R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 04-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #436

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well after gettin used to a 2wd buggy again the previous wk, i went out w/some friends in this nice weather we're havin out to the outdoor track where many people apparently had the same idea. well yeh perhaps their motors were faster (didnt futz w/the curves or settings just somethin i could use), but it was comforting not having to touch the motor the entire day. lil drop of marvels on the bearing i could actually see (guessin no way to lube the outer bearing?) and thats it. still workin on gearing.

after a warmup and 6min heat or race, i'd come off about 16x/16x ( temp was pickin up higher temps, but i felt those were comin off batts, not speedo) or so. is that warm for this setup or not? still tryin to see what ratio should work best b'g new to BL. current setup is a xxx-cr w/a 5700 setup and IP4200s (gp33s for practice), current ratio is 18/86. i started with 16/86 (what i got for the 7700, its the smallest ratio that will fit on the CR), seemed quite short. didnt have 17 avail so straight to 18. pulled harder down straight, but again b'g new to BL -- i wanted to consult others on their thoughts bout a 5700 sys in a 2wd bug on a track w/a straight that cant be more than 100ft otherwise tight. (www.pitstophobbies.net)

thx, keep up the good work.

R

Last edited by ultegrasti; 04-22-2007 at 05:53 PM.
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #437
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

CRASH you get those pics? I will get ahold of you and Joe sometime tommorrow if at all possible. I have 10 appointments so it is going to be ugly on Monday for sure.

Once again my Mamba Max speedo running in brushed mode was dialed and once again performed flawlessly all weekend. The speedo works great and very pleased with it. Should be running it brushless in the upcoming weeks.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #438
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know anything about offroad, but I know that in onroad (carpet) touring cars, the Mamba Max 4600 and 5700 motors tell you they are being used properly when you start seeing temps in the 160-180 range on the motor.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 PM   #439
Tech Initiate

is it safe to use the mamba 7700 with a 3-cell lipo because on the cc site it says not to
mangobanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:11 PM   #440
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangobanana
is it safe to use the mamba 7700 with a 3-cell lipo because on the cc site it says not to
I would of assumed if it was safe they would of said "they can be used"

No it can cause damage to the motor due to exceeding the RPM limit of the motor. You will be voiding the warranty by usuing the 3 cell li-po

The 5700 motor is suited to these cells
Do you won't free Post on your items, PLEASE contact AUSTRALIA POST to confirm your eligibility and enter your code number here. Otherwise standard rates apply. Why don't people haggle or complain with o/s postage but always want local postage for free or moan like their left hand was cut-off, Come on guys Aus post do have set costs , it isn't the seller trying to rip you off.Items must be sold. All reasonable offers considered
addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:59 AM   #441
Tech Apprentice

forget it

Last edited by edracer1; 04-24-2007 at 10:47 PM.
edracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:49 AM   #442
Tech Master

ed, I can't see it happening. The only way to make such a motor is to build a motor that is intentionally horrendously inefficient. The design has to intentionally be terrible. That just isn't Castle's game.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #443
Tech Apprentice

edracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #444
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Ed I don't think Castle will make a 19T or stock type brushless motor because everyone wants to got faster all the time and I'm not sure but I don't think Castle is into making something to meet the rules that Novak is setting up for others to follow for ROAR. It is in the scheme of things a small segment of the R/C industry. Mini 1/18th's, plane, heli, and setups for 1/10th that just plain fly are what is big in the industry right now. Most stuff never really reaches the track as R/C overall is dominated by bashers and guys just out having fun.

Now could this change..........sure it could but I think Joe Ford would have to speculate on this a little more.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:08 PM   #445
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

Software update for sensored motors? Will this be out before the "other" guys actually release their long overdue esc?
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #446
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted
hey Crash

I have a MMEsc that has cross polarity on it. Are these repairable. Really dont want to send it over if it isnt. or is it worth while.

Will Joe be in the office Monday

Regards

Tony
Perhaps this may be quicker to send this Esc by post .
Do you won't free Post on your items, PLEASE contact AUSTRALIA POST to confirm your eligibility and enter your code number here. Otherwise standard rates apply. Why don't people haggle or complain with o/s postage but always want local postage for free or moan like their left hand was cut-off, Come on guys Aus post do have set costs , it isn't the seller trying to rip you off.Items must be sold. All reasonable offers considered
addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:36 AM   #447
Tech Regular

I have a few q's

Im getting a orion 3200 lipo, but i also wan to keep using my nimh packs. will the auto cut off work with nimhs, so i dont have to keep turning the auto cutoff on and off

It says the 4600 is equivelant of a 12t brushed. will a 4600 keep up with an 8.5 BL? Im just a bit concerned the 4600 might not have enough grunt...

I use my mamba max for drifting only. I have tried a 5700, which had plenty of oomph, but i think if i change to the 4600, ill be able to control the drifts much better than with using the 5700, and better runtime.

With my 5700 & a 8.53 ratio, drifting on abs tyres i got about 20mins out of my matched IB3800s, and about 30mins out of my matched GP4300s, does that runtime sound about right, because i thought id get a bit more...

And lastly, i have already asked this, but will hardwiring the motor to the esc void my warranty??

Thanks in advance...
What I need - Boss Motorsports 10.5, TRC LCG chassis, Ford F-150 SC body, Proline Protrac & a Brushless XXX-T CR MMP4600kv. Not alot!
Drift Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #448
Tech Initiate

would the mamba max system be safe to operate on 4cell LIPO's because in the user guide it mensions a setting for 4cell lipo
Old 04-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #449
Tech Initiate

for drag racing in something like this http://www.grandmotorsports.com/otherdrag.asp
Old 04-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #450
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Raydee

The manual says to use up to 3 cell Lipo only and 2 cells for the 7700KV motor.
Raydee is offline   Reply With Quote