R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 03-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #361
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Ran 19T today with my Mamba Max in the high power brushed mode. It ran great and never missed a beat. Car had tons of rip all night long.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:50 PM   #362
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Any news on when the Mamba Max system will get the new software upgrade to be able to run Novak and LRP brushless systems?
I'm hoping that the castle 2.23 link can be fixed with the next update. I just had a max go inoperable while i was trying to change the profile from 3s lipo to 6 cell, it asked if i wanted to update firmware and i clicked yes, them it went inoperable. I'm hoping it's because its an older model (I actually got in castles line to get this one) I got an email sent to castle and awaiting for a reply, but if they say warrante is over i'll go elsewhere. It was the link that messed up the esc
crazyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #363
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to BigDaddyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Has anyone here tried running the MM ESC with trinity N60 BL motor? How well do they work together, and how does the motor compare with MM CM36 7700KV motor? Also, how much does the Trinity N60 motor weigh? No guessing, please, I just need the real numbers...thanks fellas
I ran it on Saturday night. The combo was pretty ballistic while it lasted, but then I ran into a few snags and my night came to an early end. I hope to get everything fixed up for another run soon. There was a CM36 on the track at the same time, and it was a pretty good fight on the straight power-wise. I'm a mod newb, so I can't comment on the feel relative to the CM36

I can weigh an N60 for you tonight. I'll get back to you on that.
BigDaddyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #364
Tech Rookie

hey guys, well I have a Team losi xxx-s touring car, all of my motors are on the way to the grave and once I save up some money im thinking about getting one of these systems. I have just bought a matched 3300 pack and also have 3000 unmatched cells, I will be using the car to drift, and also use normally in a car park, Im just wondering weather it is going to be worth while me buyin one of these motors if im not going to get more 5 minutes run time, so what im saying is which model if any would be the best?,, if so what gearing should I be using.

Thankyou for reading

Regards Dan
losi_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #365
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_dan
hey guys, well I have a Team losi xxx-s touring car, all of my motors are on the way to the grave and once I save up some money im thinking about getting one of these systems. I have just bought a matched 3300 pack and also have 3000 unmatched cells, I will be using the car to drift, and also use normally in a car park, Im just wondering weather it is going to be worth while me buyin one of these motors if im not going to get more 5 minutes run time, so what im saying is which model if any would be the best?,, if so what gearing should I be using.

Thankyou for reading

Regards Dan
Well gearing will ultimately help determine your run time along with your batteries. Since you will be drifting you don't need to gear it for speed and the brushless system will have plenty of power to spin your drift tires enough to slide all over the place. Also depends on which system you go with but I can imagine needing any more than the 4600 or 5700 system.

Gearing wise you will need to mess around with but I would start around 9.0 final drive and work your way from their. Never did drifting before but after you run once or twice you can change the gearing up or down to suit your taste plus change all kinds of settings on the speedo to dial it in for what you need for drifting.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #366
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dan, in my 5-minute touring car races I use around 2400mAh from the pack (motors are 4600 and 5700 Mamba Max).
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #367
Tech Rookie

Ok thanks for the replys, Im debating weather to go for the 5700 or 6900, probably more towards the 6900 for the performance. Looking at video clips of these motors all of them seem very quick for electric cars

Dan
losi_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:47 PM   #368
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to BigDaddyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyT
I ran it on Saturday night. The combo was pretty ballistic while it lasted, but then I ran into a few snags and my night came to an early end. I hope to get everything fixed up for another run soon. There was a CM36 on the track at the same time, and it was a pretty good fight on the straight power-wise. I'm a mod newb, so I can't comment on the feel relative to the CM36

I can weigh an N60 for you tonight. I'll get back to you on that.
N60 weighed in at 155g without wires. 170g with the included wires and bullet connectors.
BigDaddyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #369

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Just finished building this new CR and installed a 7700 system, wanted to go 5700 but they were not in stock at the time beginnin this mth. all i can say is...

...i've never been afraid of an RC, til now.

even just shakin it down (checkin diff tightness) with it geared for a small indoor track, on a 4200 charged last wk, low timing, full decrease on torque control, and pulled down the curves just a tad.....till this thing went bout 15ft then snapped over when power came thru over onto its lid, almost makin the full flip (like that fella w/the 4wd) then slid on the wing for another 15ft. good grief!!!! how i'm gonna get this thing to work on a low traction track idk. perhaps shoulda held out for the 5700. oh well.

the castle software worked just fine. i did see where 1 fella couldnt set his points after the throttle setting. i couldnt either. when i updated to 1.9, then i had full manual control of settings. i think i've reached a new level of 'dorkdom' in b'g able to plug my car up to a computer and make adjustments.

brian has a good pt, a 19T and stock class equiv motor would be a great thing for the TC market where many are lookin for any cost cutting measure (no pun) but still decent power. on top of that give those techheads ability to 'plug in', they'll think their on the grid at the DTM.

very pleased with the unit and look forward to tryin to harness this PCP-injected elephant motor.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #370
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyT
N60 weighed in at 155g without wires. 170g with the included wires and bullet connectors.
Thanks for the info bro. Wow- 155g w/o the wires...the Novak 3.5 is 197g without wires...the CM367700 motor is about 198 without wires also...I just need to know how the Trinity N60 compares to the NOvak 4.5R motor and the 3.5R as far as torque and speed...where does it rank among the 4.5R and 3.5R?

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:50 PM   #371
Tech Apprentice

Hi,
I have the mamba max 7700 combo,and am very happy with it,apart from when i start to rev it ,as i move the throttle from start,it starts smooth then jumps up to more revs,so the throttle response is not smooth.I have tried adjustments on my handset ,Futaba 3VC,and on the esc,also through the computer,but still cannot smooth out the throttle response....any idea,s??

Thanks,simon
sunktothenutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:25 AM   #372
wyd
Tech Legend

Another great weekend running my Mamba Max in 19T. Only thing I did that was my fault was not having the brakes turned up enough on the speedo and didn't have my laptop with me to change it to where I wanted it. Not a huge deal but I really could of dialed my car in a little better if I just took a few seconds more to lad my computer in the car. Good thing I have a spare cheapo just getting setup for use with my Mamba Max system.

Speedo was barely even warm after a 5 minute run in 19T. Motor was cooking a little but it had mad rip all day so my Mamba didn't cheat me on power thats for sure.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:16 AM   #373
Tech Rookie

Is Castle Creations going to come out with a brushless motor equivalent to a 19T brushed?

If not, which brushless motor does CC recommend that is equivalent to a 19T to run with the Mamba Max ESC?

This is for a FT TC4.
phresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #374
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phresko
Is Castle Creations going to come out with a brushless motor equivalent to a 19T brushed?

If not, which brushless motor does CC recommend that is equivalent to a 19T to run with the Mamba Max ESC?

This is for a FT TC4.
I would think the 4600kv is the closest to a 19T but the 4600 is still faster overall.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #375
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Crash, please check your pm box. I sent one almost a week ago with a cogging issue. I am hoping it is a setup problem. I am going to call castle this week if I can't get it figured out, thanks!
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote