R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 09-26-2007, 10:29 PM   #871
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Well went to practice a little offroad tonight and run full brushless with my Mamba Max. Normally in touring I run the Max with brushed motors. Well I ran the 4600 motor geared 22/81 in my X6 buggy. I had a ton of power and would wheelie anytime I wanted. Car was fast and can easily be made faster.

Motor and speedo never got too hot even after 15 minutes of running on the track. Awesome stuff and best of all not motor maint. Just work on setup and go. I had a ton of rip. Most thought I was running the 6900 motor.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:06 AM   #872

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

amazin what happens when u get the power down. good thing i sized down to that. now bumps has insta-grip if u will, imagine hard dirt/clary w/loam dust on top that is pitstop. complete w/ruts and divots..............how any1 said i was nuts for suggestin that i was killin tires b/c of hp.....now there u go!

soon enuff i'll be in, rest of the onroad stuff is goin on for sale.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #873
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

any update on a firmware/software update to run sensored motors?
theprocess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:06 AM   #874
wyd
Tech Legend

Well finally raced with my complete Mamba system in. I ran the 4600 motor on the offroad yesturday. As from all other posts I normally run touring car with brushed motors.

First thing I must say is I had no maint. all day long on the motor and it ran perfect in the 6 minute heat races and never was very hot. I ran 4200 IB packs which worked great as well.

Car was very smooth and easy to drive as far as the power. I had the motor set to low start up with normal timing and 20% drag brake. THis was a nice combination on are track that deterorated thru the day and chunked and was loose.

Qualified 6th in the A and finished 3rd overall after being out of the offroad and buggy scene for at least 8 years or more. We had 15 mod buggies show up so it was a nice field of cars.

Great running brushless system and was really happy with the performance of the 4600. If I want more I can easily gear up the car some and tighten the slipper some along with driving a little more aggressive.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:58 AM   #875
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Good job wyd. My T4 is ready to roll.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:11 AM   #876

i wasnt as fortunate in that race sat. struggled mightly w/grip on that track which, as brian said, was goin away in spades each rd. they did sweep for main and that caused me to miss on the rear tires again. did make the bubble for the A on my 1st rd time.

still chasin the settings on the speedo and on the radio (again had to use my backup dx2.0 when my spek ant on my m8 failed again-did antenna mod last nite watchin that strange japanese GP), i must claim humility in that brian's trigger finger is much better than mine. too damn jittery and nervous, oh well.

yes 4600 had plenty of ponies to deal w/any1, i was a lil off on straight line spd, granted mamba was far from having a temperature. went up 1 tooth on the day, but decided enuff for now.

anyways back to the action. startin 10th i managed a great start and was 3rd by lap 2 missing all the 'disagreements over space'. again i was on the wrong tires and i paid for it. most people paid for it. the jumps were very harsh and ripped up so u really didnt know what u were gettin each time. i made mistakes and dropped all the way down to 7th, unable to run a stable pace. tried the tires i thought i shouldve run (and winner did) and i cursed myself afterwards. brian mightve been in w/a shout for the win had not a certain some1 who shall remain nameless bumped him outta 4th on the 4th lap i think. oh well, he didnt have the pace that others had but he didnt make another mistake the entire race, thus he gets 3rd. sorry b.

anyways, i didnt lock up the points title w/1 race to go. i have to show up to clinch (so nascar isnt it) and get my bowling trophy for my (and my mamba's) efforts this yr.

R
Old 09-30-2007, 09:52 AM   #877
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH View Post
Good job wyd. My T4 is ready to roll.

Later,
Thanks. THe green is killer!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:57 AM   #878
wyd
Tech Legend

Ryan I was geared at 22/78 after the 1st run where I was 22/81 but messed up the spur gear. I will stay with the 78 tooth from now on as most at least guys running the X6 use that. That gearing worked well for me. Not sure what gearing you are running.

The trigger thing is something you need to overcome. Learning to calm your nerves and just drive likes its practice is sometimes hard to do. Some have to concentrate more than others to do this.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:00 AM   #879
wyd
Tech Legend

My X6 buggy with Mamba 4600 in it. I will get better pics when the new body is painted and finished.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #880

well sadly i do have some natural shake (idk if its an ailment, or somethin we're plagued w/in my family)...so blame it on the rents i guess ha. i'll keep tryin, perhaps the m8's trigger and adjustments will help.

started 22/81, went to 23/81. (same b4 tranny). i did feel like i was runnin out a lil early compared to other racers both brushless and brushed. somethin to think bout. my motor wasnt complainin the entire day, neither was the speedo. open air blowin over caps courtesy of the 'porthole' really helps ha

R
Old 09-30-2007, 04:33 PM   #881
wyd
Tech Legend

Did you have your punch control turned up. I have mine at 100% and I thought you had yours around 60% unless you turned it up or I looked at something wrong on the Castle link when we adjusted your speedo the first time.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #882

so u did throw some PC in? thought u started at 0. i cant remember where i left off. i think i dipped to 30% and a slightly softer curve when i heard bout the sweep. mistake.

R
Old 09-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #883
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
so u did throw some PC in? thought u started at 0. i cant remember where i left off. i think i dipped to 30% and a slightly softer curve when i heard bout the sweep. mistake.

R
If you where at 30% on the punch control that will be why you where slow down the straight thats for sure.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:10 PM   #884
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

came off the track today and my esc temp was 225 C and motor 198C. (no fans or heat sink) somehow i think thats a little too high. is it???
Old 09-30-2007, 06:27 PM   #885
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

tryin to catch someone are u
JR Z1,Orion 4300Mah,Ib 4200Mah,Ice,Rp,Trinity.
Race Prepaired & Driven By TEAM DRIVER (BARBER)
barber is offline   Reply With Quote