R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 05-28-2007, 08:07 AM   #571
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by more$thanbrains
anyone
YGPM.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:13 AM   #572
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer745
i am currently building a 1/10 electric truggy. im using the tamiya dark impact as a base chassi and am planning on lengthening it, using 7 cells, and using pro-line holeshot tires. i was wondering what the best motor would be for all aroudn good performance. i want either the 6900 or the 7700, but im nto sure if either will do very good with the setup. which motor would yall suggest i use?
Why do you want to lengthen it? Just curious. Are you racing or playing?

I would go with the 5700 or 6900 for racing and either the 6900 or 7700 for playing.

Any particular reason why you want to run 7 cell?

Later,

Whats up Brian!
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:41 AM   #573

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

went back to linear curves and softening the response via expo. got a lil better start this time just, prolly mostly on just b'g smooth and profitin off others crack-ups. hotter weather forced me to go down a tooth after a heat where i felt that on 2 occassions the car sputtered (thus i slowed down last couple laps).

now for most part its back to tryin to make this losi work and be able to fight agains the herd of b4s and the x6 that wins every wk

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:45 AM   #574
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Hey CRASH. Hope your having a nice holiday weekend.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:05 AM   #575
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

im not going to be racing the truck, there isnt even a 4wd buggy class here, and no one has even seen a 1/10 electric truggy. it will msotly be bashign and some fun at the track. and considering i can tune it down some if i need to, i think i will go with the 6900

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:01 AM   #576
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What kind of run times could you expect from a 2SP 7.4v 4700mah lipo with a MM 5700 (ball park) in a xxx-s on a small, flat and very smooth track?

Also is it ok to run a brushed motor on the MM ESC with a lipo?

Cheers,

Ben.

Last edited by Phroz; 05-29-2007 at 07:13 AM.
Phroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #577
Tech Fanatic

I haven't had time to read all the previous posts.....so sorry if this is a repeat....Can there be an adapter made to utilize the "easy to use" programming port? I really like my system...it helped me take #2 in the RCPS brushless class this year..BUT having to unmount the speedo to tune for track conditions isn't what I'd call "easy to use".

Castle Creations......can you help us out???
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #578
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to more$thanbrains

is it the mamba max 1/10

if so just a normal usb cable aslong as its the right size from walmart or whatever will do the trick
more$thanbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #579
Tech Fanatic

It's the 1/10 scale Mamba Max and the cable isn't the problem...In the three different chassis I've put them in the port is blocked by the (insert anything here). I was wondering if a link to the receiver was going to be availible simular to the way the 1/18 stuff is done or a small 90 deg adapter to aim the cable up istead of on its side.
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #580
jaz
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You can probably find some sort of 90 degree USB dongle at a computer store. I agree that having the port on the short side of the ESC or having a 90 degree cable would be far better than having to mount the ESC the long way just to have access to it while it's mounted in the car.
jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #581
wyd
Tech Legend

Default Full Throttle Motorsports race at 301 Raceway

Well ended up running 19T this weekend at the FullThrottle race. Qualified in the 3rd position of the A. Had some bad luck in the main getting bumped around alot and finished 9th. The car was way better than a 9th spot thats for sure. My Castle Mamba Max provided me with excellent performance all weekend. It was flawless all weekend and very smooth in the brushed mode.

Mike Haynes fellow Castle driver ended up winning stock and 19T so it was a great weekend. Congrats Mike on your fine driving.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #582

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well goin back to a plain linear curve was a big help. still turned way down on expo but nonetheless better. still want 20-30% PC (tried 0% and it was just a tick much). still not sure if my gearing is what the motor wants though (losi CR 18-19/86 mamba 5700). havent had my temp gun in the past 2wks so i havent been able to temp.

goin down to low timing mightve been a mistake, think i'll go back to normal. i made this change b/c i feared the high temp and humidity would put it near thermo. thoughts?

still pluggin away at it. unfortunately also dealin w/a car that isnt on par yet w/the b4s or even the old XXXs for that matter.

R

PS-BTW, what was in the new 3.0 update?
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:13 AM   #583
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
well goin back to a plain linear curve was a big help. still turned way down on expo but nonetheless better. still want 20-30% PC (tried 0% and it was just a tick much). still not sure if my gearing is what the motor wants though (losi CR 18-19/86 mamba 5700). havent had my temp gun in the past 2wks so i havent been able to temp.

goin down to low timing mightve been a mistake, think i'll go back to normal. i made this change b/c i feared the high temp and humidity would put it near thermo. thoughts?

still pluggin away at it. unfortunately also dealin w/a car that isnt on par yet w/the b4s or even the old XXXs for that matter.

R

PS-BTW, what was in the new 3.0 update?
You will have to try pretty hard to thermal this speedo. I would just put on gearing that makes the motor run fast with good laptimes. Once you get a gearing you like then keep that as a base gear and then keep adding teeth (1 or 2 at a time) til you either get too fast for the track layout or your laptimes start getting slower. If that happens then gear back a tooth or two. I don't think running at PitStop will you ever get the speedo to thermal unless you run alot of packs back to back with no time to let anything cool down.

I have a few ORL races coming up where I will be running brushless with either a 4600 or 6900 Mamba depending on what track I'm going to. Might get a 5700 to. That will cover me for any place I will ever go plus the 6900 is more than likely faster than I will ever need to go.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #584
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thx for the props Brian, too bad we didnt get to yankout the BL's...woulda been fun on that big track!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:51 PM   #585
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid View Post
Thx for the props Brian, too bad we didnt get to yankout the BL's...woulda been fun on that big track!
No problem. You busted your rear and worked hard for the wins. I would of been fun on that track for mod thats for sure. Maybe next time will get to mess with some mod BL.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)