R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 07-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #721
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodace View Post
I just got a Mamba Max 6900 ..For my TC4. I tried racing it this past Sunday.. Am using a M11..

At the beginning of the race I mashed on the throttle and the car didnt go...Also during the race it stuttered and then went...I used the default profile with 30 brake and 30 drag brake... Motor timing was set on nomal.... Any thoughts on why this would happen.... Could the speedo be bad...
Try removing the connectors and directly soldering the wires together also are you running spektrum?

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:08 AM   #722
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

no spektrum*

Could the speedo be bad?
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:18 AM   #723
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to stickman310
Default MM ESC Q's

Hi guys,
I was thinking about buying a MM ESC but I wanted to know a few things first:

- Can the esc be used with properly with sensored motors? I've heard rumors that it can but is stuttery on take-off. I've also heard that Castle is working on some software update to make it work perfectly with sensored motors. Is this true, and will the esc be able to be updated if I but it now?

- Is it possible to wire it so that you don't have to solder when you change from brushed to brushless motors? Like put corally plugs on all the individual wires or something?

- I also have a question about the MM motors. I realised from pictures that the wires that connect to the motor are sort of shrink-wrapped and you cannot see where they are soldered. I was wondering if it is possible to cut away the shrink-wrap to replace the wires if they get too short.

I'm sure I'll think of some more questions soon, but please reply asap as I need a new ESC.

Thanks.
stickman310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:56 AM   #724
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

-It can be used with 'sensored' motors if you are really, really desperate. I reported how well it works in this thread. The 'working on updated software' promise turned out to be a lie. The only question on that one is, how deliberate was it?

-Uh, that's how the ESC and motor comes (4mm bullets on the ESC and motor wires).

-Nope. When the wires become to short and/or ugly to be useful, motor goes in garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman310 View Post
Hi guys,
I was thinking about buying a MM ESC but I wanted to know a few things first:

- Can the esc be used with properly with sensored motors? I've heard rumors that it can but is stuttery on take-off. I've also heard that Castle is working on some software update to make it work perfectly with sensored motors. Is this true, and will the esc be able to be updated if I but it now?

- Is it possible to wire it so that you don't have to solder when you change from brushed to brushless motors? Like put corally plugs on all the individual wires or something?

- I also have a question about the MM motors. I realised from pictures that the wires that connect to the motor are sort of shrink-wrapped and you cannot see where they are soldered. I was wondering if it is possible to cut away the shrink-wrap to replace the wires if they get too short.

I'm sure I'll think of some more questions soon, but please reply asap as I need a new ESC.

Thanks.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #725
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
-It can be used with 'sensored' motors if you are really, really desperate. I reported how well it works in this thread. The 'working on updated software' promise turned out to be a lie. The only question on that one is, how deliberate was it?

-Uh, that's how the ESC and motor comes (4mm bullets on the ESC and motor wires).

-Nope. When the wires become to short and/or ugly to be useful, motor goes in garbage.
Unless you work for Castle you have no idea on what is being worked on. All I'm at liberty to say at this time is you are 100% wrong.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #726
Tech Addict

- As wyd sayd, we cannot answer about the software..

- Wires? Yes, I did a 3to1 connetion with thre bullet connectors for the neg- soldered to the motor. A Y wire with a female and male bullet conector (one for the ESC battery wire and the other to the battery) and solder the end at the brushed motor. I will send pics if you want

- DOn't know.
J@UNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #727
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to stickman310

Pics would be great! Just post em up.

And what do you guys do with the USB port to unsure that dust doesn't get inside it? I read on the BYT review that they just put electrical tape over it but I don't like that idea.
stickman310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #728
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

would it be possible to use a mamba max 5700 in an e-maxx or other 4wd MT? i saw a video of an e-maxx with a 5700 in it and it seemed to do ok on 12 cells. is that possible or would it be hard for the motor?
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #729
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Joe Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
You owe me a beer when we prove this wrong...just so you know.
Joe Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #730
Tech Regular

streetracer...no, you'll want to wait for the Monster Max for 1/10th scale monster trucks and 1/8th buggies/truggies.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #731
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

when does it come out? i saw one thing about it on the castle site. a long time ago. but havent seen anythign recently?
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #732
Tech Regular

It's in development...we don't do estimated release dates. You never know when something you're inventing is going to be done. No person has ever done it before.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #733
Tech Regular

probably asked alot when will the next firmware update be out?????
C_Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #734
Tech Master

I look forward to that day, my friend. Even more so than the firmware's release day.

-Adam
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #735
Tech Regular