Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Super_Roo
So whats the gossip on the New Sidewinder?

Sensor / Sensorless??

And the all important question - When can we have one (since I know you guys love to give us this information)?
We'll never do another sensored ESC...that's old technology. We stopped making them years ago. The Sidewinder is an entry level brushless system. Max of 3s lipo on the 4600 or 2s on the 5700...we'll also have another motor kv in the future...3600kv.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Joe Ford: What do you see as the advantages of Sensorless vs Sensored, and the other way around?

Also, when will a software update be out that will cut out the cogging when using Neu (4 pole?) motors with the Mamba Max.

Ready for my Monster Mamba Max!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Joe Ford: What do you see as the advantages of Sensorless vs Sensored, and the other way around?
Sensored doesn't cost me 5 seconds on the first lap while I wait for the car to decide to go forwards:
http://www.sarcarclub.com/07Carpet/S.../race4/19A.htm

<-- still running Mamba Max on my Novak 13.5, but only because I'm too cheap to buy another TC Spec.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Sensored doesn't cost me a Main run and $10 in parts:
http://www.edmontonrc.com/Pages/Race...ess_A_Main.htm
At the tone, my car didn't move, the car a few back put on a ton of speed and laid a hurting on my car.

So Castle, still interested in racing? What you have now isn't for racing.

-Adam Glatt
Old 11-09-2007, 10:57 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ran the Orion 13.5 again tonight with my Mamba Max but this time with a lipo pack. It only hesitated one time tonight but it was at the start of the main but I can live with that as it don't do it if I take a warm up lap and hit full throttle at least once during the warm up lap. Other than that it worked perfect all night with TQ and the win and also went from the track record fast lap at 11.87 that I set last week to 11.54 I did this weekend. At this point I'm happy.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:02 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by adamge
Sensored doesn't cost me a Main run and $10 in parts:
http://www.edmontonrc.com/Pages/Race...ess_A_Main.htm
At the tone, my car didn't move, the car a few back put on a ton of speed and laid a hurting on my car.

So Castle, still interested in racing? What you have now isn't for racing.

-Adam Glatt
I don't ever recall promoting that they make their stuff for racing or to meet ROAR rules. 90% of the people who buy Castle Creations products are not racers but backyard bashers and people just out to have fun. Are shop sells tons of Castle Products and other than a few guys running Mod Offroad or Mod Dirt Oval which don't have any rules on brushless in are area that is about it for racing other than me.

If you want to run 13.5 try the Orion as it is the best of the bunch when running it with the Mamba speedo. Not perfect but it works well.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:23 AM
Tech Regular

adamge - dont be a softcock, grab a vortex 13.5, when orion say they can work with both sensored & sensorless escs, they really do mean it!

I know patience is nearly out with the arrival of the new software update, but when it comes itll be the ducks nuts, a breakthrough in sensorless technology!
Old 11-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i understand what adamage is saying. i too im lookin top change my BL setup. not stalling or any thing like that but for the fast that it sucks the crap out my batteries. i would love to run 5 cell with better drivablity feel to accel and bracking..........

now on the other hand......i love CC for the 'build tough' durablity for there esc and motor. im interrested in LRP but hearing about the service is making me think other wise. im in the Caribbean and cannot afford to deal with warrent stuff with LRP. a guy here had a problem with his esc not braking and sent it in and got a new esc from CC in a respectable time.

maybe ill go with the orion 3.5 instead.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:08 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Island Losi
i understand what adamage is saying. i too im lookin top change my BL setup. not stalling or any thing like that but for the fast that it sucks the crap out my batteries. i would love to run 5 cell with better drivablity feel to accel and bracking..........

now on the other hand......i love CC for the 'build tough' durablity for there esc and motor. im interrested in LRP but hearing about the service is making me think other wise. im in the Caribbean and cannot afford to deal with warrent stuff with LRP. a guy here had a problem with his esc not braking and sent it in and got a new esc from CC in a respectable time.

maybe ill go with the orion 3.5 instead.
Castle has excellent turn around time on repairs. Well nice thing is brushless is in high demand so if you bought a 3.5 Orion and didn't like it you could sell it and not loose that much money either.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

The on/off switch on my Mamba Max broke today. Will it void the warranty if I replace it myself?
Old 11-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi guys i have manage to come up with another problem with my mamba system again first my ESC went got it repaired from castle mind you i live in barbados.
At club racing today placed my car on the start/finish line throttle it from the driver stand and the motor is getting on like i have a rock in the drive train take out the motor and it has a tight spot while turning the shaft like something inside rubbing or touching.
Anyone shared this experience.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

also i am in need of a motor and thinking on running the orion 3.5 with the mamba esc
does the motor carry the year warranty also.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

barber...yes, warranty on the motor and ESC is from 1 year from date of purchase. You have PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Any pics of the Monster Mamba Max available yet?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Super_Roo
The on/off switch on my Mamba Max broke today. Will it void the warranty if I replace it myself?
OK, I guess its not worth answering, maybe I'll get a reply out of Castle Support via email.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.