R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 11-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #2116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsakiris View Post
I heard when you power up the MMM 1/8 the fan should kick on for a second. I have two MMM and neither of the two fans kick on during start up programming??????
I found the ESC will turn on the fan only if it doesn't see a signal from the RX. So try turning on your ESC without the radio turned on and see if the fan runs. If not, then definitely give Castle a call, you might have a bad unit/fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsakiris View Post
2nd question is, on friends MMM 1/8 when using the castle link, I changed the lipo cutoff to 12v, then logged out to try and now my fan is on all the time and no throttle.? Going back to defaults fixes but why is this happening???
I would highly recommend you use Auto-Lipo setting for cutoff. I've been using Castle products in cars, planes, and helis for years and the auto lipo is the best setting.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #2117
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to spurgear

anyone know if a team orion motor 2.5T would work with normal mamba max esc with no problems?
Futaba 3PK HRS with Digital Servos/ JLR Starter Box
East Civic 200mm
spurgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #2118
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurgear View Post
anyone know if a team orion motor 2.5T would work with normal mamba max esc with no problems?
I think a 2.5T motor would need more than 100A which is what the MM is rated at. You might need a 120A or 150A ESC.
PaPeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #2119
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurgear View Post
The Mamba Max Pro will run it. The Mamba Max will run it but since it is sensorless speedo it won't run it near as smoothly as the MMPro will wince it is sensored.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #2120
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone know if the fan can be removed/replaced on the MMP and how?

Also is the fan needed for stock (17.5) racing?

I got a loaner B4 (haven't driven 2WD buggy for about 17 years) for a event this weekend and the MMP doesnt fit under the body but it would if the fan was removed.

Any suggestions other than cutting a hole in the body?

Also I'm very disappointed that I didnt get any Mamba Max Pro stickers with my MMP, instead I got the same stickers I got with my Sidewinder. Some huge C.H.E.A.T. would have been pretty cool.

Might have to make some Team C.H.E.A.T. stickers for myself
Super_Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #2121
Tech Adept

Another disappointment, for me anyway.

I just went to the see what CC were going to nail me for the postage on the "free" Castle Link and its almost going to be cheaper if I were to just buy one and get it posted from a shop over there in the US. $26.50 (from Castle) versus $8.95 (elsewhere). I held off getting one when I ordered my MMP because I had heard about this great deal, not so great anymore.

Does anyone inside the US want the code for my "free" COUGH!!! Castle Link?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #2122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Roo View Post
Another disappointment, for me anyway.

I just went to the see what CC were going to nail me for the postage on the "free" Castle Link and its almost going to be cheaper if I were to just buy one and get it posted from a shop over there in the US. $26.50 (from Castle) versus $8.95 (elsewhere). I held off getting one when I ordered my MMP because I had heard about this great deal, not so great anymore.

Does anyone inside the US want the code for my "free" COUGH!!! Castle Link?
Check again i used my free coupon and thats just what it is, FREE! No shipping, just read the instructions a little better!
ABBOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #2123
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

SUPER ROO You can use it without the fan for 17.5 or 13.5. I ran both and the fan never even came on.(YES it works just didnt get hot enough for fan to come on) The 13.5 was in 4wd geared to the moon with cheat up around 30 and controller didnt even get over 115. Be sure to check motor temps as this esc will cook a motor if you are not careful with the cheat and run time!
ABBOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:18 AM   #2124
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABBOTT View Post
Check again i used my free coupon and thats just what it is, FREE! No shipping, just read the instructions a little better!
I did (see below(the later applies to me)) and didnt proceed to checkout because of the postage price was so high. I have since tried it and it has zeroed the total but still wont process my free order without credit card details. I shouldn't need to supply this info if its free.

"Castle will cover domestic U.S. POST shipping charges. Other means of shipment, including international shipping may require a shipping charge."

Thanks for the info about the fan, I might try it if I can figure out how it comes off.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #2125
Tech Master

I just don't understand why can't the Castle Link be included with my MMP. Its so tiny and won't have any effect on weight or package size. I submitted for my free unit last week and have not received any information if its been shipped or not. I am not gonna use the esc until the latest firmware is installed and becomes tweakeable.

All this hype about it being a great esc and all seems to be just that for now.. hype.

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
facebook.com/AllStarChampionship
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #2126
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanyde View Post
I just don't understand why can't the Castle Link be included with my MMP. Its so tiny and won't have any effect on weight or package size. I submitted for my free unit last week and have not received any information if its been shipped or not. I am not gonna use the esc until the latest firmware is installed and becomes tweakeable.

All this hype about it being a great esc and all seems to be just that for now.. hype.
What do you mean latest firmware gets tweekable? Can't you change the settings on it already? I know the castle link makes that easier but it can be done without. I have heard 0 issues with the MMP, so it seems it is a good ESC.

And the reason why they stopped putting in a castle link in the box, is because people like me that have 3 of them. The coupon is so people without can get one at no cost.

I think that castle needs to set up an ordering system through the distributors and shops, where if you are ordering one of there ESCs you can request the castle link to be shipped with it. Maybe a little check box saying "check here if you need a free castle link to be included."
marine6680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #2127
Tech Master

I'm talking tweaking CHEAT mode for stock motors.

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
Old 11-23-2009, 06:50 AM   #2128
Tech Fanatic

I'm getting the MMP, I have 2 MM ESC's and 3 cables. All I need is the Castle link adapter (I think) for the MMP.
Can I buy just the link adapter by itself ???
Or will there be one in the box with the MMP???
Thanks

Last edited by Lazer Guy; 11-23-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #2129
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Guy View Post
I'm getting the MMP, I have 2 MM ESC's and 3 cables. All I need is the Castle link adapter (I think) for the MMP.
Can I buy just the link adapter by itself ???
Or will there be one in the box with the MMP???
Thanks
When you get your Pro, there will be a coupon for a free one. Go to the link it says and enter the code it gives you. Fill in the blanks and CC information (it doesn't bill you), and in a few days you'll get just the link in the mail. Slick and fast and a really cool speedo to boot.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #2130
Tech Master

I've submitted for mine early last week. No indication from them whether its been shipped or not.

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy