R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-07-2006, 12:58 PM   #106
Tech Adept

The rerun day for the electric regionals is this coming weekend, we are going down their with a strong team and hopefully we can pull out a win or two!
L.P.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #107
Tech Adept

Hey guys how many of you might go to the carpet nats? let me know so i can plan ahead to make shure we are all taken care of! its march 1st - 4th! its at cefx raceway the one Josh Cyrul owns! Let me know!
Old 11-08-2006, 07:59 AM   #108
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How about the Novak race - I'm sending in my entry form today. Is there anybody else interested in going to that race - it's at the beginning of the year the first week of January.

Jeremy: let me look into the March race and I'll get back at you on if I'll be able to go. I'm sure we can talk about it this weekend at the regional makeup race.

L8R Steve Marker
Old 11-08-2006, 08:57 AM   #109
Tech Adept

Im not going to be able to make the Novak race, we are focusing on the snowbirds, since we are a sponser for the race. But i will attend the carpet nats, and hopefully some smaller races as well. Keep me posted on if you can make the nats!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #110
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think I am in for the birds' also.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:49 PM   #111
Tech Adept

Cool thats one, and i know of a few others that are coming with me as well! It should be a blast theisgroup! what up with the name by the way?
Old 11-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #112
Tech Elite

company name.

THE I.S. GROUP

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
Old 11-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #113
Tech Adept

OOOOHHH! I gotcha! So thats what they call big ballers now days!
Old 11-08-2006, 08:42 PM   #114
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Mr. & Mrs. McGoo will be attending the Birds for sure - and I am trying to figure out if I will be making Novak...I would love to, but just depends on work.....
Old 11-13-2006, 09:45 AM   #115
Tech Adept

This Past weekend in San Antonio Texas was the rerun date for the region 9 electric championships. It was a good weekend for racing, the weather was nice and cool, and this time their was no rain! Team lightspeed was in full effect at this race, and we took home almost all the hardware out of five clases we took four championships! Ron Atomic won stock sedan, 19 turn sedan, and mod sedan running a nine turn with five cells! I will get back to this in a minute. Tim Copp won mod 1/12th scale and took 2nd in stock, but he did manage to win one of the mains in stock! Now back to this five cell thing i believe going to five cells will be the ticket, the motors after a five minute run were spotless, no heat build up, and they still performed very well, the cars were fast, very fast! Another lightspeed driver named Chris Metheny ran it first, and the six cell cars could not pull away from him. In the last of the triple a mains, Lightspeed driver Todd Bath ran a 7 single with a 5 cell, and i think thats going to be the ticket. The realy good part is the motors looked like the could be run again with out being cut. In the next few weeks i will test this on the carpet with seven turns or maybe even six turns! I was very impressed with how much easier it was on the equipment, i know not everyone likes change but i think this one will be good. We were running epic cobalt 2 based motors with the oval brush, and we ran checkpoint based engines, and were having issues with both running six cells, with these high voltage batteries we have today, i even saw a couple brushless systems shut down running the new batts! I am in favor of the 5 cells, i wasnt at first but after this week end i believe!!!!!!!! Good job to all of team lightspeed, you guys did your part and i tried to do mine, and we had good results! Until next time good luck to all!
Old 11-13-2006, 09:50 AM   #116
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Great job guys!!! I had some family issues and had to not make the trip, hope to see ya guys at Mike's in a couple weeks.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:56 AM   #117
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Great job guys Awesome cells and motors glad to be part of it.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #118
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.P.I.
I am in favor of the 5 cells, i wasnt at first but after this week end i believe!!!!!!!! Good job to all of team lightspeed, you guys did your part and i tried to do mine, and we had good results! Until next time good luck to all!
Test with 4 cells.....Because when Roar votes on it in January it's for 4 cell....5 cell is not even an option to them. Id be interested in hearing your results as I am on the On-road committee and must give them my opinion.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #119
Tech Adept

I havent tested with the four cell config yet, but with what ive been told its pretty fast as well! I never thought that i would even think about takin power away, but now i have a totaly different outlook on it! I am just curious as to what ifmar is going to do on this subject? Iam in for what ever we have to do to make it right!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #120
Tech Elite

ygpm