R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 02-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #226
Tech Adept

Cool, thanks. Can't hurt to ask right?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #227
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
The motors will be roar legal very soon. The owner of Castle is taking an active role in helping to re-write the roar rule book. It has to do with motor size I believe. Not 100% sure.

Later,
So this is "DEFINITE" Crash. Or is it still hear say.As there is going to be a lot of dissappointed people if this want be the case...
The statement does imply that that are going to be legal yet you say Castles is takeing an active role which still appears to be doubt??

I see that it took hardly no time for the Sintered rotor to be accepted and re=written into the rules and regulations though

-tony
Do you won't free Post on your items, PLEASE contact AUSTRALIA POST to confirm your eligibility and enter your code number here. Otherwise standard rates apply. Why don't people haggle or complain with o/s postage but always want local postage for free or moan like their left hand was cut-off, Come on guys Aus post do have set costs , it isn't the seller trying to rip you off.Items must be sold. All reasonable offers considered
addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #228
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted
So this is "DEFINITE" Crash. Or is it still hear say.As there is going to be a lot of dissappointed people if this want be the case...
The statement does imply that that are going to be legal yet you say Castles is takeing an active role which still appears to be doubt??

I see that it took hardly no time for the Sintered rotor to be accepted and re=written into the rules and regulations though

-tony
Tony,

Yes Patrick is working with ROAR to make the changes necessary to make these motors legal as well as improving the rules that are in place.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #229
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Tony,

Yes Patrick is working with ROAR to make the changes necessary to make these motors legal as well as improving the rules that are in place.

Later,
Thanks Crash for clarifing this.

As mentioned it didnt take long for the other company to have the rules re-written so i am ssuming this will be the case with the Mamba??

This will certainly have a big impack now on Sales i am sure

-Tony
Do you won't free Post on your items, PLEASE contact AUSTRALIA POST to confirm your eligibility and enter your code number here. Otherwise standard rates apply. Why don't people haggle or complain with o/s postage but always want local postage for free or moan like their left hand was cut-off, Come on guys Aus post do have set costs , it isn't the seller trying to rip you off.Items must be sold. All reasonable offers considered
addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:29 AM   #230
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I recently found out that the mamba max only supplies something like 4.8 volts out to the rx? As I understand it this is semi common with speed controls, but some do put out 6 volts. The fixes are, either a reciever pack or some sort of universal bec? I dont want the added weight of a reciever pack, so how big and heavy is a ubec? Where can I get one?

I would like the full performance my sevo is rated for, and suspect it might help the rx as well. The application is a xxxt (yes i know this is an onroad thread).

I vote for a 6 volt output on the next model, or a firmware fix if possible
So was my question dumb, something that has been covered several times, or didnt it make sense to you all? I was hoping someone could shed some light on the whole voltage out to the rx thing.
yamrz350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:31 AM   #231
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Cutoff voltage does not affect performance, it is basically there to keep from damaging your li-pos.

Motor timing, normal is the best setting. Setting it higher is harder on the motor and batteries as well as the esc. Creating more heat. Having it set on the lowest will help if you are having stuttering issues and will be easier on the motor, batteries and esc. Lower temps.

Start power does really effect performance of your battery at start up. If you set it on high you are dumping all the battery has to offer right to the motor. Setting it on low dumps very little and medium is in between. High is extremly rough on your cells, low is very nice and medium is a little abusive.
Only mess with this if you are runnnign the top cells on the market, otherwise you will kill the cells very quickly.

Hope this helps.

Later,
So I have a few more questions now then. Why was it said by Shawn Palmer and other multiple people that cutoff voltage affects performance? Are they wrong? Are you 100% SURE that cutoff voltage does not affect performance? Either they are all wrong and you are right, or vice versa.

Motor timing, setting it on higher is harder on the motor and batteries and ESC, so what does this mean performance wise?? Does harder mean faster or slower or WHAT?
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:04 AM   #232
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yam, if you want 6v for your servo, I recommend this:
http://dimensionengineering.com/ParkBEC6v.htm

I would prefer a 6V BEC on the ESC. But, 0.09s and 100ozin @ 4.8V is probably enough in a touring car, so I'll keep running it as it is.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #233
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Well this weekend will be my first weekend running Caslte Creations products. I will be running their speedo with brushed motors this weekend and looks like during the summer season I will run either the 6900 or 7700 brushless motor in 5 race points series. Looks like its going to be a great 07 season of racing.

Can't wait to try the speedo out. Just going to be great running something a little different from everyone and the adjustability it will have. Having one speedo to do everything is going to be a real plus.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #234
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Tony E mail and PM returned.. Thanks.....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #235
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thanks,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:49 PM   #236
Tech Rookie

Default Question on the MM ESC with lipos

How safe is it to use the "Auto-lipo" cutoff setting on the MM ESC?

I'm only asking because I've read that other cutoff devices work by "detecting" the voltage of the pack, and if the pack is low (lets say 6.3v for a 2s) it will not work correctly because it will "think" that the battery has less cells than what it really has.

Also, is it ok to leave a lipo connected to the MM ESC once you turn it off for the day?

Thanks
phresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #237
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Apexs
Default windows x64

Just spoke to Joe about Windows xp pro x64 and castle link......

Bottomline it does not work with x64.

news scoop

theres a new version of castle link going up on the site soon
Apexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:05 PM   #238
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Apexs
Default castle link 2.23

the file download link is still pointing to version 2.22 so use this link,

http://www.castlecreations.com/downl...nstall_223.exe
Apexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #239
Tech Adept

Crash-

Any word back from the engineers on the BEC issue w/4 cell or the potential of data logging on the MM ESC?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #240
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Apexs, thanks. Downloaded, installed, and updated firmware on both. Just running a car lifted off the ground, I couldn't figure out what had changed. Hopefully the website is updated soon so I'll know.

-Adam
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote