R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #76
Tech Adept

Default We have a winner!

Well guys we had a winner off of another forum! But i will tell you the answer anyways! In 1989 at the indoor track in Fort Worth Texas Todd Fox which is Lightspeeds first sponsered driver tqed and won the Roar us national championship, driving a custom works dominater that was and still is propably the trickest car ive ever seen! it had titanium wheel hexes, dog bones, turnbuckles, screws, nuts and titanium wasnt even realy in our sport at the time. Still to this day you can pick this car up and spend the tires and they will rotate for about a minute, and i havent touched it in 10 years! I will be having another contest in the future so stay posted!
L.P.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:07 AM   #77
Tech Adept

I still have some of those cheap batts! but they are going fast! 30 bucks for a batt you can race with is hard to beat!
Old 10-24-2006, 10:43 AM   #78
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.P.I.
Well guys we had a winner off of another forum! But i will tell you the answer anyways! In 1989 at the indoor track in Fort Worth Texas Todd Fox which is Lightspeeds first sponsered driver tqed and won the Roar us national championship, driving a custom works dominater that was and still is propably the trickest car ive ever seen! it had titanium wheel hexes, dog bones, turnbuckles, screws, nuts and titanium wasnt even realy in our sport at the time. Still to this day you can pick this car up and spend the tires and they will rotate for about a minute, and i havent touched it in 10 years! I will be having another contest in the future so stay posted!
Who won? Cause I actually knew that one... just have'nt been following this forum lately.

Thanks
Kyle Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #79
Tech Adept

What up Kyle its Jeremy, the winner was Wayne Aycok he lives here in Texas. Hows things where your at?
Old 10-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #80
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Not much. I'll call you tomorrow and we can catch up.
Kyle Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:45 AM   #81
Tech Adept

So whats everyone up to this weekend, i have the last south west series race in san antonio that im going to, hopefully i can wrap the championship up for lightspeed and the lightspeed tires. i just got word that i will have my new carpet car next week! then its off to the carpet tracks!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:44 AM   #82
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Good luck Jeremy and to any Lightspeed drivers going,i am staying here and running on the rug
Old 10-26-2006, 09:51 AM   #83
Tech Adept

Good luck on the rug Steve, I cant wait to hit the rug. I just found out that iam for shure going to the snowbirds, and lightspeed is going to be one of the sponsers for this race! there will be banners and their will be a lightspeed logo on the entry forums. Its time for me to start getting ready! practice, practice, practice! Any one from our team thats going let me know!
Old 10-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

MagicMarker and I will be in Omaha, Nebraska this weekend for the NorthWest Championships. It's a rug race.

I spoke with Metheny and he is also expecting his new XRAY.

Good luck Jeremy!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:12 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

good luck boys and bring the hardware home to Texas

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #86
Tech Adept

Good luck David and Mark i hope you gus do well, and have fun. To the rest of the guys we wont be in the office today but you can send us emails if you have any questions or problems and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #87
Tech Adept

We are back in the office today, we left early on friday so wecould go race in San Antonio for the last south west series race. Sorry for any incovenence this may have caused. I would like to here how the rest of you guys did this weekend. Down in S.A. lightspeed had a good showing, Ron Atomik tqed the sedan class, and was running srong in his race, but a bit of bad luck and a tunning issue would keep him from the win, Tommy Porfirio of Rocket Science racing fuels went on to win the race with his kyosho evo 2 which is available at lightspeedrc, he was running a sirio sti and a sirio pipe. In the spec class the current masters national champion Tim copp was trying for the series sweep in wins, but a few mechanical problems kept him from the finnish, but he did go on to win the series championship with lightspeed tires, and a mugen MRX4-R, which is also available from lightspeedrc. In the open 1/8th scale class it was one of those races that however could stay out of trouble early, they were going to be their at the end. Ron gustin (the owner) had some ponnys in his car from fusion motorsports but was undone by a servo that went out at about the twenty minute mark , He was on rails with his kyosho evolva wc editon, and had a good car until the bad luck got him, but managed an eighth place finnish. Jeremy Cupps(the motor builder) worked through a number of problems, and managed to bring home the win with his ninja powered, MRX4-R and lightspeed tires, and he wraped up the series championship as well. It was a fun race that was ran flawlesly, and we got to run on a track that was set up alot like fort myers were the winter nats are going to be next year, hopefully the extra practice will help us out for the febuary race. All in all it was a good showing for the nitro side of lightspeed products, we are always working hard to bring the best products to the table for you nitro and electric guys.

Thank you Lightspeed Products
Old 10-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #88
Tech Master

Hey Jeremy stayed here local instead of going to Omaha glad i did think we had more guys at home in stock rubber here New motor you sent ran great tq and won thanks again talk to you soon.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #89
Tech Adept

Good Job Steve, im glad you enjoyed the motor. You guys race on sundays up there dont you? i may have to shoot up there here pretty soon. Iam planing on going to mikes next saturday, to run my new 007 car for the first time! Keep up the good work Steve!
Old 10-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #90
Tech Master

Are you going on the 11th?If so let me know and i will come down,what time does he start?