R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Default Team Orion Avionics

Since we are finding many of our customers using several of the Avionics line of products for Micro and Mini cars as wel as some for 1:10 such as chargers etc. I though it would be a good idea to provide a place for those that want more info or have questions.

http://www.teamorion-avionics.com

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Default Avionics Advantage Charger

Hello,

I fly planes and race 1/10 TC. and currently use Nimh in both planes and car, but would like to start using lipo exclusivly.

I was wondering, can the Avionics Advantage charger give a decent and safe charge to a 1700mah 3s1p 11.1v lipo, a 4000mah 7.4v 2s2p lipo, the 4800mah Platinum lipo and the 3200 Carbon edition Lipo?

Could you please give your thoughts on this because I would like to get rid of the nimh batts.

These lipos are are the batts I would consider getting, and I want something that can give a decent charge to my plane batts and my car batts in these configurations, safely, without costing a fortune.

what are the alternative chargers that I should consider.

Thanks

Pete
Supernova
Nomadio
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Hi Pete,

I would use the Advantage FLIGHT Charger for all of these as I also use the same batteries you listed and this is the my charger of choice.

http://www.teamorion-avionics.com/Ad...Flight+Charger

This will also charge Ni-MH and Lead Acid if you want to get into Boats or still want to keep some of your Ni-MH around.

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
Old 12-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i use the charger in the link in MRBLACK`s post for my 2 MAXAMP 4000 lipo`s and i have 2 peak and 2 orion 3200`s lipo`s and it works great for those as well as well as my mini packs 6 and 8 2/3A cell pack`s takes up very little room in the pit box i will be purchasing another one before summer offroad season to be used in place of one of my integy chargers
52zmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #5
Tech Regular

This is the one I was looking at:

http://www.teamorion-avionics.com/Ad...harging+System

mainly due to its lower cost.

are there any safety features like a thermal cutout? or is that only on the better one.
Supernova
Nomadio
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:48 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Yes it will give you the same warnings including polarity detection so if you plug your pack in backwards nothing will get damaged.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:14 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

What do you think about this charger?

http://www.teamorion-avionics.com/Ad...Flight+Charger
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:12 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Hi Mr. Black,

I have the Advantage Advanced Flight Charger and wanted to know how to charge two Orion 4800 lipos at once. Is it possible? If so, can you tell me what do I need?

Thanks!
phresko is offline   Reply With Quote