R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 05-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #2236
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default punch control

hey how does the punch control work on the MM? Meaning if set at 90% does that mean it allowing 90% of the power through it, and holding ten back. or is that only allowing 10% and holding 90% back?

2nd question, the timing, if a NON castle motor is used can the timing still be advanced? Is this only done through speedo and not in the motor?

thanks Joe
gtsakiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #2237
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsakiris View Post
hey how does the punch control work on the MM? Meaning if set at 90% does that mean it allowing 90% of the power through it, and holding ten back. or is that only allowing 10% and holding 90% back?

2nd question, the timing, if a NON castle motor is used can the timing still be advanced? Is this only done through speedo and not in the motor?

thanks Joe
Lower values of punch control mean higher power; ie the stock 0% is 100% power, 10% takes a little off, 20% a little more, etc. I would try to keep punch control as low as possible, too much and the throttle becomes an on/off switch (Extremely soft on bottom, power surge in mid/top)

It depends if you run sensored(If you have a MMP) or sensorless. Either way, you can always advance timing in the ESC (with sensorless, you only change timing in the ESC). If you run sensored, you can change timing in the motor as well (and you have more ESC timing options also )

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #2238
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was wondering if one of the 3 CC 1/8th conversion kits will work with my MBX6 or RC8? If not how come there isn't one for the MBX6 or RC8? My race buddy has one for his jammin and I really like the conversion kit cause it has the two battery case which to me means evenly balanced. Thank you for your time and concern.
William "Q" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #2239
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is this thread dead? I hope it isn't and does anyone know the answer to my question about the conversion kits. Thank you for your time and concern.
William "Q" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #2240
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by totally losi View Post
I was wondering if one of the 3 CC 1/8th conversion kits will work with my MBX6 or RC8? If not how come there isn't one for the MBX6 or RC8? My race buddy has one for his jammin and I really like the conversion kit cause it has the two battery case which to me means evenly balanced. Thank you for your time and concern.
I'm not too familiar with the conversions Castle has out right now but I would say if you don't see one listed on their website for that specific car I would imagine they don't have one at this time.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #2241
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

OK I have a good one I just installed the 2200 kv into my revo about 6 days ago now i have been waiting on some lipos so ive been playing around with the 7.4 5000mah venoms x 2 that were in my old system well everything seemed to be ok till today when i was driving it around and all of a sudden it stoped, I walked up to it and its sitting there just glitching the more throttle i give it the more it glitches what in the world happens I have the spectrum telemetry setup and the motor never got above 110 degrees and there is a fan mounted on the motor as well the the one built into the esc any ideas,,, im thinking something fried... maybe the batteries. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #2242
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to goinbrokeracin

Does anybody here know if the fan on the 2 cell version has a temp sensor to only come on when it reaches a certain temp? I recently re-installed the fan and it does not come on when I turn on the esc. The blades move slightly and thats it. I wasn't sure if it only came on when needed or if there was a problem. Thanks. Bob
goinbrokeracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #2243
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbrokeracin View Post
Does anybody here know if the fan on the 2 cell version has a temp sensor to only come on when it reaches a certain temp? I recently re-installed the fan and it does not come on when I turn on the esc. The blades move slightly and thats it. I wasn't sure if it only came on when needed or if there was a problem. Thanks. Bob
The fan only comes on at above 150*F IIRC.

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #2244
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

does anyone know when there will be a new firmware update that will allow us MMP users to be able to keep up the the Tekin rs pro with VEGAS update?
Those tekins are much faster and have more punch than my MMP.

AE SC10 4X4/Tekin RX8/Pro4 4000kv
AE B4.1/ Tekin RS/ D3 17.5
LouDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #2245
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDawg View Post
does anyone know when there will be a new firmware update that will allow us MMP users to be able to keep up the the Tekin rs pro with VEGAS update?
Those tekins are much faster and have more punch than my MMP.
Hi
Did you download the latest firmware http://www.castlecreations.com/downloads.html
I got myself a MMP and just want to know what settings to try in cheat mode for 13.5 class or would someone share their settings. I'm running a 13.5 Novak Ballistic motor.

Thanx in advance
2Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #2246
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey, I'm running the MMP with a tekin 1900kv. Smartsense, start power high, bec 6v, 4s 35c 5500mah batteries. I'm running a futaba 4pk and r603fs receiver.

JR Z9100s servo, I notice even with my end points set perfectly the servo stalls out the ESC and I have no juice to move, most of the time from a stop but it also happens on landings with some steering input and just coming out of turns when the servo is returning to center.

Any thoughts? After some research I see the MMP struggles with JR servos...

If I add the CC BEC will that solve my problem or should I get a different ESC or servo?
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #2247
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I read that MM can run a sensored motors 13.5 and lower. Which motors are best? im running a slash with some nice matched nimh. thanks!
NorCalLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #2248
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

Hey all, Need some help with my MMP. I just got it on Friday, wired it up, went to calibrate it and it won't find neutral no matter what I do. Tried trims, hi points, different receivers, curves, everything. When I just turn the unit on, it does arm but then will only run the motor for one blip of the throttle then feels like it's cogging. I put it on the castle link and changed the dead band, bec, all that and it still wont calibrate neutral. Using a Helios with Spektrum Pro module and receiver. Any ideas?

Last edited by Glowster21; 07-14-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #2249
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowster21 View Post
Hey all, Need some help with my MMP. I just got it on Friday, wired it up, went to calibrate it and it won't find neutral no matter what I do. Tried trims, hi points, different receivers, curves, everything. When I just turn the unit on, it does arm but then will only run the motor for one blip of the throttle then feels like it's cogging. I put it on the castle link and changed the dead band, bec, all that and it still wont calibrate neutral. Using a Helios with Spektrum Pro module and receiver. Any ideas?
Anyone? I'd love to get this up and running in my SCRT10.
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:38 AM   #2250
Tech Adept

Default 2200kv monster slow?

Just helped a mate install the above in an e-maxx. full CC mamba monster esc and motor combo for it, using the original traxxas crystal tx/rx, and 2 brand new LRP VTEC 5300mah 40c lipo packs. Using a brand new thunder t6 charger.

It runs slower than the stock twin brushed motor set up

Has anyone any suggestions? The cells are fully charged and show so on the charger. The esc is calibrated correctly, and we get the green led at full throttle and brake. There is not enough power to even wheely.

This is infact the second attempt as the first esc was faulty and was replaced by (a very good customer service experience) Greg at CC. Thanks for that.

But we have no improvement over the brushed motors in speed, infact it looks slower.

I will try different batteries at a hobby store this week for him as that is the only thing I can imagine, but the cells are new! Lipos (LRP) don`t need cycling right?

Thanks
Shangrila is offline   Reply With Quote