R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 08-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #2056
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post
As long as you don't over or under gear.
Well, it's the stock gear so i think ti should be fine correct? My friend has one on his sprint 2 and it works great never gets that hot.
DriftWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #2057
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drperry Send a message via MSN to drperry Send a message via Yahoo to drperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftWoof View Post
Well, it's the stock gear so i think ti should be fine correct? My friend has one on his sprint 2 and it works great never gets that hot.
That's a 5.49 final drive..l You should be good, but a temp gun is always nice, lol
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #2058
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post
That's a 5.49 final drive..l You should be good, but a temp gun is always nice, lol
Temprature gun?

My stock yokomo MR4TC SD CMS has the front and back diffs locked. I don't think it'll heat the motor up. The motor gear is stock, i got integy heat sync for it. That's it. the hobby store owner said the only enemy of the brushes sidewinder combo or any brushless is heat so i want the heat to not come. This motor good for drifting?
DriftWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:32 AM   #2059
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drperry Send a message via MSN to drperry Send a message via Yahoo to drperry

Yeah, hobby shop probably has a decent little $15 one... Same as what the nitro guys use.

The motor will be good for drifting, no questions there...

On the right track, my tamiya silver can drifts my MR4TC beautifully... And that's with HPI V-Groove Pro Compound tires

Haven't tried it with either of my 5700s, though... My local track only runs 13.5/19turn and 17.5/27turn
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #2060
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So, after getting my ESC fixed, i was having the same problem so i was gonna send in my motor. Because i didn't wanna wait again to run my car, i ordered a new motor as well. Come to find out the battery setting was wrong and my motor is fine. So now i have two motors. CM36 7700kv and a CM36 9000kv. Pretty excited.
marooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #2061
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Beta Testing

TO: Anyone that did beta testing on the MMP

Can anyone still access the private forum? I was part of the first group and I did everything I was supposed to do, but I recently went back to give some updates with new motors and batteries I have been using and I can log in but I cant do anything else. Wyd can you still post or anything? Or is it closed altogether?
burnineyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:15 AM   #2062
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnineyes View Post
TO: Anyone that did beta testing on the MMP

Can anyone still access the private forum? I was part of the first group and I did everything I was supposed to do, but I recently went back to give some updates with new motors and batteries I have been using and I can log in but I cant do anything else. Wyd can you still post or anything? Or is it closed altogether?
I just posted so it is still an open forum for the testers.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:23 AM   #2063
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thats strange because I am a tester, I can access the forums and edit my posts, but I may not post anything new. I was in the first generation of testers, but I dont see why they would block me now....
burnineyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #2064
Tech Initiate

hooked up my mamba and it is running real rough and I was looking at it and the leds and when I give it throttle the green led comes on then about half throotle the red light flashes and it starts jumping between red and green like its getting mixed signals and wanting to hit the brakes any one know why this would happen????????????????????
pitstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #2065
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitstang View Post
hooked up my mamba and it is running real rough and I was looking at it and the leds and when I give it throttle the green led comes on then about half throotle the red light flashes and it starts jumping between red and green like its getting mixed signals and wanting to hit the brakes any one know why this would happen????????????????????
Hi,

I had some strange prblems with my MMonster also. After a run and cleaning the car behaved uncontrollable. I decided to give the inside of the MM a good look. After opening I saw that there had been an accumulation of sand on the bottum of the ESC. That became wet from driving and/or cleaning and seemingly shortcircuited some electronic parts.... After thorough cleaing everything behaved perfectly again!!

I also popped off the fan from the fan motor to clean the fan. After that it runs smoooth again! :O)

I am looking for a method of better protecting or maybe even sealing the bottum side of the MMM. Maybe some sealing kit (dieelectric ofcourse) But what can i use and how much must I take care of preventing heat accumulation??

Any ideas??

Rob
Old 08-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #2066
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired Racer View Post
I just ran my new, recently purchased MM/5700 in a Slash today and at the end of the third run I saw the board inches away from its case which was still velcroed to the chassis. One mini cap head screw is missing and the case screw holes appeared widened or stripped. A good reason other ESCs use full cases.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC Support sent me a new shell and screws; received the package 08-10-2009.
*STATUS UPDATE* Thanks CC Support!
Tired Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #2067
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a Sidewinder ESC that I updated to firmware v1.22. I have the motor connected to a Novak 13.5 brushless motor. I am using a Team Associated 5000mah 7.2v lipo (35C). I am using an M11 radio with DSS Airtronics receiver.

The motor never runs. It always cogs throughout the entire throttle range. It never gains any speed.

I have reprogrammed in many times, trying differant Start Power and Punch Control.

Nothing seems to stop the cogging. The cogging is so bad that the car will not even move.

Do you have suggestions on how I can eliminate the cogging, or get the motor to power up and run at full RPM?

thanks,
tim
rc_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #2068
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_speed View Post
I have a Sidewinder ESC that I updated to firmware v1.22. I have the motor connected to a Novak 13.5 brushless motor. I am using a Team Associated 5000mah 7.2v lipo (35C). I am using an M11 radio with DSS Airtronics receiver.

The motor never runs. It always cogs throughout the entire throttle range. It never gains any speed.

I have reprogrammed in many times, trying differant Start Power and Punch Control.

Nothing seems to stop the cogging. The cogging is so bad that the car will not even move.

Do you have suggestions on how I can eliminate the cogging, or get the motor to power up and run at full RPM?

thanks,
tim
I do not think you're supposed to use a sensored motor with a sensorless ESC. l think all Novak BL motors are sensored.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #2069
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I talked to Caslte before I bought this sidewinder and they said that it would work with either motor type. if you use a sensored motor, you do not connect the sensor wire to anything.

I discovered the problem. One of the solder joints in the connector between the esc and motor was really loose. I resoldered this and the motor worked great.

thanks for your help,
tim
rc_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #2070
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_speed View Post
I talked to Caslte before I bought this sidewinder and they said that it would work with either motor type. if you use a sensored motor, you do not connect the sensor wire to anything.

I discovered the problem. One of the solder joints in the connector between the esc and motor was really loose. I resoldered this and the motor worked great.

thanks for your help,
tim
Fantastic news to me!