Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

You're on Page 101 of 159
Go to
  • i dont know how fast i was going but FAST.

it got squirrelly and i hit a telephone pole around 50 mph..
    i used a rx pack
  • You are crazy chewie!

Got to run my Mamba Monster. HOLY Crap. 80% punch control, Flips Emaxx with heavy 8000mah lipos and 2.5D 1512 Neu from standing start easily.
  • any suggestions on smoothing out throttle response? i race on a tight track, i have a zx-5 sp with a mm5700 using 4200.
  • Quote: any suggestions on smoothing out throttle response? i race on a tight track, i have a zx-5 sp with a mm5700 using 4200.
    Well you can change alot of different things to smooth it out. You can try low start power, lower timing, changing the throttle curve, a little bigger dead band setting, use a lower punch control like 90% and work you way down a little til you get the results your looking for.

I did drive a SP at are track last week a guy has and he uses the 5700 motor in it and the thing rips. It had plenty of power thats for sure.
  • Quote: Well you can change alot of different things to smooth it out. You can try low start power, lower timing, changing the throttle curve, a little bigger dead band setting, use a lower punch control like 90% and work you way down a little til you get the results your looking for.

I did drive a SP at are track last week a guy has and he uses the 5700 motor in it and the thing rips. It had plenty of power thats for sure.
    o lots of power i just need to smooth it out way 2 much torqoue
  • Quote: o lots of power i just need to smooth it out way 2 much torqoue

install new software. and get plenty of track practice..

nothing can substitute for a stabby throttle finger.
  • Quote: You are crazy chewie!

Got to run my Mamba Monster. HOLY Crap. 80% punch control, Flips Emaxx with heavy 8000mah lipos and 2.5D 1512 Neu from standing start easily.
    sometimes i get these wicked little thoughts in the back of my head. this was definatly one of them.
    now theres a new one and he kicked the old ones as#

tc3
    spools front and rear
    14.8v 6000 lipos
    geared 72/23
    belted rubber tires.
    OH YEAH there will be video of this one.
  • man i ordered my system last night! got a 5700 will be running 3s in a dark impact for road racing on weekends. going to be using super rs4 soft tires. will have the esc in a revo as well probably... only using 3s lipo so im not worried about it! im friggin excited! cant wait to get these things ripping!
  • Will Castle and Neu get into the E-Bike Craze?

My cruzier bike could use a Monster Mambe and Neu Motor
  • drag brake
    Any suggestions on setting the drag brake to feel like a brushed motor setup? I'm thinking 30-40% feels about right.
  • 25 percent custom setting
  • Quote: 25 percent custom setting
    Which motor? Not sure if it makes any difference but Ive got the 5700.
  • thats the motor i used. in 2wd buggy. anymore was too much imo
  • Quote: Any suggestions on setting the drag brake to feel like a brushed motor setup? I'm thinking 30-40% feels about right.
    On my Mamba Max I use 25 to 30 on most tracks and with the Sidewinder I need to go higher at 40%. I use the 4600 in my 2wd buggy most of the time but every now and then use the 5700 but use the same drag brake settings.
  • Quote: Thanks Drift Demon.

Checked all the things you mentioned. Ive given up on trying to mate the MM esc with Orion motors. Just cant get it to work at all.
    Thanks all who responded. Turns out the motor was shot. Sent back to Team Orion.