same size but the Sidewinder is about 2mm wider. Programming is the same. You just need the adapter like they use on the Mini Speedos to use Castle Link.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:01 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

:tweetles thumbs:

R
Old 02-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

So, any more news on new things coming from Castle Creations?

Really looking for two things:

1. Future of possible Race legal motors (if you want, just pm me too about it if that helps! )

2. Ratings on the Mamba Monster Max motors to be available.

Also, I know a guy who has issues with his mamba esc in his 1/18 scale. It still cogs and he also has issues with how the throttle seems to really take off at a certain point versus startup.

Anyone had similar issues and can post things to try?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

yes i am looking forward to a relatively high kv motor i nthe monster max lineup. something around 3000kv(higher then most big 4 pole motors...) my e-revo is waiting!
Old 02-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm thinking about getting a sidewinder combo for my B4. Whats this i hear about how you can program it without actually needing the PC cable? Manual programming or something?
Old 02-06-2008, 01:33 AM
Tech Initiate

All speed controllers can be programmed manually. I'm not sure how the sidewinder is done but the Mamba Max uses throttle and brake inputs on the radio. To be honest manual programming is the weakest point of the Mamba Max in my opinion.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Default MM with 13.5

At last nights race meet I tried the Mamba Max with the latest Feigao 13.5 motor (Roche Brand). No real supprises- very brief hesitation from a standing start then no problem at all, even when nailing it after slowing down for a corner (though there wasn't any really slow corners).

Indoor 1/10 touring car on carpet with foams. (high grip on a fairly flowing layout)
37mm rollout

Settings of note for the MM:
55% drag brake
0% punch control (this confuses me but 0% is the most aggressive.. I hope?)
Medium start power
13 Timming- which is between Normal and High

The hesitation from a stand still would be a problem for the serious racer as it could cost a place or two at the start of a race, It nearly did for me. But overall the combination exceeded my expectations and was quick without high temperatures.

Cheers
Old 02-06-2008, 02:57 AM

:yawns:

MRL Race #2 @ the Coliseum Feb 16

Carpet Winternats @ the Track Feb 23/24.

in addition to weekly action @ the Race Haus, and still i cant get any1 to answer an email for an update on a replacement mamba 25.

c'mon guys, u've been great, but why am i startin to understand those who come in here poppin off in frustration b/c they cant get any1 to help.

thx

R
Old 02-06-2008, 07:48 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Willy
At last nights race meet I tried the Mamba Max with the latest Feigao 13.5 motor (Roche Brand). No real supprises- very brief hesitation from a standing start then no problem at all, even when nailing it after slowing down for a corner (though there wasn't any really slow corners).

Indoor 1/10 touring car on carpet with foams. (high grip on a fairly flowing layout)
37mm rollout

Settings of note for the MM:
55% drag brake
0% punch control (this confuses me but 0% is the most aggressive.. I hope?)
Medium start power
13 Timming- which is between Normal and High

The hesitation from a stand still would be a problem for the serious racer as it could cost a place or two at the start of a race, It nearly did for me. But overall the combination exceeded my expectations and was quick without high temperatures.

Cheers
0% punch control is the most power so you where correct. You might want to try high start power to see if the hesitation is any less. I have a little hesitation at the start up to but didn't try near enough settings to find the way it would hesitate the least. My fault on that.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by stickman310
I'm thinking about getting a sidewinder combo for my B4. Whats this i hear about how you can program it without actually needing the PC cable? Manual programming or something?
Yes you can change the settings manually if you don't have a Castle Link setup available to you or a laptop at the races. The Castle Link lets you fine tune a little more but I been programming my Sidewinder manually with no problems.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Legend

It almost seems like the instructions on start power should go lower to reduce cogging if you don't have good packs.

This can get a bit confusing.

so any news on castle stuff becoming ROAR legal? Reason I ask is that when I sent Dawn a message about it, she didn't recall anything being submitted.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:13 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Cain
It almost seems like the instructions on start power should go lower to reduce cogging if you don't have good packs.

This can get a bit confusing.

so any news on castle stuff becoming ROAR legal? Reason I ask is that when I sent Dawn a message about it, she didn't recall anything being submitted.
It takes more than 2 weeks after ROAR approves brushless motors and specs. Remember the rules where setup by Novak to meet Novak specs(no real surprise here) so no Castle motor is going to meet that so if they want a ROAR approved motor they will have to start from scratch and make one which all takes time. AFter they make one they need to test them and then they would go to ROAR for approval.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to see a motor from Castle that would have the same KV (or close to it) as the 17.5. At a club level we need more hi quality motors for stock 1/10th and 1/12th racing, ROAR can do what ever they want it doesn't matter at a club race. We look at ROAR rules but we don't go by them. Call it a 2700<< that even sounds like a stock motor.
I race my 4600 with the 10.5 now, it's a little more but it's close to the 10.5 so we put them together.

Last edited by Lazer Guy; 02-07-2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by wyd
It takes more than 2 weeks after ROAR approves brushless motors and specs. Remember the rules where setup by Novak to meet Novak specs(no real surprise here) so no Castle motor is going to meet that so if they want a ROAR approved motor they will have to start from scratch and make one which all takes time. AFter they make one they need to test them and then they would go to ROAR for approval.
Curious, can ROAR approve specs that fit castle motors as well as tekin, and have those in conjunction to the Novak specs instead of having castle make a new motor?
Old 02-07-2008, 12:04 PM

really hard to get an update here. whether on ur speedo's replacement or on the speedo itself (reason it needs replacement).

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.