R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 11-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #1726
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiefttc4 View Post
how could i apply for 1/10 sponsorship? all my cars are allready mamba equipped

i will continue to stick with castle products. even if they deny me.
The best way would like most places to send in a resume. I to would keep running Castle products whether I race for them or not. I never have any problems and to be honest I really like the products they make.

I actually bought a MM to run brushed for months before I even raced for them. I raced brushed motors for over a year with the MM before I ever ran brushless but now run only brushless at this time in offroad and possible dirt oval again if they start racing modified in my area.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #1727
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to chewiefttc4 Send a message via Yahoo to chewiefttc4

Well since your already in maybe you could give me the email of the person to contact.

And I still use a mamba max in my e rc8 when people see what esc is running it they are speechless
chewiefttc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:53 AM   #1728
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiefttc4 View Post
Well since your already in maybe you could give me the email of the person to contact.

And I still use a mamba max in my e rc8 when people see what esc is running it they are speechless
Thats cool. The MM is such a tough speedo. It seems like with a little caution they will work in the 1/8th. I know a small fan on them really helps keep the heat down when running those bigger 1/8th electric buggies.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #1729
Tech Apprentice

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Team driver Aaron Wilson laid it down in his Castle powered mod buggy and mod truck at the 2008 East Coast Mini Championships. I know he won 3 classes that I know of but I need to talk to him and get the low down.

I like to say congrats to my buddy for his great weekend. He is one of the nicest guys around and glad to see him do so well. He is a great asset to Team Castle Creations. He is a relentless promoter of the products and helps all others with and without Castle products. Great sportsmanship all the way around for a class act.

Brian
I would like to thank God for making this possible, my third grade grammar teacher, Bruce Lee and Vanilla Ice for the inspiration to keep trying when no one else believes in you... Just kidding

All I can say is WOW, thanks for the kind words my friend. In all seriousness though, it is the brotherhood of drivers that makes events like this past weekend at the 18th Scale East Coast Championships so much fun to participate in. It is the skills of my fellow team drivers that push me to excel and the support from Joe Ford and Castle Creations that keeps me equipped and on top of my game. This ECC 2008 was a big win for Castle because there was a bunch of Castle Drivers there and even more Castle patrons.

We had drivers from Canada, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania and North Carolina that I know of for sure. There may have been individuals from other states as well that I wasn't aware of.

You were correct on the stats. I entered 3 Off Road events and won each of the Open Rally, Open Truck, and Open Buggy. I was going to run the Open 2wd class too but I had to scratch due to transceiver issues. Castle was well represented in many other classes by many other drivers and I will try to post the podium results by the end of the week.

Thanks bro...and thanks to all that came to the race, it was a great time.

Castle Creations, Team Associated, Team Scream, Exotek, Driven Productions
Roozdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #1730
Tech Master

Congrats on the wins.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:57 AM   #1731
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)
Default mamba 6.8kv

i can not get the mamba to go into programming mode, it will set for a new rx but will not go into the settings. i followed the directions perfectly still nothing. i changed motors, rx-s batteries nothing. not at the moment willing to buy the software version do to it running on windows. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
zfmrchnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #1732
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to t9dragon Send a message via AIM to t9dragon Send a message via MSN to t9dragon Send a message via Yahoo to t9dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfmrchnt View Post
i can not get the mamba to go into programming mode, it will set for a new rx but will not go into the settings. i followed the directions perfectly still nothing. i changed motors, rx-s batteries nothing. not at the moment willing to buy the software version do to it running on windows. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
What radio and receiver are you using?
t9dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #1733
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Having heat problems with my motor.. It's a Trinity N60 with Mamba Max ESC in an RC10T (with RPM 2.65:1 trans). I've geared it to limit the top speed by using a FDR of 18.3:1. After 5 minutes the motor got up to 100C (212F), and completely drained a IB4200 battery.
The speedo was at 68C (154F) with a fan, seems pretty hot?
The timing is on the default setting, will putting it lower make a huge difference in temperature?
I've also read gearing it up will make the motor run cooler due to it spinning slower most of the time, but then I won't be able to ever use full throttle and the speedo will get hotter?

http://stivesrc.org.au/
Bugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:31 AM   #1734
Tech Adept

Using the lowest timing should help with the temp some.
plumslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #1735
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugle View Post
Having heat problems with my motor.. It's a Trinity N60 with Mamba Max ESC in an RC10T (with RPM 2.65:1 trans). I've geared it to limit the top speed by using a FDR of 18.3:1. After 5 minutes the motor got up to 100C (212F), and completely drained a IB4200 battery.
The speedo was at 68C (154F) with a fan, seems pretty hot?
The timing is on the default setting, will putting it lower make a huge difference in temperature?
I've also read gearing it up will make the motor run cooler due to it spinning slower most of the time, but then I won't be able to ever use full throttle and the speedo will get hotter?
At that gearing you are way too under geared causing the heat issues. Try a final gearing at 11 to 1 or close to that.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:31 AM   #1736
Tech Elite

You sure that wouldn't be over geared with 11:1? The pinion sizes they recommend for the T4 running a 7700 would give a range of about 11:1 to 15:1, and this motor is supposed to be more powerful than that. I'll try something like 14:1 to start off with and see how it goes, if I can keep the front wheels on the ground

http://stivesrc.org.au/
Bugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #1737
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugle View Post
You sure that wouldn't be over geared with 11:1? The pinion sizes they recommend for the T4 running a 7700 would give a range of about 11:1 to 15:1, and this motor is supposed to be more powerful than that. I'll try something like 14:1 to start off with and see how it goes, if I can keep the front wheels on the ground
Problem is gearing a motor too low will cause as much over heating problems as being way over geared but 18 to 1 just seems to be way under geared and would cause the speedo and motor to get hotter than normal.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #1738
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so I had my mamba max in my slash for 2 laps at my local track when the velcro holding it in came loose (i know, I know!) The car ran over the speedo and stopped, then reversed unexpectedly and died. now it just blinks all 3 leds at me when I turn it on, no sound, nothing, reciver/ steering have no power. the capacitors by the heat sink were a little bent and filled with dirt. Is it dead?
C6Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #1739
Tech Master

it probably pulled the signal wires out. check em out and let us know.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:58 PM   #1740
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the wires to the reciver? they are plugged in tight. Is that what you were refering to?
C6Matt is offline   Reply With Quote