R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 04-09-2007, 08:17 PM   #406
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmartin
Crash

Do you know of anyone trying the Mamba Max in a 12th scale yet? Any input would be great.

I ran this system in my T2 all indoor season and it was ballistic....and yes I could drive it. Won the club TC mod series.
Mike Haynes might have some input on that one. Mike any input?

Mike you going to be around for the 1/18th scale national? Joe mentioned you might be there.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:53 AM   #407
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Hey CRASH hope you and Joe have a good time this weekend. Will give you guys a shout early next week to see how everything went.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:05 AM   #408
wyd
Tech Legend

Hey Mike have you run the Mamba setup in your new JRXS-R car yet?
Old 04-12-2007, 07:47 AM   #409
Tech Elite

Welcome to the team Brian.

Later,
Old 04-12-2007, 07:59 AM   #410
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
Mike Haynes might have some input on that one. Mike any input?

Mike you going to be around for the 1/18th scale national? Joe mentioned you might be there.

Later,
In reference to my 12th scale testing it has been so long since i ran the MM in their i forget the gearing and whatnot...i do belive i used the 5700kv with regular timing and med start power.

As for the mini trucks race...HELLLLLLLLZZZ yea il be up there friday to get some practice.

Yes i have run the MM in my Losi, i use it to practice mod before big races...get the power without the maintence...my preference is the 6900 setup...geared around 126/30 for the large track i run on. That is 10 turn BR gearing and the motor feels like a healthy 7.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:21 AM   #411
Tech Elite

Cool, see you tomorrow.

YGPM also.

Later,
Old 04-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #412
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I wanted to try running 5 cells with a 5700 setup. Should I leave the wiring standard or rewire to the 4 cell configuration?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:50 AM   #413
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
In reference to my 12th scale testing it has been so long since i ran the MM in their i forget the gearing and whatnot...i do belive i used the 5700kv with regular timing and med start power.

As for the mini trucks race...HELLLLLLLLZZZ yea il be up there friday to get some practice.

Yes i have run the MM in my Losi, i use it to practice mod before big races...get the power without the maintence...my preference is the 6900 setup...geared around 126/30 for the large track i run on. That is 10 turn BR gearing and the motor feels like a healthy 7.
Thanks Mike. I will try that next week or so when I go to race at Hobbytown in WestChester. I'm also going to run the 6900 motor.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #414
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee
I wanted to try running 5 cells with a 5700 setup. Should I leave the wiring standard or rewire to the 4 cell configuration?
Standard should be fine.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #415
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have stepped from a 7 turn orion to a brushless system now. a Mamba 5700. what would be a good starting point for the spur/pinion combo. the track has medium grip and the stright is 250 ft long with a technical infield similar to the track at the 2006 IFMAR worlds, many hairpins and hairpins at the end of the striaght in either direction. i guess i wold have to gear it high, so where would that be?
Island Losi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #416
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Trouble

I have a mamba max, spectrum DX3, trinity stock motor wired for brushed mode and a 4800 lipo. When I am on the throttle the mamba will jump to break and then back to throttle for less then a few seconds. It seams to be inconsistent. I have tried moving things away from the chassis. The receiver does not to seam to be glitching. Anyone have any advice?
Thanks
overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:21 AM   #417
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have had this happen to me before. Make sure that the mamba max ESC is set for the proper mode, brushed mode. It sounds like it is set to brushless mode right now.
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:42 AM   #418
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnin
I have had this happen to me before. Make sure that the mamba max ESC is set for the proper mode, brushed mode. It sounds like it is set to brushless mode right now.
Thanks for the reply!
It is set for brushed mode. I have had is set like that before and it is definitely not that. For instance, I was racing yesterday on a carpet track and was coming out of a corner onto the straight. When I rolled on the throttle and half way through the straight the throttle dropped and then came back on. And I also noticed it around the corners as well. When I took it back to the bench is when I noticed it jumping from green light to red on full throttle just holding it.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #419
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This tells us all a little something about the DX3's quality and performance.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #420
Tech Regular

One thing i have noticed from reading on the thread is a common issue of wiring. I already have the motor wired directly to the ESC, and the white wire is floting. should i wire it for the second brushed option?
Also, i am going to try and clean my connections as well. i have had it for a few months now and havnt had a problem untill last week.