R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 08-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #1606
Tech Initiate

Well I ordered a Novak SS unit tor replace this for now. Does Castle only warranty stuff thats bought directly from them and not hobby shops? Still have not gotten a reply.
jamesban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:58 PM   #1607

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

any1 know if a sidewinder fits in a taslow5? i almost certain that my max will not out of the my retired b4. just wonderin, gettin bored and lookin at some possible trans am races here at season's end, just cant exactly hang around til the 'lil castles' go to work in the micro tourers come late october.

thx for heads up

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #1608
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
any1 know if a sidewinder fits in a taslow5? i almost certain that my max will not out of the my retired b4. just wonderin, gettin bored and lookin at some possible trans am races here at season's end, just cant exactly hang around til the 'lil castles' go to work in the micro tourers come late october.

thx for heads up

R
The Sidewinder is the same length as the Mamba and about 1mm wider. If your not running brushless in that class then the Sidewinder will be good but non of the brushless you can use will work with the Sidewinder. You will have to wait for the Mamba Max Pro that is coming out in the near future as it will run sensored motors or sensorless. Don't ask about when it is coming out as I have no idea but it is in the works.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #1609

yeh b, i mic'd the car, it wont work. similar dimensions to a g10/11 so no go. ugh. hate the thought of a 'N' brand controller in my car. want to run a 21.5 option in TA form, and if desired next yr, able to jump across to 17.5 for stock. oh well. plenty of time, micros will be here soon enuff whether i move to texas or not.

r
Old 08-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #1610

any1 match up a new micro pro on the exotek r3 yet. its borderline on size. just wonderin if some1 (gee?) has tried it for fit

R
Old 08-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #1611
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
any1 match up a new micro pro on the exotek r3 yet. its borderline on size. just wonderin if some1 (gee?) has tried it for fit

R
if u havent seen the other post already, its a squeeze

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:38 AM   #1612

well then it should prolly pit the pro if i continue to run that in mod.

R
Old 08-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #1613

not to mention in terms of stock, bob stormer is runnin outta gm sx3's. i went thru 2 last yr. 1 was my fault, the 2nd 1 has a personality in regards to its prgm. i wont hack up a castle to run brushed though. granted sadly i now have a used KO vfs-1 for a 370 application. grr. another story

R
Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #1614
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

OK Joe, I'm sending the esc and motor back to you guys so you can take a look at it. Im sorry to have to do that, cause Im sure you guys are busy. I included an explanation on the form of what is happening to me. I hope you maybe can fix it up and send it back.
Thanks for your help here in the forum.

Pete
RC Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:29 AM   #1615
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Thumbs up

Had a great weekend racing at the Eastern State Challenge race at Vineland NJ. They have 41 mod buggies. I was BQ against some really high end competition and finished 2nd in the B as I had a mistake or two that cost me.

My Sidewinder with the 4600kv motor was dialed all day along with my car. I the B main I ran the fastest lap of the heat and my fast lap was faster than 4of the A main guys.

Can't say enough how well my Sidewinder has been and the longevity me and other Team Driver Aaron Wilson hve had with are systems. It has been since October we have been racing them almost every weekend with no drop in performance. We can't be happier with are Castle equipment.

Thanks for such a great product.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:39 PM   #1616
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I was planning on sending my Mamba Max speedo back to Castle for all new wires at the end of my outdoors racing season Today I had a very bad crash and my fan was jammed into the capacitors They don't look so good any more I have to send it in now and I know I will miss the last points race in two weeks, this being a Holiday weekend sure wont help.

I think calling Castle on Tuesday morning might be the fastest way to get it fixed but I'm not sure ???????? Any ideas or advice would be apresheated........ Thanks
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:24 PM   #1617
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How can you tell if you have a ver1 or ver2 MMM?
I got a brand new one to run in my 808 with my Neu 1512 2.5 d/s and ran 3, 5s lipo batt packs thru her and she fried. No lights but the steer servo still works.
I must say that this thing is so brutally fast its not even funny. Was running against some very good nitro guys today and was doing wheelies past them on the back straight. this thing even amazed the local expert nitro guys, I was doing things with this car they couldnt even come close to doing. The first time I hit the triple, I barely hit the throttle 5 feet before it and flew past the landing by 15 feet! It was scary actually!
Love Castle stuff and have never had a prob before with 3 mambas or my sidewinder. Hope they have a good warranty as this is the first time I am gonna have to email them.
Losi 2.2 Comp Crawler
Rocksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:36 AM   #1618
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If the wires a soldered to the ESC it is a V1. If it has the 6.5 connectors on the ESC it is the V2.
plumslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #1619

joe, whats policy on sending in a max for a new Rx wire. mine is tired from its time routed thru a b4 and i'd like to replace it fresh especially if i'm goin to let it go as i've not been racing offroad this yr or next. i can do it myself in my sleep, but i dont mind asking on procedure. thx

R
Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #1620
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

guys, how long does it usually take for a motor/esc to be processed/looked at/ repaired and sent back out? The reason im asking is that if its going to be a week or so, i wont buy another setup, but if it IS going to be a long time, Ill buy something. Im going up against the weather here, as fall approaches etc.
RC Corral is offline   Reply With Quote