R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

Old 01-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #136
Tech Adept

I had the same problem last night. I switched USB port on the PC and the problem was solved. Just remember to disconnect the USB cable first from the esc or else you will have problems.

Ronald
mooony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Angry

Mooney- thanks for the input. I have tried switching to all 6 USB ports and with all possible configurations, and I still get the same error message. As soon as I plug in the USB to ESC, red and greed LED flash continiusly and at the same time. When I hit the send update button, ESC led turns green, then after about 3-4 seconds, I get the error message, and then ESC LED'S red and green start flashing. I have tried re-calibrating but it doesnt even allow that. In fact, when I power on the ESC, it doesnt even give the tones it usually does when all is OK. It just goes to solid red and green LED's. No flashing, just solid. There is no way of resetting or errasing its memory or software and re-installing it, to begin fresh, so I guess it retains the old bugged and messed up memory and software...its really frustrating...someone please help!!!

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #138
Tech Adept

I had to update the firmware as well last night is it did not want to hold any setting I did. Switching port and update firmware might resole the problem.

Ronald
Old 01-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #139
Tech Elite

Talking

Mooney- It go fixed! I had to try to update firmware 3 times before it finally got it right w/o error messages. The 3rd time, I unplugged the esc usb first, then the PC usb. Reconnected USB to PC first, then to ESC, and the firmware update went OK. After that, sytem works OK again!!! Now I'm allowed to update and change settings like before and it gives me the usual music tones. I got throttle/brakes back and system seems good to go....we might be on to something here....

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:11 PM   #140
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Mooney- It go fixed! I had to try to update firmware 3 times before it finally got it right w/o error messages. The 3rd time, I unplugged the esc usb first, then the PC usb. Reconnected USB to PC first, then to ESC, and the firmware update went OK. After that, sytem works OK again!!! Now I'm allowed to update and change settings like before and it gives me the usual music tones. I got throttle/brakes back and system seems good to go....we might be on to something here....
yyhayyim - I am glad you got it fixed. Since I did firmware update everything seems to work better then before.

Ronald
Old 01-29-2007, 03:57 PM   #141
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I hard wire so i use the switch, and as long as your trigger is at neutral when you turn on there should not be a problem.
Thank you for the clarification. Picked up a Max 5700 combo today, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #142
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

when is the 6900 supposed to be in stores? i really want to put one in my buggy.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:19 PM   #143
Tech Rookie

Default Any RF problems with any M-Max systems??

Has anyone had any RF interference issues when running the 7700 system? I have heard from some friends in Australia they have been seeing problems. I have yet to find a post on this subject. TIA

Chris
VENOM REP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:30 PM   #144
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer745
when is the 6900 supposed to be in stores? i really want to put one in my buggy.
Should be in stores now. If not just give us a call.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #145
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOM REP
Has anyone had any RF interference issues when running the 7700 system? I have heard from some friends in Australia they have been seeing problems. I have yet to find a post on this subject. TIA

Chris

I have not personally seen any issues with interference with mine. Please list some details from what you have been hearing. This way we can try and help resolve the problem.

Thanks,
Old 01-29-2007, 06:34 PM   #146
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron P
Thank you for the clarification. Picked up a Max 5700 combo today, so we'll see how it goes.
The Mamba Max system does not have this problem, just the Mamba 25, You will be fine.

Later,
Old 01-29-2007, 06:47 PM   #147
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOM REP

Chris
Hey Chris
yes this has happened here ( i am in Aus too) but it has had nothing to do with the mamba but the way the receiver etc etc had been installed and more so the crap 27 am frequency the guy was usuing. I most likely can say that 9 out of 10 interferrence problems are caused thru poorly installed installations and am frequencies used.

I could be wrong please any one correct me if i am

-Tony
Do you won't free Post on your items, PLEASE contact AUSTRALIA POST to confirm your eligibility and enter your code number here. Otherwise standard rates apply. Why don't people haggle or complain with o/s postage but always want local postage for free or moan like their left hand was cut-off, Come on guys Aus post do have set costs , it isn't the seller trying to rip you off.Items must be sold. All reasonable offers considered
addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #148
Tech Elite

well i wanted somethign faster than the 5700 for my buggy, but also wanted torque. would the 7700 have a lot of torque with a 9.84 final drive?

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Run a 3 cell 11.1 li-po

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer745
well i wanted somethign faster than the 5700 for my buggy, but also wanted torque. would the 7700 have a lot of torque with a 9.84 final drive?
Do you won't free Post on your items, PLEASE contact AUSTRALIA POST to confirm your eligibility and enter your code number here. Otherwise standard rates apply. Why don't people haggle or complain with o/s postage but always want local postage for free or moan like their left hand was cut-off, Come on guys Aus post do have set costs , it isn't the seller trying to rip you off.Items must be sold. All reasonable offers considered
addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #150
Tech Elite

all i can afford right now is the system. so i will only be able to run 6 nimh...

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS