R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 12-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #1036
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11

I am looking for a system to fit in my recoil pro. which mamba would be good?
PHAT QUAD RACING, HPI/HOTBODIES, RATZAS, DARKSIDE MOTOR SPORTS, PARMA, Brown Engineering, ROBITRONICS, RC AMERICA, PANTHER, TEKIN, TEAM HOLY ROLLER, Rev Tech/Epic, RC AFRICA, HITEC www.browneng.org, DE wheels
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #1037

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well i gotta small mamba for my m18 (6800) to match my max (4600) in the b4.

its just disgustin what these motors do to these lil turds (just got sucked into them -- wilson would surely laugh if he found out i was runnin 1/18 sedan). consider w/practice tires and no setup, that we come up to frederick (indoor asphalt) for a charity and on this huge track (so huge i think our tires were cooling down such to make initial cornerin interestin) that we were already less than 1/2sec off Pro Stock TQ laptimes. reigle this translates to jr's best at 10.51 to gee's 1st rd best of 11.00. eventually he dipped into 10s.

just insane, sounds like a stuka or 262 swallow during the war!!! ploppin mine in the pro right now (have a exotek r3 for stock class), we'll see how it goes.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #1038
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
well i gotta small mamba for my m18 (6800) to match my max (4600) in the b4.

its just disgustin what these motors do to these lil turds (just got sucked into them -- wilson would surely laugh if he found out i was runnin 1/18 sedan). consider w/practice tires and no setup, that we come up to frederick (indoor asphalt) for a charity and on this huge track (so huge i think our tires were cooling down such to make initial cornerin interestin) that we were already less than 1/2sec off Pro Stock TQ laptimes. reigle this translates to jr's best at 10.51 to gee's 1st rd best of 11.00. eventually he dipped into 10s.

just insane, sounds like a stuka or 262 swallow during the war!!! ploppin mine in the pro right now (have a exotek r3 for stock class), we'll see how it goes.

R
See once you got hooked on the Mamba for the offroad ride it was only a matter of time til the Green Beast slithered into your 1/18th scale.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:58 AM   #1039
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,
I have a tamiya ta05. Any idea on how i can install (squeeze) a mambamax on it?
On the chassis there is room only for a 4x4 cm esc!
Cheers.
Mattia.
aittam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #1040
Tech Apprentice

Another question. :P
What will be the new Sidewinder esc footprint?
Cheers.
Mattia.
aittam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #1041

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

any1 explain to me what coggin issues they've had w/their 1/18th systems. tryin to understand what it would feel/look like. i had 1 or 2 hits on straight last wk but nothin more. not certain on a short, radio hit, or other rare occurance. no temp probs. never got to 150F all nite.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #1042
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
any1 explain to me what coggin issues they've had w/their 1/18th systems. tryin to understand what it would feel/look like. i had 1 or 2 hits on straight last wk but nothin more. not certain on a short, radio hit, or other rare occurance. no temp probs. never got to 150F all nite.

R
You get cogging normally only from a start where it might hesitate or creep backwards before going forward. If you are in the straight and already moving you are not having a cogging problem. I would say you might have a radio hit. If you have Spektrum it could be a problem with some brushless systems on occasion.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #1043
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aittam View Post
Another question. :P
What will be the new Sidewinder esc footprint?
Cheers.
Mattia.
It is just a tad wider and about the same length. It should fit anyplace your Mamba Max did. I have my Sidewinder in my offroad buggy (Academy GV2) and now I just put in in my Schumacher MI3 with no problems. My buddy tested his Sidewinder in his B4 buggy. It is a little lighter than the Mamba Max.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:27 AM   #1044
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey all, I was running a MM5700 in my T4 with Premium Power 20c 2 cell lipo. I had alot of cogging.. so much so i would'nt dare take it to a race track. I changed out the 5700 and put a 4600 in, went up 2 teeth on the pinion and thought i would loosen the slipper 1/4 a turn for the hell of it. Since then the car hammers! no more cogging (thinking maybe roll out of a stadium truck with the 5700 was just drawing too much off the packs as i have used the same packs in a touring car with the 5700 and 6900 and never had cogging issues) and now if u get the car to say 1/4 speed then nail the throttle it just back flips! (was not as fun as it sounds to discover as i had the shell off while testing) can anyone think why this is so? i'm puzzled.. but it seems that the car is running better with more power on tap on the 4600 than the 5700.

Cheers,

Ben.
Phroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #1045
Tech Adept

Hello,

I've tried calling you guys unsuccessfully multiple times over the last ten days and have left both a phone and email message which have not been replied.

I bought a MM5700 from Starluck RC in fall 2006 with the 1.00 software. I figure I'm one of the first customers. I ran a few battery packs through it, then lost interest in RC due to our local inactivity and put it away for a year. After finding out my local hobby shop will resume races at the start of 2008, I took the car out and decided to change some settings through the software. I updated from 1.00 to 3.01 as recommended by your site, then attempted the 1.07->1.09 firmware update as recommended by the program. The USB cable was connected properly, but somehow the flashing attempt failed and left me with a dead ESC. The lights do not flash and it makes no sound beeps after turning on. I've looked around on forums and have seen that this is a fairly common problem.

It's been over a year since I purchased the system, but sadly it has had only roughly an hour of runtime on it. You guys can take apart the motor and notice how little use it's had. I don't feel I deserve to pay the $50 repair fee since this was in no part due to my error. I'd be really upset to pay the fee on a system that has had so little use whose problem is caused by your software error. Not to mention I'd have to wait at least a month for the turnaround either way.

Please get back to me soon.

Thanks,
Gary
LucentOptics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #1046
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucentOptics View Post
Hello,

I've tried calling you guys unsuccessfully multiple times over the last ten days and have left both a phone and email message which have not been replied.

I bought a MM5700 from Starluck RC in fall 2006 with the 1.00 software. I figure I'm one of the first customers. I ran a few battery packs through it, then lost interest in RC due to our local inactivity and put it away for a year. After finding out my local hobby shop will resume races at the start of 2008, I took the car out and decided to change some settings through the software. I updated from 1.00 to 3.01 as recommended by your site, then attempted the 1.07->1.09 firmware update as recommended by the program. The USB cable was connected properly, but somehow the flashing attempt failed and left me with a dead ESC. The lights do not flash and it makes no sound beeps after turning on. I've looked around on forums and have seen that this is a fairly common problem.

It's been over a year since I purchased the system, but sadly it has had only roughly an hour of runtime on it. You guys can take apart the motor and notice how little use it's had. I don't feel I deserve to pay the $50 repair fee since this was in no part due to my error. I'd be really upset to pay the fee on a system that has had so little use whose problem is caused by your software error. Not to mention I'd have to wait at least a month for the turnaround either way.

Thanks,
Gary
It sounds like the speedo didn't get all the new programming downloaded and if it didn't I would imagine that would cause your speedo not to work.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #1047
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks,
Gary
Thanks for the hi-jack. If you have been trying to call them over the last 10 days it has been XMAS AND NEW YEARS! incase u had not noticed yes i'm sure even the guys at castle have family although i doubt that you the demanding consumour would care. Castle's customer service is great and i have not had any problems contacting them with technical assistance and it anoys me that people use this thread to get some attention to their gripe. Have you tryed taking it back to the place of purchase???? before you get online and have a moan???? you will find your LHS will be most helpfull if u don't blast in there full of piss and wind demanding this and that and that its everyone elses fault.
Phroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:22 PM   #1048
wyd
Tech Legend

The beauty of the internet. People can get on and say whatever they please and like most small businesses and large ones for that matter can't spend all day searching every thread posted by people to respond to stuff like this. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find posts like this about almost any company in R/C or the US for that matter.

I never find it that hard to get ahold of someone at Castle. I do run for them but I don't have any special Bat Phone to get ahold of them.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:24 AM   #1049
Tech Adept

After the failed calls, I made a post in the electronics section where they referred me to this thread.

Sorry for being ignorant, but aren't businesses supposed to be closed only on Christmas day and New Years day, and not on any other day? That's sure how businesses around here work. CC's site says nothing about taking a "Holiday Break". My mistake for not reading every post here to see how CC's calendar works. My impression is that I call them in need when they are supposed to be open, but they are not.

I did not get this from my LHS so they can't help me. I bought it off a small brushless retailer called Starluck RC. It's a much better idea for me to go straight to CC.

Either way, that you for letting me know their schedule. I'm happy to find it here instead of on their website or on a pre-recorded phone message telling of their break. I will hope to reach them next week.
LucentOptics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #1050
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
After the failed calls, I made a post in the electronics section where they referred me to this thread.

Sorry for being ignorant, but aren't businesses supposed to be closed only on Christmas day and New Years day, and not on any other day? That's sure how businesses around here work. CC's site says nothing about taking a "Holiday Break". My mistake for not reading every post here to see how CC's calendar works. My impression is that I call them in need when they are supposed to be open, but they are not.

I did not get this from my LHS so they can't help me. I bought it off a small brushless retailer called Starluck RC. It's a much better idea for me to go straight to CC.

Either way, that you for letting me know their schedule. I'm happy to find it here instead of on their website or on a pre-recorded phone message telling of their break. I will hope to reach them next week.
The website did post that we would be closed on the 24th and 25th and then again on the 1st. I am sorry you are having problems getting in contact with someone. We were having a phone issue around the holidays due to the snow and ice storms. A lot of our voice mail boxes were not functioning as well as the system.

Did you try e-mailing? Send an e-mail to [email protected] or call him directly at 913-390-6939 Ext. 119

He will take care of your problem ASAP.

Once again sorry for your problems but we will take care of it.

Thanks,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote